Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

RedState: If the Clintons Were Serious About the South, They'd Stump in West Virginia

RedState

Let’s just establish something right here, right now:

If the Clintons Were Serious About the South, They'd Stump in West Virginia
    The Clintons do not stump in West Virginia because doing so would give the Clinton's game away.
    redstate.com

If the Clintons were serious about the South, they’d stump in West Virginia.

By: Moe Lane (Diary) | October 19th, 2014 at 10:00 PM | 9

Let’s just establish something right here, right now:
    Self-proclaimed Clinton Democrats are struggling this election cycle, and not even their powerful namesakes may be enough to save them.

Both Bill and Hillary Clinton have tried to turn on their charms to help centrist Democrats in Kentucky and Arkansas. But as candidates in both states are slipping, help from the party’s preeminent power couple is falling short.
    …the article goes on to claim that in 2016 Bill and Hillary Clinton may be regional powerhouses in the South anyway. And that’s something that is completely at odds with the actual truth, which is that the Clintons know full well that they’re not going to make a darn bit of difference in the South. And how do I know that? Easy. They’re going to Kentucky and Arkansas: two states where the Democratic candidate will lose and it won’t actually be the Clintons’ fault. Both Sen. Mark Pryor (D-AR)Heritage ActionScorecard

Sen. Mark Pryor

Senate Democrat Average See Full Scorecard 9% and Alison Grimes have run poor campaigns against Rep. Tom Cotton (R-AR)Heritage ActionScorecard

Rep. Tom Cotton

House Republican Average See Full Scorecard 82% and Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)Heritage ActionScorecard

Sen. Mitch McConnell 68% Senate Republican Average64% See Full Scorecard 68%: there’s no real demographic benefit that Hillary or Bill Clinton could give those two, and pretty much everybody knows it.

But how about West Virginia? On paper, this is the place where the Clintons should be going: it’s a long-time Democratic-on-the-local-and-state-level stronghold where Hillary Clinton rather convincingly beat Barack Obama in 2008, and the state is full of the same kind of blue-collar Democrats that the Clintons supposedly can reach in Kentucky and Arkansas. The Democratic nominee there is current Secretary of State Natalie Tennant; and while she’s losing – badly – to Shelley Moore Capito that is in large part to the fact that Tennant cannot separate herself from the Obama wing of the Democratic party. If there is a location in the South where a couple of alleged Democratic populists like the Clintons* could make a difference, it’d be in West Virginia. I mean, nobody’s claiming that Tennant is a Pryor or a Rep. Bruce Braley (D-IA)Heritage ActionScorecard

Rep. Bruce Braley 4% House Democrat Average 12% See Full Scorecard 4% or a Sen. Mark Udall (D-CO)Heritage ActionScorecard

Sen. Mark Udall 0% Senate Democrat Average 3% See Full Scorecard 0% of a candidate; she’s just… stuck.
    But no Hillary. And no Bill. Because the reality is that they wouldn’t move the needle for Tennant, and it’d be pretty obvious that they weren’t moving that needle. And while Hillary Clinton can safely mention Tennant by name and wish that she could vote for her**, actually stumping… well. You know how it gets during the last two weeks of an election cycle! Always busy, busy, busy…
    (Image via Shutterstock)
    Moe Lane (crosspost)
    *I reiterate. ‘Alleged.’
    **…Too easy. Far too easy. I have professional pride, thanks.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/10/19/w...paign=rsupdate
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Somebody at @TexasAFP has a truly VICIOUS sense of humor.

By: Moe Lane (Diary) | October 20th, 2014 at 08:00 PM | 4

I approve.

AFP - Texas @TexasAFP
    Follow

Get a head start by voting early this year! Early voting in Texas starts October 20th and ends October 31st.
    9:53 PM - 19 Oct 2014

Moe Lane (crosspost)

PS: It occurs to me that people who were never Democrats may not get the full effect of that poster. Trust me: the iconography and style is deliberately designed to send Commies and/or progressives into a frothing rage, which is why Americans for Prosperity did it – and why I’m posting it on the front page here. It really and truly is a calculated vicious insult, on a variety of levels…
    PPS: Let’s talk about early voting for a second, or just voting in general. I’d like to offer some practical advice, for those of my readers who might be worried about ground games. Take this advice or not, as you see fit.
    There are folks out there who are… worried… that the Democrats have this great, terrifying, and all-encompassing group out there dedicated to the ‘ground game,’ which is a phrase that many people intone without ever really thinking about. Basically, the belief is that there are hordes of robotic staffers out there who will work twenty hours a day to squeeze every possible Democratic voter that they can find into the ballot box. This will thus cause us to lose every race that we don’t have a twenty point lead going in, jump-start the End Times, and generally cause cats and dogs to live together. No, that’s what the mythology says. What the Democrats actually have is… Bob.
    Bob’s a guy. He’s a Democrat, but aside from that particular character flaw he’s an all right guy. Bob is involved in politics, a little; he doesn’t really like it or he’d be in a different position, but citizens are supposed to do civic stuff, and so he’s doing civic stuff. They have Bob going around and knocking on doors, or maybe he’s making phone calls. Bob is, again, not really into this sort of thing, but the person running the door-knocking and phone-banking is, and Bob thinks that that person is all right, so Bob goes along. Bob does a couple of shifts a week, and mentions how important it is to vote to his family and loved ones for precisely as much as they’ll let him, and that’s pretty much what Bob will do.
    Is this representative of the average Democratic volunteer? I don’t know, and it doesn’t matter. Focus. This isn’t about the average volunteer; this is about Bob. Keep focusing on Bob.
    But here’s the thing about this election: when it comes to GOTV and support, you, personally, don’t have to do better than the Democrats or the Bannock Street Project or the Secret Progressive Political Brownies: you just have to do better than Bob. Because Bob ain’t gonna recruit five hundred new Democratic voters all on his lonesome. If he could, they’d pay him. Bob is going to get… I’m going to say five people to vote who wouldn’t have done so otherwise. Again, I don’t know if that’s the average; and again, it doesn’t matter. What matters is, that if you really are concerned about the election in two weeks, then you go and get six people to vote against the Democrat*. If you do that, you’ve neutralized Bob. And that’s all that you need to worry about; neutralizing Bob.
    Shorter Moe Lane: don’t concentrate on the whole job. Concentrate on the part of the job right in front of you, and do it.
    *If you’re the sort of person who refuses to vote for the Republicans this cycle, then go get seven people to vote against the Democrat.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/10/20/e...icious-voting/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)