Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Question on Tancredo's Sanctuary City Bill

My Thinking on the easy passage of Tancredo's sanctuary city bill is that it affirms the federal right in matters of immigration. My state legislature and many cities say immigration is a federal resposibility. If this is true then sanctuary city laws would violate that principal.

In the New Haven situation I tought right away a court case could strike their ID' s to enable illegal ailens to access federal benifits no matter how disguised.

If this thinking is true I would predict passage in the Senate because of votes from both sides affirming federal authority, and a signature by Bush.

questions.

Is the Federal government the authority in immigration matters?

If Cities and states are not allowed to confer federal benifits on illegals, do they also not have the right to deny the same?
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

[b]Rep. Tancredo (R-CO): Prohibits the expenditure of funds in contravention of a federal law (8 USC 1373a) that bans so-called “sanctuary policies.â€
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Sanctuary Cities are in violation of federal laws right now but our federal government refuses to do anything about them except make excuses for the mayors and the illegals.

Communities that pass sanctuary resolutions/ordinances are violating the law.

If you want more info and an updated sanctuary city list, go here:

http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org