Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Romney Writes Off Hispanic Voters In Selecting Paul Ryan for Ticket

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman View Post
    It is arguable because in both cases their parents were born in other countries (Rubio's in Cuba and Jindal's in India). Jindal was born in the US, Rubio I am not sure. But a lot of people are arguing that the term 'natural born citizen' means to be born on US soil and both parents must be citizens. In Rubio's case I do not believe his parents had achieved citizenship at the time of his birth. The same might apply to Jindal. However, since no one in government wants to challenge Obama's citizenship (and as far as I am concerned, his credentials are a lot more dubious than either Rubio or Jindal's) I do not think there would be a successful legal challenge to either Rubio or Jindal. However, the Democrats, unlike the wishy washy GOP. would have no hesitation to use it as a demonizing tactic to divert attention away from Obama's obvious faults, failures, and nation-destroying agenda.
    Dude, what you stated is an Orly Taitz/Chelene Nightingale caliber assertion. That position is completely unsupported by any jurisprudence from a federal court and pretty much the type of nonsense I'd expect read on an InfoWars web page.

They were both born in the United States and are U.S. citizens. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Where does he state that? Please post where he states that he is pro gay.
    ------------------------------------------

It was in one of Ryan's acceptance speeches last week. The comment was to the effect that he welcomed everyone, including gays. If I find the article, I'll post it.

Was it a slip on Ryan's part?
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by SZinWestLA View Post
    Dude, what you stated is an Orly Taitz/Chelene Nightingale caliber assertion. That position is completely unsupported by any jurisprudence from a federal court and pretty much the type of nonsense I'd expect read on an InfoWars web page.

They were both born in the United States and are U.S. citizens. Period.
    SZ, I suggest that you spend some time reading the thread "Obama's Eligibility Questioned". Born in the U.S. to U.S. citizen parents is the definition of NBC according to most that have studied this subject. There is a reason that the constitution requires a higher standard for potus and vp, Natural Born Citizen, versus Citizen for other positions in the government. By your definition, illegal alien parents can cross into the U.S., have a baby on U.S. soil and that baby is eligible for potus. Simply not true.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME View Post
    ------------------------------------------

It was in one of Ryan's acceptance speeches last week. The comment was to the effect that he welcomed everyone, including gays. If I find the article, I'll post it.

Was it a slip on Ryan's part?
    Nothing wrong with welcoming all Americans. His past comments and voting record very strongly suggest that he does not support the gay agenda.

I think the following should suffice to clear up any confusion:

Excerpt :

"According to a breakdown of Ryan's voting record from OnTheIssues.org , Ryan has voted against marriage equality time and time again, both by voting "yes" on a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage and by constitutionally defining marriage as between a man and a woman in his state of Wisconsin and in the United States. He's also dismissed the issue of marriage equality to media with statements like, "I don't know why we are spending all this time talking about this."

Ryan also voted against the repeal of the military's discriminatory "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy last year. He does not support the rights of same-sex couples to adopt kids -- somewhere he and Romney disagree . He voted against the Matthew Shepard Act, legislation that now protects LGBT people from hate crimes. Ryan's one saving grace among LGBT rights issues is his vote in favor of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act , which would protect people from workplace discrimination based on their sexual orientation, but even here he and Romney disagree."

Source: Paul Ryan's Sad Gay Rights Voting Record - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Romney Writes Off Hispanic Voters In Selecting Paul Ryan for Ticket
    I think that this headline is misleading. Not all American of Hispanic decent citizens that can legally vote are on the amnesty wagon for illegals. Romney may not be trying to secure the foreign vote that shouldn't be considered anyway.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BTT - Ryan is singing a different tune now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123