Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President : Constitution is still a legally document or NOT

Dear Reader,

Tomorrow the President will decide whether or not the Constitution is still a legally binding document.

Seriously.

After Congress passed the omnibus spending bill, members of Congress inserted into the conference report that accompanied the legislation more than 9,000 earmarks worth several billion dollars.

The earmarks were not voted on by the House and Senate. Yet, Congress maintains that the earmarks are legally binding. This violates the process for passing legislation in the Constitution of the United States.

Tomorrow, the President will decide whether he should issue an executive order telling government agencies to ignore the earmarks. If the President issues the executive order, he will be enforcing the legislative process the Constitution says we must follow. If the President does not issue the executive order, he will be rewarding Congress for ignoring the Constitution.

Please call the President at 202-456-1111 and tell him to issue the Executive Order on Earmarks.

You can also email comments@whitehouse.gov.

Also, please call Senator Mitch McConnell who is pushing the President to ignore the Constitution. Tell Mitch McConnell to stop ignoring the Constitution and support the executive order. You can call him at 202-224-2541.

All the best,

Erick Erickson
    Editor, RedState.com

working4change
    Thank you for posting. Will contact both.

This government just wants to keep putting this country in further debt.

I'll call and email.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JJ
    I am going to call but Bush has not listen to or done anything that the people wanted to date.

All of a sudden Bush is a Fin know it all.
    He has NO RIGHT to decided wheather the consitution is a legal document. what now he wants to rewrite the consitution?
    This was founded by our four fathers NOT HIM, boy he has REALLY lost his marbles and gone off the deep in.
    They need to call the funny farm, because one of their nuts is missing.
    Put him in a straight jacket and throw him in a padded room.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

I think I'm understanding this - kinda.

Just a little thought and I'm not trying to bring Ron Paul into everything but might something like this be the reason Ron Paul has voted against certain bills everyone thought were strictly immigration bills.

This stuff needs to stop - everything that is passed needs to stand on it's own - out front and publicly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    I am going to call but Bush has not listen to or done anything that the people wanted to date.
    That was my response also. He never listens to us.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!