Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rush: Licenses for Illegals Will Happen

Licenses for Illegals Will Happen

November 19, 2007

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to go back and revisit the New York controversy of Governor Spitzer, the driver's licenses for illegal aliens. Yesterday, the Washington Post, in an editorial, spelled out exactly how this is going to end up happening. "Listen to the fumblings and bumblings of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, two otherwise canny and articulate senators, and you can hear a pair of candidates who probably know that granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants is smart public policy." It is? It is not "smart public policy." It's not smart any policy! When you give a legal document to an illegal person, you have made them legal and you have made the legal document irrelevant. Smart public policy? So the Washington Post assumes that Hillary and Obama know what's gotta happen here. It's smart policy, but it's not smart politics.

"Both Mr. Obama, who supports the idea, and Ms. Clinton, who now says she does not, have come in for derision by seeming to straddle an issue that is becoming a surrogate for the broader, unresolved problem of illegal immigration. ... A report prepared for the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety gives a sobering assessment of those consequences. The report, based on data collected in the 1990s, says that unlicensed drivers are almost five times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than drivers with valid licenses and that 20 percent of all fatal accidents involve at least one driver without a valid license. Such drivers are also more likely to operate vehicles under the influence of alcohol." So what? None of this matters. I don't see how you can make the connection here. You mean if you give 'em a driver's license, they're going to stop drinking while they drive? If you give 'em a driver's license, they're going to stop being in accidents?

So the Democrats want to reward this illegal and bad behavior by giving them US identification and the ability to vote -- which is what this is all about. Never, ever forget that. Unlicensed drivers are almost five times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash? So? How is giving them the driver's licenses going to magically make 'em a better driver? Are these people driving around without licenses when they see the bubble gum lights in the rearview mirror? Do they speed up or something and, you know, running away from the law? Because that's probably what it is. That's what we'll be told. "Yes, these people live in total fear, Mr. Limbaugh, because they know people like you want to kick 'em out of country, and so when they get in a little traffic scrape and here come the cops in the back window, they speed up and have accidents. It's all your fault, Mr. Limbaugh, people like you."

It's probably what they think.

Now, the pull quote line from the Washington Post's editorial: "Illegal immigrants will continue to drive regardless of posturing by politicians. The important question is whether they will do so safely." Now, somebody needs to help me out. I don't think you need to go get driver's ed or training to get a license, do you? Maybe a little test here, but it's a driving test. You parallel park. Most have these little sensors; it will parallel park for you. Mine does. (interruption) There's no parallel parking in Florida? Well, no wonder the 9/11 hijackers were able to get driver's licenses here, then. Nine of them had them. It might have been 11. They "will continue to drive regardless of posturing by politicians. The important question is whether they will do so safely," as though granting them the driver's license automatically improves their ability to handle a car.

END TRANSCRIPT

www.rushlimbaugh.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

People, even illegal alliens, do what works to get what they want. They have driven without a license and without insurance for a long time. They will continue to do so unless they see some other benefit in getting the license and insurance.

Those that do get a license, only need to actually have the proof of insurance when they have to appear in court for driving without proof. They will buy it, show it, cancel it. Happens now anyhow.

Insurance is not cheap. Explain how these workers, that are supposedly so bad off financially, are going to afford it.

This is not about making roads safer, it is about the other benefits of having a legal drivers license and being legitimized. About making it easier to promote yourself as legal.

1. Break the law by coming here
    2. Use our social services and bankrupt our cities
    3. Break the law by driving without a license
    4. Break the law by driving without insurace

5. REWARDED FOR BREAKING THE LAW MANY TIMES OVER!

Wow. Makes alot of sense.

Why?
    1. City makes revenue by issuing licenses
    2. City makes money by registering vehichles
    3. insurance companies make money
    4. etc.. etc..

what a damn sham. When did our country get hijacked?

Alright, it's getting late and my reading comprehension level has dropped, but where in the above transcript does it say licenses for illegals "will happen" ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Alright, it's getting late and my reading comprehension level has dropped, but where in the above transcript does it say licenses for illegals "will happen" ?
    I thought the same thing Populist!

Misleading headline for whatever reason.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    The subject heading is a bit confusing, but I think it refers to this excerpt:

So the Washington Post assumes that Hillary and Obama know what's gotta happen here. It's smart policy, but it's not smart politics.
    The Washington Post editorial board evidently thinks that issuing driver's licenses to illegal aliens will become part of the political discussion once public sentiment opposed to illegal immigration subsides-which simply demonstrates how tone deaf WaPo's editors are-but I don't see an implication that this issue is going to be revived in the near future.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I think Rush is wrong. Sometimes I wish that he would just shut up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rush did not say that!

It's a misleading title, which I don't even think was printed on his official website.

Go back and look over the actual transcript of his monologue posted above.

Illegals will still drive with or without a license. They broke the law to get here, they will continue to break laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Potts
    Illegals will still drive with or without a license. They broke the law to get here, they will continue to break laws.
    A lot will-since, as you stated, they don't care about the law in the first place-but some will use bikes-as they do in Long Island-in order to commute to work simply because it lessens the heat they might get from LEOs if they get into a car accident. For me any inducement to get more wreckless, illegals on the road is dangerous. But from a broader perspective the Spitzer proposal was even more dangerous, since driver's licenses are breeder documents-just ask the people who gave them to the 9/11 hijackers. The head of the DMV over here admitted publicly that they could be used to acquire a pistol license!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast