Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reply from Sen Feinstein on Calderon's visit

I contacted members of the senate concerning Mexican President Calderon's visit here in the U.S. Excuse my grammar and spelling. I am not as gifted as some of you are on composing letters. But here is mine and this is one of the responses I received.

MY LETTER TO SENATOR FEINSTEIN:

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE! How can our elected officials sit back and watch President Calderon and the 1st Lady of Mexico, tour our country, and interfere with our immigration policies, especially during the time of our election process?

President Calderon has made it his priority to visit several main cities, and
    deliver a speech to his illegal aliens immigrants, as well as some of OUR
    elected officials to discuss America's plans for immigration reform.

I also would like to know why President Bush and members of our representatives are giving 1.4 BILLION dollars to "stimulate" Mexico's economy! THIS IS OUR MONEY!

I am very disapointed and frustrated with our elected officials because
    apparently none of you care enough to tell President Calderon that he is
    completely out of line by interfering into America's policies and laws concerning illegal immigration.

A very disatisfied citizen,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SENATOR FEINSTEIN'S LETTER TO ME

Subject: U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to your message
    Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:03:15 +0000

Dear Mrs. :

Thank you for writing to me about remarks made by the President of Mexico,
    Felipe Calderón. I appreciate you taking the time to write and I welcome the
    opportunity to respond.

I share your concerns about some of the remarks made by President Calderón
    regarding the United States-Mexico border and issues related to illegal
    immigration. As you know, the United States' immigration policy is a topic of
    international interest which continues to draw comments from all over the globe.

Although I may disagree with his views, it is within President Calderón's rights
    to comment on U.S. policies that may affect his country. Should you continue to
    feel strongly, I suggest that you consider contacting his office directly to
    express your concerns at http://contacto.presidencia.gob.mx/en/.

Once again, thank you for writing on this important topic. If you have
    additional questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. staff at
    (202) 224-3841, or visit my website at http://feinstein.senate.gov . Best
    regards.

Sincerely yours,
    Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well now that was a "cop out" wasn't it. Feinstein basically said what we already know....our elected officials don't have the guts to stand up to the invasion....
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like that she posted a link to Calderon, which we should all hang on to and go comment

That's ridiculous, handing off the problem that a concerned US citizen has to a president of a different country? Is she for real? Completely and utterly ridiculous. How about she stand up and do the job she was elected to do instead of pandering to these IA and their president! Do none of these politicians know the difference between what is right and wrong anymore?

What a joke! She says if your still concerned you need to contact Calderon's Office!

Who the hell represents us, Feinstein or Calderon??? If that wasn't a "get lost" response, then I do not know what is.

Actually Butterbean, My faux response that I wrote last week was better than Feinstein's actual reply.

Atleast my response had the appearance of "concern."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We should all write calderone and demand he come get his MOD EDIT

[quote="caasduit"]I like that she posted a link to Calderon, which we should all hang on to and go comment[/quote]

Same here!!

Quite frankly, I was expecting something else entirely from her. Something along the lines of completely defending Calderon, gushing about how his visit and comments were vital to a continued relationship with Mexico, prosperity for citizens of both countries....blah, blah, blah.

So maybe the response wasn't exactly the scathing condemantion we'd have liked to have seen, but I really do think it was a departure of what we've all come to expect from her.

And, she did open the door for Calderon to get a good blistering from millions of enraged Americans instead of doing the opposite and protecting him.

Maybe you should supply copies of the letters to as many CA newspapers as possible as well as National newspapers such as the USA Today, etc. As US Citizens, we have the right to voice our opinion BUT maybe these people who are not upholding their oath of office need to be exposed.

I essentially got the same plain Jane letter from Herseth-Sandlin. I forwarded to the local paper but as of yet I am awaiting to receive a reply.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

while i agree calderon has a right to his opinions, as long as they are expressed only in mexico. i would be just as outraged if king jorge went uninvited to mexico and paraded around telling mexico to free their slaves and bring them home to mexico.... ok i would LMAO... but still be somewhat outraged... alittle.

as for feinstein maybe she was just deferring to her boss... calderon

Not that two wrongs make a right, our politicians routinely travel abroad and do just this type of crap.

So why wouldn't foreign nationals think it ok to do the same here?
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast