Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ron Paul confirms U.S. empire will suddenly collapse like Soviet Union did

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Ron Paul confirms U.S. empire will suddenly collapse like Soviet Union did

Friday, October 18, 2013

Ron Paul confirms U.S. empire will suddenly collapse like Soviet Union did

by: J. D. Heyes

Former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul doesn't seen a rosy future ahead for the United States. In fact, he sees a repeat of recent history - though not U.S. history - on the horizon.

In an interview with radio host Alex Jones, of InfoWars, Paul - who is a physician by trade and has recently launched his own radio and television network - said he sees the "bust coming soon."

"They're (Washington collectively) not going to work their way out of it, so it's just (all) going to collapse," he said. "Let's just keep working on the fact that, when we get around to rebuilding this whole entire system, that we do it the way it was intended originally, and actually improve upon it."

Less government, more freedom

Continuing, Paul said, "I think the concept of liberty has advanced even since the time of the founders, but we've regressed so desperately far from what they intended... I think we should anticipate that, you know, in the future, in the next several years, you're going to see a big, big collapse, and then we have to talk about what kind of a monetary policy, why we need to bring our troops home, why we have to quit expanding the deficit every day, and raising these debt limits, planning on total, socialized medicine - that all has to end, and it's going to end because it's going to fail. I think we should anticipate that, and look at it as an opportunity..."

He added, "Less government and more freedom is what we need."

Jones noted that many people believe the U.S. is headed for history's dustbin and that the country is currently in a death spiral, of sorts. Only question now, he says, is when - and how it will happen.

"It's hard to predict the timing," Paul said, "but I think I agree with the assessment that it will end... I look at it like a building standing [with] no foundation. It's sort of sitting there and wobbling, but it hasn't crashed, and I think it will, because you know, the financial system is so unstable, it's totally based on debt, and confidence in the dollar and confidence in the [Federal Reserve], that they'll always print the right amount of money and they'll always keep the interest rates right, and they'll always bail out everybody that needs bailed out - which I think is a total hoax..."

Paul says that the "big event could occur next week, it could occur in five years from now," but especially whenever the dollar is no longer credible as a reserve - or primary - currency.

The physician-lawmaker also said recent polling showing a distinct lack of trust by the American people in their government was "a good thing."

"Because that means that now they'll quit believing the government," he told Jones. "I mean, they don't trust the government, they don't believe the government, the government always lies to them... whether its foreign policy or domestic policy."

'We're probably about in 1987...'

He referenced recent testimony by the nation's spy chiefs, in which they appear to have lied about the actual number of terrorist plots thwarted by the NSA's massive theft of Americans' phone data, as well as the existence of the program in the first place.

Paul said "the system" we live in "was always assumed to be much healthier than it is today."

"But," he continued, "just think how quickly the Soviet system disappeared. I think that was the greatest miracle, or event at least, in the twentieth century" that nobody saw coming.

"You know, the day before, the month before, the year before, if someone would have said, 'Oh, you know, next year,' the Soviet system would be gone, everybody would have considered that person nuts. But it was fragile, and it fell apart, and quickly, and thank goodness we didn't have to have a nuclear war in order to get rid of the Soviet system.

"We're probably in 1987, where the Soviets were in '87, in two years they were gone," he said.

Sources:

http://www.infowars.com

http://www.ronpaulchannel.com

http://cnsnews.com

SOURCE

http://a-sheep-no-more.blogspot.com/...pire-will.html

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Freedoms In US Continue To Erode Rapidly; Capital Controls Are Coming Next

By Joseph R. Carducci on October 17, 2013 Subscribe to Joseph R. Carducci's Feed

As someone who truly loves America, it is very difficult for me to write this article. I remember what this country was like in my youth. I remember going to school and being able to play cops and robbers during recess and making my hand into the shape of the gun was not a ‘political’ statement or a ‘terrorist’ threat like many (if not most) school districts feel it is today. We used to have real freedom. Now, we cannot even send an email or make a phone call without our communications being tracked by the NSA and probably several dozen other government agencies.
    There are reports that seem to occur at least weekly regarding some police force or over-zealous government employee abusing their power on ordinary citizens for no reason…and getting away with it because our new ‘interpretations’ of laws. We are about to give the government the authority to literally take over about one-fifth of the economy through ObamaCare, yet less than 40 percent of the public actually supports this law. Not to mention that we are drowning in debt and our elected officials engage in endless and useless political theater over whether or to give Congress the authority to borrow even more money that we have no intention or plan of ever repaying.
    Yes, our country is in trouble. And, yes, very often the road to tyranny is indeed paved with good intentions. Personally, whenever I hear about the formation of a new government agency, or am told that something is being done for my own ‘protection’ I tend to run away as fast as possible. Take the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) for example. This agency has decided that they want to help retail banks in the US ‘protect’ their customers regarding international wire transfers.
    By ‘help’ I think they really mean prohibit, but you can be the judge of this. What is happening is this: under the facade of consumer safety and security, several banks are limiting their retail customers’ abilities to send international wire transfers. Chase will begin limiting cash withdrawals and even banning business customers outright from sending international wire transfers starting November 17th. Beginning on October 20th, HSBC USA Premier clients will have a five day waiting period before transferring funds to their OWN international accounts. And that five-day waiting period is a minimum, while the bank examines the transaction. Also, remember that this is for customers simply moving money between their own accounts!
    While this is amazing, it is essentially the beginning of capital controls in the United States. The free flow of capital across borders is starting. The authorities realize that with the economic problems the US is having, there is a strong possibility that it will lead to a decline in the value of the dollar, which could affect banks having enough money to lend and politicians being able to run up their debts as high as they want. Capital controls are a way to force you and I to keep our money locked up inside the US, denominated in dollars that are declining in value.

Throughout history, we see this lesson repeated over and over. Desperate governments will do whatever it takes to hold on to ‘their’ assets. This includes capital controls, plunder, confiscation, and the destruction of liberty. Who among us can honestly say that they have not seen the destruction of liberty over the last 20 or even 10 years?
    These new regulations about moving money is just the first step of what is to come. Initially, the rules will just be a nuisance and besides most people might not ever think about moving money outside of the dollar. But they will become more and more stringent. And make no mistake, the US government is broke. We do not collect enough tax revenue to pay for mandatory entitlements (which neither party will have the guts to even consider cutting or eliminating) and interest on the debt.
    I ask you, are these the signs of a wealthy nation? Are these the signs of a country whose economy is the envy of the world? The only thing that allows this farce to continue is the fact that the US dollar is considered to be the world’s reserve currency and that many internationally traded commodities are priced only in dollars. I strongly believe that eventually this system will come crashing down unless we get our financial house in order.
    Here’s an interesting video that talks a bit more about capital controls and even offers an interesting perspective on the government shut down, debt ceiling, and our overall situation:

What do YOU think? Have you considered that capital controls may be coming? Do you see the general decline in the level of freedom and privacy in this country? What do you think about the government mortgaging our future and the future of our children in order to continue paying out entitlements?

http://downtrend.com/jrc410/freedoms...e-coming-next/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

October 18, 2013

On Thursday, the United States debt spiked $328 billion, setting a new record. Our debt has now officially surpassed $17 trillion.

The previous high of $238 billion was set two years ago.
    The Washington Times reports that the sudden increase can be attributed to the government’s “replenishing its stock of ‘extraordinary measures’ - federal funds it borrowed from over the last five months as it tried to avoid bumping into the debt ceiling.”
    Since May, the federal debt barely increased, staying right around $16.7 trillion. But Congress’s recent deal, which went into effect on Wednesday, completely suspended the government’s borrowing limit.
    When the debt ceiling increased on Wednesday, the Treasury Department was subsequently able to refund pensions and programs that had been unfunded since May.

The government can now borrow as much money as it needs to until February 7 (the deadline set by Congress).
    During the government shutdown, House Republicans fought to attach some limits to the debt increase, but eventually gave in and accepted the Senate’s deal. Not one spending cut was included in that deal.
    Democrats argued that the “clean” debt ceiling suspension does not encourage out-of-control spending.
    It may not encourage sky-high spending, but it certainly allows for it.
    Your thoughts on the rising debt? Tell us in the comment section below.

(Visited 2,562 times, 2,562 visits today)
    Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter

http://benswann.com/us-debt-jumps-a-...r-17-trillion/