Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rohrabacher on Dobbs: Ramos/Compean House hearings July 31

DOBBS:. Imprisoned former Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean will finally -- finally have a Congressional hearing on their prosecution. Senate and House committees will hold hearings on their prosecution. The Senate hearings will begin next week, led by Senator Dianne Feinstein. Former Agents Ramos and Compean have spent now 167 days in prison for shooting and wounding an illegal alien drug smuggler given immunity to testify by those agents by the Justice Department.

A hundred members of the Congress, 95 Republicans and only five Democrats, cosponsoring Congressman Duncan Hunter's legislation calling for a Congressional pardon for these agents.

One of the agents' top supporters is Congressman Dana Rohrabacher of California.

He joins us here tonight. Congressman, good to have you with us.

REP. DANA RORHABACHER (R), CALIFORNIA:. Thank you.

DOBBS:. You have got to be -- well, I would hope -- gratified, if not outright thrilled that at least the Senate is moving on -- in an investigation, a hearing, of their prosecution.

RORHABACHER:. Well, I'm very happy that not only the Senate is moving, but Senator Feinstein is a Democrat leader in the Senate and we have had just a little bit of help from the Democrats -- Bart Gordon from Tennessee and a few other Democrats. Most of the people acting in this have been Republicans.

But now that Senator Feinstein is joining up, I think out of a sincere concern for justice in this case, this gives a great deal of momentum to the case of Ramos and Compean.

DOBBS:. The House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee that you sit on will also be holding hearings on the 31st of this month, correct?

RORHABACHER:. That's correct. We will be holding hearings on the 31st. And I understand that the prosecutor, Mr. Sutton, has agreed to go to Senator Feinstein's hearing.

DOBBS:. Correct.

RORHABACHER:. We invited him to our hearing. Although he's been on television spouting off and smearing the two Border Patrol agents, we haven't received word yet whether he's willing to come and testify under oath to our hearing on the 31st.

DOBBS:. Well, I'm pleased to tell you, Congressman, that U.S. Attorney, Johnny Sutton, the prosecutor of this case, has agreed to be on our broadcast Tuesday evening. So we'll inquire as to --

RORHABACHER:. Well, I hope he --

DOBBS:. -- as to what his plans are on the 31st of July.

RORHABACHER:. Well, I hope -- I hope that you'll hold him accountable. Do we -- what we have here --

DOBBS:. We tend to do that here, Congressman.

RORHABACHER:. Yes, you do.

But I'll tell you, this -- we have a -- we have a prosecutor out smearing these two people. We have -- he's saying over and over again that they shot an unarmed man in the back who is -- and lied about it. And the fact is, we don't know if this man was unarmed. And this wasn't a man, this was a drug dealer who was in the process of smuggling drugs into our country. They didn't shoot him in the back, which has been indicated by the report on the wound that the man received.

So I want to know why Mr. Sutton is lying about these two Border Patrol agents, calling them corrupt.

Anyway, I'm upset by this guy's conduct as a prosecutor.

DOBBS:. Well, there's another aspect of this that your committee and, obviously, the Judiciary Committee, next Tuesday on -- that Senator Feinstein will be leading. There's another important question and that's why federal officials, including the inspector general of the Department of Homeland Security, lied to members of Congress about these men and about the -- and their records and what they did and what they said.

It's remarkable. And Democrats and Republicans alike substantiated the lies of the inspector general.

RORHABACHER:. We need to put people on the record answering why that sort of thing happened in this case. We also need to know, if it was not important that they lie about this, who were they responding to?

Our hearing on the 31st will focus mainly on whether Mexico, as a government, is having an undue influence on our decisions to prosecute people, especially those people who are securing our borders. And we're going to delve into that. We need serious answers. And let me note, this administration has stonewalled all of our requests to try to track down what type of communications that the Mexican government had in determining whether these two men should be prosecuted.

DOBBS:. And we appreciate your being here, Congressman.

And we look forward to your hearing and the -- Senator Feinstein's hearing. It begins -- the Judiciary Committee's hearing begins Tuesday.

We will be there.

And we thank you for being here tonight.

RORHABACHER:. Thank you, Lou.

All the patriots in this country ought to be grateful to you for making sure we're focusing on Ramos and Compean and their terrible situation.

DOBBS:. Well, thank you, sir.

And we appreciate everything you're doing for them. And I know their families are deeply grateful.

Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, thank you.

Tancredo/Rorhabacher '08
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I read where this hearing is starting next Tuesday, July 17th. Did they change the date??

led by Senator Dianne Feinstein.
    These guys don't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer
    I read where this hearing is starting next Tuesday, July 17th. Did they change the date??
    the senate hearing is next tuesday at 10AM eastern time.
    this is the house hearing that will happen exactly two weeks later

"The Senate Committee on the Judiciary will be holding a hearing to examine the prosecution of Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean on Tuesday, July 17 beginning at 10 a.m.

The hearing will be held in Room 226 of the Senate Dirksen Office Building, and is open to the public."

Coverage of the hearing will be broadcast on C-SPAN.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Quote Originally Posted by DinTN
    "The Senate Committee on the Judiciary will be holding a hearing to examine the prosecution of Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean on Tuesday, July 17 beginning at 10 a.m.

The hearing will be held in Room 226 of the Senate Dirksen Office Building, and is open to the public."

Coverage of the hearing will be broadcast on C-SPAN.

ON C-Span........ Oh Boy.. i cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by MelvinPainter
    led by Senator Dianne Feinstein.
    These guys don't have a chance.
    Not sure if you're aware of this, but DiFi has a couple of times arranged for Monica Ramos and her dad Joe Loya to visit with Nacho at the prison.

We need to send some positive vibes over to the Senate Office Building on Tuesday morning. Well, since they need so much, maybe we should start doing this now!

what i would like to see is ramos and compean either in person or on closed curcuit TV to be able to discuss things too

program alert for monday the 16th

while listening to Joe Loya on Roger Hedgecock show he says he will be on Fox news at 3PM Eastern, 2 Central, which means Studio B with Shepherd Smith. Loya will be on with Sutton at the same time.

he also says that andy ramirez has said he has no money to take the trip to DC. the attorney for Ramos, mary stillenger said she had to have 5000 dollars up front to testify. as of right now, the only person who will be testifying for the agents will be T J Bonner..