Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Mitt Romney is better on illegal immigration than Mike Huckabee.
    This week.
    no

for the last 4 years
    Mike Huckabee was governor of a very conservative state. He went against his own party and a majority of the people living in his state when he supported in-state tuition for illegal aliens and driver licenses for illegal aliens. He made a special effort to support illegal aliens.

Mitt Romney was governor of possibly the most liberal state in the country, yet he had the courage to go against liberals in his state and veto in-state tuition for illegal aliens and opposed driver licenses for illegal aliens.

Re: Romney is better on immigration than Huckabee

This week.
    no

for the last 4 years
    From what I read here http://www.betterimmigration.com/can...ez08_gop1.html

And, from what I've heard him say --> He just seems to be talking tough right now. I don't think he's a true believer. I believe Tancredo and Hunter were true believers. If they're not true believers I believe they'll break your heart AFTER they get your vote.

The people in Iowa are all over the place----even on the Dem sites!!

They go from supporting Obama or Edwards, to supporting McCain if their candidate does not have a high enough percentage in Iowa or if Hillary wins the nomination!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned

This week.
    no

for the last 4 years

And, from what I've heard him say --> He just seems to be talking tough right now. I don't think he's a true believer. I believe Tancredo and Hunter were true believers. If they're not true believers I believe they'll break your heart AFTER they get your vote.
    Tough right now?

So he was faking it going against drivers licenses and in state tuition a few years back?

Undecided

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    The people in Iowa are all over the place----even on the Dem sites!!

They go from supporting Obama or Edwards, to supporting McCain if Hillary wins the nomination!!!
    McCain is deadly in 3rd place. Both he and Huckabee have the potential to pull a few liberal voters.

Romney

This week.
    no

for the last 4 years

Tough right now?

So he was faking it going against drivers licenses and in state tuition a few years back?
    He definitely was not faking it. Mitt Romney strongly opposed in-state tuition for illegal aliens and strongly opposed driver licences for illegal aliens.

Immigration taking prominent role in '08 elections

Roberto1
    [-] wrote on Jan 1, 2008 10:46 PM:
    When our new President Clinton gets in office i'm sure she will do the right this and deal with illegal immigration in a logical, realistic and compassionate manner. Thanks to all you phobies for splitting the vote and making this scenario possible.
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/01 ... _31_07.txt

This week.
    no

for the last 4 years

Tough right now?

During his tenure, at least four Massachusetts cities enacted or renewed legislation declaring themselves sanctuaries for illegal immigrants. Brookline and Cambridge reaffirmed their longtime status as sanctuary cities in so many words. Somerville and Orleans didn't officially deem themselves "sanctuaries," but Somerville affirmed its "long-standing policies in support of all immigrants," while Orleans forbade city officials from turning in illegal immigrants without probable cause.

http://www.factcheck.org/tough_guy_on_immigration.html

Check out what he said back in 2005, in an interview with editors and writers at the Globe. Romney opined at the time that it would not be "practical or economic for the country" to deport all illegal immigrants, and here's what he had to say about the citizenship-pathway proposals being offered at the time by President Bush and McCain:

"They require people signing up for, registering and receiving, if you will, a number, a registration number, then working here for six years and paying taxes, not taking benefits — health, Medicaid, food stamps — and so on, not taking benefits, and then at the end of that period, registering to become a citizen or applying to become a citizen and paying a fee. And those are things that are being considered. I think those are reasonable proposals."

http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/election...al_immigration

Now, perhaps you've convinced yourself that even with the immigration report card, his turning a blind eye in his own backyard in Massachusetts, and listening to even his own words, that he's ALWAYS been solid on immigration issues --> but, I can only go on the facts. It isn't what I believe. I believe both HIS and Huckabee's stances on illegal immigration have been spotty AKA less than impressive.

I believe Tancredo and Hunter's records were impressive. If looking at strictly illegal immigration, I believe even Thompson's record looks better if you don't squint too close.

Now, I may end up voting for Romney, if he ends up being the best we can get out of this field of candidates. But, it won't be with the belief that we will have acquired the BEST candidate for the job of taking care of illegal immigration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12