Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President distorts truth seven times in 54 seconds

July 2, 2010
    President distorts truth seven times in 54 seconds
    By Bryan Fischer

In what surely must be a land-speed record even for our veracity-challenged president, President Obama misled the American public seven times in a breathtaking 54 seconds in his immigration speech yesterday.

It was a spectacular example of warping, twisting, bending, and altering the truth. Others less charitable than I would say the president told the nation seven bald-faced lies in less than one minute.

Here is the section of his speech of which I speak, with the obfuscations of the truth bold-faced. Explanation to follow:

"Into this breach, states like Arizona have decided to take matters into their own hands. Given the levels of frustration across the country, this is understandable. But it is also ill conceived. And it's not just that the law Arizona passed is divisive — although it has fanned the flames of an already contentious debate. Laws like Arizona's put huge pressures on local law enforcement to enforce rules that ultimately are unenforceable. It puts pressure on already hard-strapped state and local budgets. It makes it difficult for people here illegally to report crimes — driving a wedge between communities and law enforcement, making our streets more dangerous and the jobs of our police officers more difficult."

* "ill conceived" — In the most significant parts of the Arizona law, its language is drawn word-for-word from federal immigration statutes signed into law by Democrat icons. The requirement that every non-citizen in the U.S. be required to carry documentation was passed by a Democrat Congress and signed into law by President Franklin Roosevelt in 1940. Other parts of the law mirror language from the immigration law signed by President Lyndon Johnson in 1965, a bill championed by Sen. Ted Kennedy.

* "divisive" — 71% of Arizonans support the bill. It has unified rather than divided. In politics, a 60-40 win is considered a landslide. For a law to get 71% support is an overwhelming mandate.

* "unenforceable" — Just ask Maricopa Sheriff Joe Arpaio exactly how difficult this law is to enforce. If other communities find it unenforceable, they need better sheriffs.

* "budgets" — Just ask Arizonans about budgetary impacts. They are coughing up $2.7 billion a year for education, welfare, health care and law enforcement costs to deal with the illegal alien problem. A secure border would free up almost $3 billion dollars, either to be returned to the wallets of residents or spent on other programs. Mayfield, California, a city which declared itself a "safe haven" for illegal aliens, just closed down under the strain of budgetary pressures.

* "report crimes" — This is just ridiculous. Nobody asks for your Social Security number when you call 911. They just send a squad car. And the Arizona law only allows law enforcement to check your immigration status if you are committing a crime, not if you are reporting one.

* "streets more dangerous" — Ask the residents of Phoenix about this one. Phoenix is now second only to Mexico City as the kidnapping capital of the world. Home invasions, drug crimes and street crimes are up — "off the charts" to use Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu's words — because of illegal aliens. The federal government has virtually ceded large swathes of sovereign U.S. territory to the drug cartels, putting signs up warning U.S. citizens to stay of U.S. property because Mexican drug cartels control it. Mayfield, California, which declared itself a "safe haven" for illegal aliens, just closed down.

* "jobs of our police officers more dangerous" — Ask Joslyn Johnson, the widow of slain Houston patrolman Rodney Johnson, who was shot to death in 2006 by an illegal alien who had already been deported one time and had been arrested at least three times before gunning Johnson down at a routine traffic stop. If our southern border were secure, Rodney Johnson would be alive today. Making their jobs more dangerous? Hardly. It's the other way round.

This stunning display of mendacity is strong evidence that the president is completely wrong on the issue of immigration and knows it. If your position is right, you don't need to fudge the truth to prop it up. If you are on the wrong side of the angels, however, the truth is your enemy. And on the issue of immigration, the truth clearly is not the friend of President Obama.

http://oneoldvet.com/

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/100702
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

GR
    Only seven times?

Is he getting better?

Still, let's not put our faith, hope, and charity in his hands - yet.

"It makes it difficult for people here illegally to report crimes — driving a wedge between communities and law enforcement, making our streets more dangerous and the jobs of our police officers more difficult."

This is the same BS the LAPD uses to excuse their behavior towards illegal aliens in Los Angeles. It makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    "It makes it difficult for people here illegally to report crimes — driving a wedge between communities and law enforcement, making our streets more dangerous and the jobs of our police officers more difficult."

This is the same BS the LAPD uses to excuse their behavior towards illegal aliens in Los Angeles. It makes me sick.
    Alot of departments use this excuse and that is all it is. Many illegals know that they will not be asked for ID or immigration status if they are a victim of crime. The ones that don't are the ones who have someone call the police department on the non emergency line and actually ask if their friend who is here illegally would get deported if they called police regarding a crime being committed or if they are a victim of crime.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The lies of PrezzBhO

And why is it so difficult for the compliant press to call out a liar for what he is? Just because he sits in the seat of the President of the US? Seems to me that there have been quite a few times that a President has been called on the carpet by the press for lying. This idiot has too many Chicago thugs working for him and playing puppet master.
    JMHO

I can hardly even listen to this ass anymore. I've made no secret of my hate and utter contempt for ugly excuse for POTUS. He is ruining our lives with his constant lying and BS. To say I resent him for that would be an understatement.

I've never actually hated any president - ever, until now. I don't like feeling this way, but I just can't shake it. The best I can do to feel better is not watch or listen to him anymore. I know a lot of people who feel the same way, but there is still little comfort in that. The worst of it is feeling totally helpless because he doesn't listen nor does he care what we want. At least Bush listened. Now I think I truly know how people living under a dictatorship must feel.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I can hardly even listen to this ass anymore. I've made no secret of my hate and utter contempt for ugly excuse for POTUS. He is ruining our lives with his constant lying and BS. To say I resent him for that would be an understatement.

I've never actually hated any president - ever, until now. I don't like feeling this way, but I just can't shake it. The best I can do to feel better is not watch or listen to him anymore. I know a lot of people who feel the same way, but there is still little comfort in that. The worst of it is feeling totally helpless because he doesn't listen nor does he care what we want. At least Bush listened. Now I think I truly know how people living under a dictatorship must feel.
    I agree.

My attitude is the same as 2008 Candidate Alan Keyes, who is suing Obama to produce a birth certificate. His reply to a reporter questioning him about "President Obama" was: "Is he the President"? That's how I feel, it helps control my anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman

My attitude is the same as 2008 Candidate Alan Keyes, who is suing Obama to produce a birth certificate. His reply to a reporter questioning him about "President Obama" was: "Is he the President"? That's how I feel, it helps control my anger.
    Alan Keyes should have been the man sitting in the white house - he has the right idea. I really TRIED to like Obama, I wanted to like him, but I just can't. I try and turn my anger and disgust into something productive in fighting him and his policies. I try not to let it consume me.