Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A request for help

If this is against the forum rules, please let me know as no disrespect is meant.

When I was a single father, trying to get time with my daughter who had been yanked from my life, I joined a pro-fathers group. Now this group fought to get fathers EQUAL time with their children, not just wallets with weekends.

Something I learned from them, and that is, there is only one way to skin a cat. We were very,very successful in getting many laws changed. For instance, if a man is deployed in the military, a child cannot be removed more than 60 miles from the home, and no court actions can take place until he is back on american soil......sounds pretty common sense right ?

well, some people came back with no clue as to where their child had been taken, and had already lost in court because of failure to apper.

We changed these laws by mobilizing people like myself who had limited time on their hands, people like many of you who cared, but didnt have time to protest, or work with politicians.

Many timess, we faxed, e-mailed, and wrote letters repeatedly to elected officials. Multiple times we had their e-mail jammed up, fax machines jammed up so their offices were at a stand still

They called the truce because of this, and were willing to speak with us.......it does work

plus, there are many requirements that if you put on a letter,please " please respond", they legally have too, even if it is a form letter, it takes a while to send out a few thousand of these.

one thing about politicians, they dont like ot have to answer to their constituents, especially if its in writing, they would rather talk

The main thing is to make sure letters are well written, no profanity, and written in a civil manner, otherwise, they can dismiss you as a kook.

When glenn sacks was fighting for fathers rights, he had an online way of fax blasting, all you had to do was add your phone number and name (without it, it is tossed).

I bring this up, and again, I mean no disrespect to people who have been fighting illegal immigration in an organized way longer than me.

but, with all the reading, it doesnt appear we are attacking in an prganized fashion, it is great that information is getting out, but past experience had taught me that surgical strikes works very well.

If we try to do things on a large scale, all at once, it is overwhelming, but attacking one sanctuary city at a time, and winning by putting all the people resources in one area, you have na easier ability to set a precedent.

As others have said, now is the time for action, we need to really be heard before elections in november, and let the people running for office know in no uncertain terms, we are discussing their stances on illegal immigration

peace and respect

mark

Mark,

Please sign up for our e-mail alerts using the box on the left. ALIPAC is highly organized with lobbying campaigns to lawmakers and candidates using phones, faxes, emails, and letters combined with our national media profile and extensive information networks.

Once you are on our email alerts system for awhile you will get the hang of how our operations work.

The Discussion Groups area you are seeing here does include some of our top activists from around the nation, but these open source Internet boards are only one small facet of ALIPAC's national operations.

William Gheen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

long story short

anyways, the reasson for my long thread......we have a local city someone has already posted the story on, who is post-poning enforcing a day laboreer anti solicitation law.

we have to stop this, the illegals are already getting many precedents set that benefit them, because no one will challange them in court, when this is done, we end up with our hands tied.

If we can hit the elected officials with letters,e-mails and such.......we might be able to start pushing them our way. While I cant take credit for what has been started, I can copy and paste and help out.

here is the original story

http://www.ocregister.com/news/day-2371 ... orers.html

here is the message we need to get across ( written by another member)

"I just want to express my disappointment in reading the article in the Orange Count Registers newspaper, stating that you have decided to issue a moratorium on your anti solicitation rule towards day laborers.

This is a travesty that you would allow an organization such as the ACLU and the illegal immigration support groups to push you around as they did. I do realize that the reason given is that you are waiting to hear on the case out of Redondo Beach, but as a LEGAL citzen of this country why should I have to endure the harassment brought upon me or anyone else when wanting to spend my money in establishments in your city.

Do you not care about your citizens, that actually pay taxes to this state and your city. The message that I as well as many others have received is that no you do not. I have no choice but to boycott spending any money in your city as well I must also encourage all contact our have to boycott your city as well, until we can be assured that you will stand behind your city ordinance that you have had in place and has made a lot of LEGAL citizens happy."

also, this information

Write your Congressman/woman and request that they support HR-2406, the CLEAR Act. This bill will:

* Recognition of the inherent authority of states and localities to enforce immigration law;
    * Improved information sharing between state and local governments and the federal government;
    * A mandate for the federal government to expeditiously remove criminal aliens being detained by states and localities; and
    * Increased federal resources for local governments that choose to assist in immigration enforcement.

Increased Federal Funding to Local Governments would probably be enough to get more cities to start assisting with the removal of Illegal Aliens from within their City borders.

The Mayor and the Mayor Pro-Tem's email addresses are:

amansoor@ci.costa-mesa.ca.us
    wleece@ci.costa-mesa.ca.us

Drop them a line, and mention HR-2406 the CLEAR Act.

Write your Congressman:

http://www.house.gov/

again, if I am out of line asking people to do this, no harm meant

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Mark,

Please sign up for our e-mail alerts using the box on the left. ALIPAC is highly organized with lobbying campaigns to lawmakers and candidates using phones, faxes, emails, and letters combined with our national media profile and extensive information networks.

Once you are on our email alerts system for awhile you will get the hang of how our operations work.

The Discussion Groups area you are seeing here does include some of our top activists from around the nation, but these open source Internet boards are only one small facet of ALIPAC's national operations.

William Gheen
    thank you, I do wish to help more, I get notified on threads, is there another e-mail alert part I missed ?

I may not have all the time in the world, but I can do well written letters when called to action.

as they say, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem, so just let me know what I can do

edited.....answered my own question, I am signed up for it, thank you