Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Response from Harry Reid

It is obvious that he did not hear a word I said.

Thank you for contacting me to express your views about Senate legislation to reform our immigration system. I appreciate hearing from you, and understand your concerns about this complicated issue.

Our current immigration system is broken and in need of repair. Nearly everyone agrees that immigration is one of the most pressing issues facing our nation, but we are often divided on the most appropriate way to address this problem. In forming my opinions on this issue, I have traveled to the border and had extensive conversations with many of the leading experts in the field. I have also met with state and local officials in Nevada to hear their ideas on the best way to reform our immigration system.

Based upon this work, I believe reform must be comprehensive. It should not only strengthen our borders, but should also make our laws more realistic so that they can be more effectively enforced. Immigration reform must be tough, fair to taxpayers, and practical to implement. Most experts agree that it would be impractical and prohibitively expensive to deport the millions of illegal immigrants who are already in our country. Many immigrants who have come to our country legally have expressed concern that the current bureaucracy, which can lead to delays and backlogs of up to 20 years, presents a serious disincentive to follow legal channels for immigration.

As you know, the Senate recently considered a comprehensive immigration reform measure, S. 1639. Unfortunately, on June 28, 2007, opponents of the measure blocked the bill from coming up for a vote. I am deeply disappointed that the Senate was unable to enact legislation that would have strengthened border security, put in place an effective and efficient employer verification system, designed a new worker program to take pressure off the border, and brought undocumented immigrants out of the shadows. Instead, by doing nothing, our country is left with the same problems that have plagued our broken immigration system for years.

As I continue my work on this issue, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me on how best to address this problem.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

HARRY REID
    United States Senator

I have to keep calling and e-mailing him until he gets it.

Our system is broken because these jerks will not enforce the laws !!!!

I had to e-mail him again and I made it very simple.

NO KIND OF AMNESTY.
    SEND THEM HOME (with their anchor babies who will be welcome by mexico as citizens)BY ATTRITION AND REPLACE THEM WITH LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
    REPEAL THE 14TH AMENDMENT.

I am getting damn sick of hearing about the immigration laws being broken.

I have been sending a LOT of emails asking the question........

IF THE LAWS ARE BROKEN, WHY DID CONGRESS VOTE TO PASS THEM AND WHY DID A PRESIDENT SIGN THEM INTO LAW?

SINCE 1986 THERE HAS BEEN 20 YEARS OF CONGRESSIONAL MEMBERS KNOWING THE LAWS WERE BROKEN AND DOING NOTHING?????

THERE HAS BEEN 20 YEARS OF PRESIDENTS KNOWING THE LAWS WERE BROKEN AND DOING NOTHING?

THERE HAS BEEN 20 YEARS OF NON-ENFORCEMENT OF LAWS. WHY? HAS THE EXCUSE BEEN EACH YEAR THAT THE LAWS WERE BROKEN?

BY 1987 OR 1986, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN FULLY AWARE "IF THE LAWS WERE BROKEN." WHY WOULD THEY STILL BE BROKEN IN 2007?

HOW MANY MEMBERS OF CONGRESS WERE IN OFFICE IN 1986 THAT ARE STILL IN OFFICE?????????????????

Unfortunately, on June 28, 2007, opponents of the measure blocked the bill from coming up for a vote.
    This is a flat-out lie. They did no such thing.

What they did do was prevent Harry and his gang of criminals from forcing through a bill with little or no debate, and no chance to amend it.

How is it that people like Harry end up with so much power in America?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

understand your concerns about this complicated issue.

The ONLY reason it is "complicated"...IS BECAUSE STUPID SOBs LIKE REID & KENNEDY MAKE IT COMPLICATED!!!!
    Good God....My 10 year old son understands what needs to be done.
    DOES THAT TELL THE VOTERS OF THESE 2 STATES SOMETHING?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

You really have to wonder if people like Reid and Bush actually have all their marbles. I watch their faces closely when they are speaking and I question their sanity.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl369
    I am getting damn sick of hearing about the immigration laws being broken.

?[/b]
    I'm sick of hearing, "we cannot round them up, put them on busses and deport them." If the laws were enforced they would leave and if the will was there they could be rounded up and deported. There is nothing this country is not able to do but enforce our immigration laws.