Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rush Limbaugh: Untrustworthy Obama Stacks Audiences W/Hecklers as Obamacare Hurts His

Untrustworthy Obama Stacks Audiences with Hecklers as Obamacare Debacle Hurts His Polls

November 26, 2013BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: The Health Care Stack just keeps growing and growing and growing. The Obama poll numbers continue to plummet, and now Wolf Blitzer is officially concerned at CNN, finally addressed the poll numbers. Obama is now stacking his personal appearances with hecklers. A lot of people are making a big deal about the heckler in San Francisco at Obama's immigration rally or appearance. Somebody wrote the script for the heckler, and it allowed Obama to portray the Limbaugh Theorem, "Yeah, I agree with you, I'm trying to fix it. I'm working with Congress, but, you know, I just can't make law any time I want to."
    Well, what's stopping you all of a sudden? You've been making law ever since you became president. The Health Care Stack includes a new discovery that the unions have been exempted from a bunch of Obamacare fees. It just keeps adding up. I mean, no matter what it just keeps piling on.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: All right. Here you go. CNN, the ORC poll. Now, we had our first mention of this yesterday: "Democrats Lose 2014 Edge Following Obamacare Uproar." Now, you may have seen this story with a different headline. The other headline is, "Republican Odds in 2014 Vastly Improved." I'll tell you what's shaping up here. Let's say this holds. I mean, a hypothetical. What we're looking at is a 2010 repeat. But let's get into the details here first. However you want to look at this.

The CNN headline is, "Democrats Lose 2014 Edge Following Obamacare Uproar." As I say, there's some other headlines that say, "Republicans Winning Big in 2014 Based on Latest Polling Data." "What a difference a month makes," they say a CNN. "A new CNN/ORC International poll indicates a dramatic turnaround in the battle for control of Congress in next year's midterm elections. Democrats a month ago held a 50%-42% advantage among registered voters in a generic ballot, which asked respondents to choose between a Democrat or Republican," but not a name. For those of you in Rio Linda, generic means there's no name. Just party affiliation was the only question.
    Now, normally Democrats win the generic ballot going away. For the Republicans to be up 50-42 in the generic congressional ballot, that's huge when compared to standard operating procedure. "That result came after congressional Republicans appeared to overplay their hand --" we're talking about the 50-42 advantage Democrats had.
    Just a month ago, if you'll recall, everybody in the media was running around, half the Republicans were running around, "Well, Cruz, you blew it! Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, you Tea Party people, you're killing us! You're destroying the Republican Party. You're building people up for something that can't happen. There's no way Obamacare is gonna go away. There's no way it's gonna be defunded. You're getting people all jailed up thinking we can get rid of this, and we can't. You're misleading them. You're destroying the Republican Party, and you're simply guaranteeing the Republicans will lose the House and continue to lose the Senate."
    That was a month ago. All of that, you remember it, was a month ago. It was written back then that the congressional Republicans had overplayed their hand in the government shutdown about the debt ceiling and Obamacare. However, that Democrat lead has disappeared. The new CNN poll has the Republicans now up, it's a statistical tie. It's 49-47, Republican win, but the turnaround, or the switch, the reversal here, the size of it is what is amazing. The Democrats, the bottom has fallen out of them and the Republicans have gained a whopping seven points. It's a 10 point swing, and it follows political uproar over Obamacare, which included the botched rollout of the website, controversy over insurance policy cancellations, and all of that.
    Now, here's the other headline. "Good News for Republicans in 2014 Midterms." That's The Politico story. This is the way they headline the same details in the CNN poll. Just for the fun of it, let's go to the audio sound bites and let's listen to CNN's Wolf Blitzer. This is last night on The Situation Room. Wolf Blitzer speaking with Gloria Borger.

BLITZER: Some disturbing poll numbers, Gloria, for the president today. Our new CNN/ORC poll asked an opinion of the president right now. Look at how it's collapsed, 12 points since May. Can he manage government, 52% said "yes" in May. Forty percent said "yes" right now. That's a pretty disturbing number.
    RUSH: Oh, it's a disturbing number. I mean, it's not nearly the way they covered George Bush's plummeting number, but they're now concerned over there at CNN and they're now fretting. I just want to make the point again. This drop in all of these numbers, likability, trust factor, competence, all of that, job approval, all of that has plummeted, and none of it has happened because it's artificial, meaning the media hasn't driven these numbers down. There hasn't been robust, around-the-clock criticism of Obama in the media. He owns it. The bottom is falling out of all of his poll numbers because of him.
    Now, in the case of George W. Bush, the media drove him down to 36%. It took 'em four years to do it, too. So Wolf is right to be concerned, because in this case, you know, the old adage, "If the media makes you, they can break you." Well, the media pretty much thinks they made Obama. Obama thinks he made himself. So they think they can save him. That's what bothers them. It's not just that the bottom is falling out. It is also the realization that they may not be able to do anything about it because it has happened while they have been doing everything they can to prop him up and prevent this very thing from happening. And yet it has. And we all know why.
    I can't emphasize this enough, folks. This lie that was told for years is deeply personal, and what it has done, as each day goes by, I am more inclined to agree with the caller we had last week, that now it is finally unacceptable for average people to start expressing their dissatisfaction with Obama. Now they're not afraid of being called racists or bigots or whatever else. Her point was that people have felt this way for a long time about Obama, that they've just been afraid to say so. Now, this lie was so personal, and it was so consistent, and it was told with such certitude that there is real betrayal being felt now. And the Drive-Bys are aware of this, and I think they're very, very worried that they will not be able to rescue Obama, because they haven't been able to prevent this. Here's Gloria Borger reacting to Blitzer.

BORGER: Look, the two most important bonds between the president and the public are trust and competency. If you look at that 40% number, that's a competency number. We also have numbers that show that only 46% of the public thinks that he's honest. And so those are real problems. However, you might have said the same things about Bill Clinton. You might have been able to say the same things about Ronald Reagan in the second term. So somehow those presidents managed to resurrect themselves, so let's not write off this president just yet.
    RUSH: See, they think they can bring him back. They think they can bring him back, just like they brought Clinton back and what is this? They throw Reagan in there? You know, it's a reference to Iran-Contra. Reagan's base never left him. You know, there's so much revisionist history going on. Look, if this is the result of Republicans overplaying their hand, they maybe should try it more often. But I actually don't think this has anything to do with the Republicans. I think that headline is sort of misleading where it says: "Good News for Republicans on 2014 --" Yeah, it may be, but not because of anything they've done. Two or three Republicans. But let's be honest. There was a large number of Republicans that were doing everything they could while this was all going on to prevent this from happening.
    I mean, it's like 2010. The Tea Party came to life, and Democrats were shellacked in a landslide, midterm election. There wasn't one Republican issue on the ballot, and there wasn't one Republican on the ballot. It was the midterms. There was no single individual people were voting for. There was not a campaign theme. What happened in 2010 was people arose over Obamacare and over the debt and said "no." And the Republicans even then didn't attempt to connect with that group of people. Even then they didn't try to form an alliance with 'em. Even though they got scared of 'em. And so it's happening here again, four years later, almost an exact replay, except this one has even deeper roots, because this is not just people rising up in opposition to policy and debt. This is people rising up personally against Obama. And that's deep. Those roots are deep.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    Here's Dave in Cincinnati as we start on the phones, and I'm glad you called, sir. Great to have you.
    CALLER: It's a pleasure to talk with you, Rush. And if my voice is shaking, I apologize. I'm a little nervous.
    RUSH: Well, you know, my voice sounds like I'm shaking today, too. Something in the audio here, so that's cool, we're on the same page.
    CALLER: Good. Well, I just wanted to tell everybody, happy Thanksgiving, and this Thanksgiving our families are experiencing the little lie from Obama and Obamacare, approximately 10 million people losing their health care. But next year it's the big lie, where the small and medium size companies are gonna dump all of their care, and there will be a hundred million people, Rush, without care.
    RUSH: You know what the total number could be next year? The total number next year could approach 160 million people.
    CALLER: Yeah.
    RUSH: Who will either be thrown off their company policy, or --
    CALLER: Right.
    RUSH: -- have their policies cancelled in one way or the other.
    CALLER: So this is the little lie. Wait 'til the big one. And then what do we do? What do our families do? What do our physicians do?
    RUSH: Well, I don't know, but I'll tell you what I expect Obama to do when this happens, and that is blame the Republicans, blame small and large businesses and blame the insurance companies and then offer, "You know what, we can clean all this up by just having everybody go to the government and get their insurance."
    CALLER: And everything else. And that's not what it's about. This is not an opportunity for Republicans or for Democrats. It's a crisis for Americans. It's for all of us, Rush.
    RUSH: Damn right it is.
    CALLER: And I appreciate speaking with you. I really do. Happy Thanksgiving.

RUSH: I'm glad you called. Folks, let me tell you something. There are 80 million policies, a hundred million people 'cause there are more than one person on most policies. So you got 80 million policies that are gonna be cancelled because like he said, some small and large businesses are just gonna off-load their coverage to these exchanges, and so you could end up here with a sum total of 160 million people who are going to learn next year that their insurance no longer exists, and the replacement is gonna cost much more and the deductible is gonna be much higher.
    As I mentioned at the top of the program, every day I have a Health Care Stack here that is huge. The daily details of what is happening here are overwhelming and it is proof positive why Obama's numbers are falling. This is all very real. There is nothing artificial here in Obama's falling numbers. There's nothing unreal about it. It's all very real 'cause everybody now ends up being a citizen of Realville, where, of course, I am the mayor.
    I have a story here by Gallup by their head honcho, a guy named Frank Newport. "Americans' Views of Healthcare Quality, Cost, and Coverage." This story from Gallup is amazing. This story almost warrants being read from front to back. Every finding in this Gallup story goes against what we have had drummed into us by Obama and the media for the last six years, everything. Every result in this Gallup on story, which is a reporting of several polls, every result supports what we have been saying for years.
    Most people are and have been very happy with the current health care system. Most people are very happy with their insurance. Do you realize the bill of goods that everybody's been sold? Everybody has been sold a bill of goods that the health care some is broken. And while a lot of people were made to believe that it is, it wasn't for them. It's kind of like the analogy that -- actually it isn't an analogy, it's actually truthful. The Democrats and the media when reporting a bad economy, when it's actually not bad, the way they make it work, they continually report bad economic news. This is how they did it during the Bush years. They reported the economy was rotten in certain sectors, employment was going down, unemployment was rising, cost of living going up.

Now, most people were not experiencing that. But they heard it reported, so they figured it was happening to somebody. So they agreed when pollsters asked them if they thought the economy was in trouble. It wasn't. Well, it's the same thing that happened here at insurance. I mean, this Gallup story's profound. Nobody, statistically nobody, there was not -- let me put it this way. There was not a massive national problem with health care in America. Seventy percent of the American people were happy with the American health care system. They were happy with their health care plan. They were happy and satisfied with their insurance. They were happy and satisfied with their coverage and their treatment. Seventy percent.
    Obama and the Democrats and the media for decades have been attacking the health care system and trying to make you, even though you're satisfied with yours, believe the system is broken because others are not happy and others are being cheated and others are not being treated and others don't have insurance and other people are paying through the nose. They guilt-tripped you into believing that the health care system was broken. And then they close the loop they lied to you, and they told you, "Okay, if you like yours, you can keep it." Why did they lie? Because they knew 70% of the American people were satisfied, and yet they wanted control of it.
    They wanted to take it over and reform it. Well, how to do that when 70% like it? Well, you've gotta convince them that it's broken for everybody else. This story, it's flat-out amazing. Then the details on cancellations and stuff that follow, when you stop and think about it, it is outright maddening what has happened here. And if it had happened in the private sector, there would be prosecutions on fraud and you name it. This is just simply outrageous what has taken place here.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    Here's Bobby in Charlotte, North Carolina. Hey, Bobby. I'm glad you called. It's great to have you on the program, sir. Hi.
    CALLER: Hey, Rush. I've just gotta tell you, I love you. You're my hero. I refer to you as a professor. I just love what you're doing. Thank God you're here. I was calling because you started talking about something I had thought about before, and that was the fact that Obama's numbers are so low, and he didn't have the press that brought him there. He did it himself. I'd go further than that. He not only... The press didn't bring him there. He got there in spite of the press.
    And I think, you know, when you hear that recording, that sound bite you played before -- and I don't know who the reporter was, and she said let's see how this plays out. It's indicative of the strategy that the media uses. They pretty much... They don't worry, they don't panic when something becomes exposed on some type of fraud or scandal, because they realize all they have to do is wait for another one to come by, and then they can distract everybody.
    RUSH: Yeah, this reporter... You're talking about Gloria Borger, and she was saying, "Well, let's wait, Wolf, and see how this plays out." What that means is, "Don't panic yet, Wolf. We still may be able to save Obama by destroying the Republicans or building Obama back up." She was trying to reassure Wolf, "Don't worry. We haven't given up." The problem for them is, they had nothing to do with this. They tried to stop this from happening. They could not prevent Obama's plummet in the polls. That is the salient point.

END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...urts_his_polls
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)