Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Paper 'busts' lawmakers at immigration rally pointing to 'em

Paper 'busts' lawmakers at immigration rally pointing to 'empty boxes'
    Ron Brynaert
    Published: Monday June 18, 2007

Lawmakers were pointing to "empty boxes" at a press conference last Thursday, a Capitol Hill newspaper reports.

"At a pro-immigration rally Thursday, a group of politicians including Sens. Mel Martinez (R-Fla.), Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) and Rep. Joe Baca (D-Calif.) addressed reporters while picturesquely standing in front of an impressive tower of boxes they said contained letters from a million supporters of comprehensive immigration reform," Emily Heil reports for Roll Call's 'Heard on the Hill.'

According to a press release, the letters were part of the "Por la Reforma Migratoria con PiolĂ*n" campaign launched by Univision radio personality Eddie 'PiolĂ*n' Sotelo, and was touted as marking "the first time that a letter writing campaign has generated such a large number of letters in support of immigration reform."

"As the Members repeatedly referred to the letters and gestured toward the boxes allegedly containing them as evidence of the support for the immigration bill that is struggling in the Senate, a crack Roll Call photographer on hand at the event began to grow suspicious," Heil continues. "He could see light shining through the handles of the boxes, indicating that they weren’t full."

The paper reveals, "Sure enough, a quick check revealed that the boxes were, indeed, completely empty."

However, as the above photo shows, at least some letters were present at the press conference.

In January of 2003, a speech by Bush elicited some controversy when it was discovered that "prop" boxes had been relabeled to provide visual cues for the president.

As CNN reported, "When the president delivered his remarks, he did so from the floor of a warehouse with American flags in the background along with the logo 'Strengthening America's Economy' on a backdrop of boxes. The boxes were stamped 'Made in U.S.A.' One problem: The boxes were made in China."

"And that was evident despite an effort to hide labels on boxes surrounding the stage," the CNN report continued. "The boxes placed on the side of the stage had 'Made in China' labels covered up with white pieces of paper."

A White House spokesman later blamed the incident on an "overzealous advance volunteer."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Democ...nt_to_0618.html
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

pro-amnesty senators are liers. They know that the border is not going to be secure under this bill. Even had the boxes been filled, the letters would have been from illegals or the mexican government.

Letters

I have a couple of letters for these Senators! How about F and U?
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

csa

Re: Letters

Quote Originally Posted by lunarminer

That a good one
    <blockquote><blockquote><blockquote><blockquote><d iv>"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."</d

if we don't vote this kind of scum out, every chance we get, we will be overrun by this legitimized invasion.

ATTENTION ALL ALIPAC TEAM WILLIAM IS ASKING FOR HELP LETS RALLY TO HIS AID!!! CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW!!!!
    POSTING THREAD
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=70506

INFORMATION THREAD
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=70503
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

That link to the story isn't working for me. Can someone else try it and let me know if it works?
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    That link to the story isn't working for me. Can someone else try it and let me know if it works?
    DcSA, didn't work for me either!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Re: Letters

Quote Originally Posted by lunarminer
    :P
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*