Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Outraged in Houston

Yesterday my wife and I have to venture into what is referred to as Little Mexico in Houston. This is an area south, off US 59 and Chimneyrock.

Along the feeder road of US 59 there are literally several dozen Hispanics waiting on the side of the road to be picked up for jobs. I would bet my wallet that if even they are legal (which I doubt) they have no work permits. Anyway, standing just feet from these "people" is a Houston Police Officer standing beside his car with a radar gun. While even loitering is a crime in Houston, not once did this HPD officer do anything about making these people move on down the road. He just stood there ignoring these law breakers hoping to catch someone speeding.

If this isn't proof that Houston is a sanctuary city I don't what more we can offer. Why is it ICE can not go there and do something. This has been a pick up spot for illegals wanting day jobs for years. Seems it would be easy pickings for LaMigra, yet all branches of the law turn a blind eye.

In most corners in this same area there are signs on advertising in Spanish for Hispanic people interested in buying a low priced home. On the sign it says they have no interest in migratory status. So in other words, they want to sell homes to illegals probably because they are easy to take advantage of.

It seems that no one is really interested in enforcing the laws.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

To bad you didn't have a camera with you that would have made a good picture to use.
    **Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "man, what a rid

Outraged in Houston

This story also proves that the illegal population in Houston and surrounding areas have NO FEAR of the law. Even if caught speeding with no registration, license or insurance, they will not be ticketed. The cops know they will not pay fines or appear in court, so why bother.
    Now if the speeder is a legal citizen with no license, registration, or insurance, the car will be towed to a storage lot until the owner shows proof of insurance, pays towing and storage fees.
    It should be easy to understand why Houstonians have some resentment over this double standard.
    Many of the surrounding counties have major problems with growing populations of the undocumented. But you don't hear any of our State Reps pushing for enforcement, at least not very loudly.

It struck me as I was reading this,what the day laborers are doing is not too different then prostituition and in some cases probably is prostituition.

Houston prostitutes should Sue Houston if they are arrested since one of the supposed crimes is tax evasion.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

The FBI's computerized fingerprint identification database is supposed to help US authorities find convicted felons. There was an article previously. Are the local police able to use this at all? So far US Border Patrol is using it. There needs to be pressure on other agencies to avail themselves of the technology.

Last month, Border Patrol agents from the Casa Grande station apprehended a group of 13 illegal aliens west of Sells, Arizona. All 13 subjects were transported to the Nogales Processing Center where their fingerprints were entered into the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS), for comparison with the FBI fingerprint database.

The technology, the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System or IAFIS, enables Border Patrol agents to search fingerprint databases simultaneously using the Automated Biometric Identification System (IDENT) and the FBI fingerprint database. It provides rapid identification of individuals with outstanding criminal warrants by electronically comparing a live-scanned fingerprint with a nationwide database of biometrically indexed fingerprints.
    It looks like police departments and govenments will continue using American citizens for revenue purposes, instead of truly enforcing laws and protecting the public, But at least they should use this sytem to get the worst illegal offenders out of here.

To go to the FBI site for information:
    http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/iafis.htm
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Outraged in Houston

The technology is available. How do we convince Houston Police to enforce immigration law. They are still saying it is a federal issue and we don't have the resourses. In other words, we surrendered Houston to the invading forces years ago.
    I haven't seen anything passed in Houston or Texas to discourage illegal immigration.

to Texan123, during the Republican primary illegal immigration was on the ballot and I saw one lawmaker on TV say that it would be a test to guage the public support on enforcing immigration. The Montgomery News has Topix to get the poll results, contact all the Repubilican government and hold their feet to the fire. Good Luck

I thought all police departments were supposed to apprehend people with outstanding warrants. I know we've got this resistance going on with the federal enforcement--local enforcement divide. Oops, I just found out that Houston PD has had AIFIS since 1979. Don't know what to say. We have a similar obstinacy in this part of the country and among city officials. It could be that they are also afraid of being sued for "profiling." But at least you have the IAFIS available. Keep inching ahead; if they are not using that system they should be pressured to use it. I know that doesnt take care of the whole problem.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Last October, I spoke out publicly against illegal immigration at my chuch, and a Hispanic officer was ready to ARREST me for he said that my remarks were UPSETTING the people. I countered that if ANYONE was upset with my remarks because they are here ILLEGALLY, TOUGH! I told the officer that he should be ARRESTING and JAILING the ILLEGALS instead of ME!

OUTRAGED in HOUSTON

It is true that REPUBLICANS overwhelmingly passed local enforcement of immigration and photo ID to vote.
    This is not the first time the voters have approved this. The problem is that our REPS in Congress kill any bill that hints at immigration enforcement.
    Just look at Gov Perry who promised border security prior to his last election. Then we had Kay Bailey Hutchinson, who gutted the Fence Act, voted in favor of the Dream Act and will most likely run for Gov next time around. Republican David Dewherst was credited with killing the photo id to vote bill.

It should be pretty obvious to those who read these posts that voters no longer determine which laws are enforced and which rights are given away to non-citizens. To change this we have to be very vocal and forceful without using "hate speech".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast