Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Pat Buchanan: Custer Was Better Prepared for Battle Than Today's GOP

Buchanan: Custer Was Better Prepared for Battle Than Today's GOP

Friday, 27 Dec 2013 04:03 PM
    By Bill Hoffmann

Famed conservative commentator Pat Buchanan fears that Republicans have no solid plan to challenge Democrats in the coming years and that even tragic Gen. George Custer was better prepared for battle.

"One thing [that] could be said about these fellows, they do not think it through. Gen. Custer had a battle plan for weeks compared to these fellows," Buchanan told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"Before you march into one of these battles, you've got to be prepared for the fact that, look, we may get bloodied so badly we're going to have to step back across the Potomac River like Robert E. Lee did after Gettysburg …

"Have we war gamed what's going to happen? Do we have a communication strategy if we have to pull back to this position or this position or advance to that one? I don't think they do and that's why I say they'd better be aware."

Story continues below video.

Video at the Page Link:

Buchanan, a former senior adviser to Presidents Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford, said the GOP's one major plus is the Affordable Care Act's disastrous rollout — but added they must tread carefully.

"With regard to Obamacare, they don't have to do anything and that is going to be a winner for Republicans because it's been such a disaster for America and it's going to continue to be so," he said.

"[But] Republicans should be aware there are some traps being laid for them in the immediate future. They're going to be asked to vote on that unemployment extensions, they're going to be asked to vote on immigration bill … they're going to be made to vote on a minimum wage, which is very popular now apparently according to the national polls."

He said President Barack Obama will push the minimum wage bill as part of his self-proclaimed battle against economic inequality.

"So I don't think the Republicans can sit on their laurels and simply, as I said, ride Secretariat in the derby here right back into power in November. They got to be pretty aware that things are coming down the pike," Buchanan said.

"They're walking into the same trap, if you will … with the debt ceiling coming up. Now the Republicans are going to say we demand x, y and z but before they go into that and strap on their guns, they've got to be prepared to go all the way and I don't think they are."

See the “Steve Malzberg Show” on Newsmax TV each weekday live by clicking here now.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/buc...#ixzz2ojPCGvBa
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member Paleoconservative's Avatar
    RINOs Must Go!