Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney's Ratings As Good As Ron Paul?

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here with this topic but I need
    to know if the information I am posting around on the internet is accurate,
    I am a little surprised that Romney's record in office is rated similarly to
    Ron Paul's?

If true great news, as I am getting a little worried about RP's chances, but
    I believe Romney was running a sanctuary state -

See Full Ratings

Banned
    Self edited for being a dork

I didn't read the column the rating was for

Says it's updated Jan 17th 2008?

Banned
    Actually Romneys record in office is probably better in what he
    has actually done

As Gov he stopped drivers licenses and instate tuition for illegals
    and partnered Ice to work with Mass state police in arresting illegals

As I understand NumbersUSA critiquing factors and Romney's (and Paul's) records (and I'm not trying to step on your toes usanevada... )...
    One of the areas where they receive perhaps more criticism than Hunter is in the of area of allowing in foreign/guest workers eg - legal immigration.

With the obligatory disclaimer that a foreign person on a Temporary Work Visa is NOT an immigrant - although later, some do try to pursue the legal PR track, others 'go home', and another large group simply overstays their visas and many of those continue to work - albeit - all illegally.

So, this part of [ostensibly] legal immigration, is on it's face just what it claims - legal. However, in practice, it is a soft spot in our immigration law that goes wanting for lack of enforcement and accurate management perennially year after year after year etc. Remember: approx 40%-45% of all persons illegally present in the US initially entered on some sort of legal visa (tourist, student, work visa, etc).

In the larger immigration debate, there is a lot of mixed and heated feelings about: the efficiency of the system, the [supposed] need for guest/temporary workers, the skilled visa system, enforcement/lack of enforcement, etc. - however, IMHO, the fact that mass legal immigration is basically out of control (not managed 'properly', if at all!), I believe a strong argument to reign in and properly control the people entering under legal pretenses is badly needing attention.

The record of Paul and Romney on the above is where the differentiation between themselves and Hunter really appear. They are more lenient on this aspect of immigration policy (in fact, I believe I had heard a quote or two from Romney himself - a 'soundbyte' whereby he was calling for an increase in H-1b visas; a policy which many on our side find unjustified and almost always, very unpalatable...). This is an aspect of Romney and Paul previous record that is being watched quite carefully by many of us. I believe it, when I see it.

...Disclaimer: all the above is based on my sometimes faulty memory, and is IMHO as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul wants to clarify the 14th amendment and stop giving citizenship to Anchor Babies.To me that is HUGH and no other canidate has said they will work toward ending this terrible mis-interpretation of the 14th.

Now what will be posted after this is the President can't do this and to them I will say yes the President can do a lot to get this terrible injustice to the US citizens changed.Anyway wouldn't you rather have a President that will push this then have one who won't ?

Ron Paul is still a viable canidate so don't give up on him.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Mitt Romney did not have a sanctuary state. If I am wrong please let me know.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    As I understand NumbersUSA critiquing factors and Romney's (and Paul's) records (and I'm not trying to step on your toes usanevada... )...
    One of the areas where they receive perhaps more criticism than Hunter is in the of area of allowing in foreign/guest workers eg - legal immigration.

With the obligatory disclaimer that a foreign person on a Temporary Work Visa is NOT an immigrant - although later, some do try to pursue the legal PR track, others 'go home', and another large group simply overstays their visas and many of those continue to work - albeit - all illegally.

So, this part of [ostensibly] legal immigration, is on it's face just what it claims - legal. However, in practice, it is a soft spot in our immigration law that goes wanting for lack of enforcement and accurate management perennially year after year after year etc. Remember: approx 40%-45% of all persons illegally present in the US initially entered on some sort of legal visa (tourist, student, work visa, etc).

In the larger immigration debate, there is a lot of mixed and heated feelings about: the efficiency of the system, the [supposed] need for guest/temporary workers, the skilled visa system, enforcement/lack of enforcement, etc. - however, IMHO, the fact that mass legal immigration is basically out of control (not managed 'properly', if at all!), I believe a strong argument to reign in and properly control the people entering under legal pretenses is badly needing attention.

The record of Paul and Romney on the above is where the differentiation between themselves and Hunter really appear. They are more lenient on this aspect of immigration policy (in fact, I believe I had heard a quote or two from Romney himself - a 'soundbyte' whereby he was calling for an increase in H-1b visas; a policy which many on our side find unjustified and almost always, very unpalatable...). This is an aspect of Romney and Paul previous record that is being watched quite carefully by many of us. I believe it, when I see it.

...Disclaimer: all the above is based on my sometimes faulty memory, and is IMHO as well.
    I think this falls into the realm and gray area of "legal immigration" , I know Romney is weak on the H1bs , but you can look at it both ways ,
    If we had a very small amount of illegal immigration it might make sense , After all when you consider Einstein, Tesla and Von Braun were all legal immigrants I sure wouldn't stand in the way of getting another one or 2 of this kind of immigrant , But I suppose the numbers would matter also ,
    Businesses hiring "cheap" legal immigrants on h1 visas should really be looked at

Many are still here sitting on expired Visa's and feel they have the right to stay. Those people should be the first rounded up if they can find them.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Lol at McCain's "abysmal."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast