Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Republicans Don't Plan on Fixing Anything

Republicans Don't Plan on Fixing Anything

The Common Constitutionalist
    4 Hours Ago

The Republicans won the election. Everyone on the right is thrilled about being able to depose Harry Reid and stop Obama. Hooray for us!

Now, just two weeks later, an inevitable and all too predictable reality has set in. The Republicans have begun surrendering before the battle even starts.

Biz Pac Review reported of Trey Gowdy's (whom I mostly love), appearance on the Bill O'Reilly show Thursday. Gowdy said, "Impeaching the president is a really bad idea. Have you met Joe Biden?"

Well, no, Mr. Gowdy. I have not, and I understand that VP Biden has been demonstrably wrong about pretty much everything in his decades of public service. We get that he is a boob, but he's not Obama and he's not black. Gowdy claimed that Obama actually wants them (Congress) to pursue impeachment, but that he (Gowdy) won't be taking the bait.

Biz Pac's tagline for the article was "Damned if we do, and damned if we don't." If that's the case, which it is, why not just do the right thing? Whoever you think is going to hate and resent you will do so anyway.

Okay, so that's one option off the table. Now to Mitch McConnell, the uncontested new Imperial leader of the Senate (or soon to be). When asked, he once again reiterated, rather gruffly, that they will not be shutting down the federal government and defaulting on the national debt.

And there you go. Another viable option shot down and worse – with that definitive statement, he has boxed them in. There is no way to change their minds. Thanks Mitch!

And why is a shutdown not an option? Well, they got hammered so hard last time. Remember how terrible it was for Republicans during the last shutdown between October 1 and October 16, 2013?

It was a bloodbath – so much so that a mere 13 months later, the Republicans practically swept the 2014 elections. Wow – that's a heavy price to pay.

So why did we vote for these guys? They've given away the power of the purse, impeachment is off the table, and a shutdown is out of the question. Without these weapons, will someone please tell me how these guys are going to stop Obama?
    The answer is, of course, they won't; and, by destroying their own weapons, they can't.
    By witnessing this fiasco so far, the Republicans, at least the leadership, appear to be either imbecilic or corrupt – and I choose the latter.

To prove just that, Eric Erickson at RedState wrote that next week the House and Senate are going to attempt to bring back the defunct practice of earmarks. In other words, bribes – payola. Earmarks are "given by leadership to members of Congress as a form of bribery to induce those members to vote for much larger spending packages," writes Erickson.
    Erickson wrote that a source told him that "Boehner was firmly committed to keeping the earmarks ban…" I'm thinking I don't believe that. I'm thinking he's as underhanded as McConnell. But hey, at least the Republicans will soon be in charge, and that's really all that matters, right? You didn't really believe all that stop Obama jive, did you? Stupid voters (hat tip Jonathan Gruber).

So who's up for a fight? Sure, we have no arrows left in our quiver – our swords are dull and rusted and our powder is all wet – but come 2015, our side will be ready to battle!

Anyone want to buy a slightly used turnip truck we've recently fallen off?

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/11/re...yKubl6qyUjj.99

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY