Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Methinks you missed the point, Skipp.

Banned
    skipp wrote:
    I am totally against this illegal invasion, I would love to see mass deportation. I just think it's self righteous to ask God to help.
    America has always been a beacon of hope to the world. If America goes so does all the freedom and liberty she stands for and I think the world will be a pretty bleak and hopeless place without her. So I don't think it wrong to pray for this country and all of its freedom loving people at all!!!

Skipp,

I have been praying for our country for many years. I'm sure others have as well. This is only one situation of the many ills facing this country.

Without delving too deeply into the subject on this particular forum, I'll try to explain my interpretation.

This great country was founded on a belief in God
    - God has abundantly blessed

There has always been good and bad in this country
    - God continued to bless through the prayers of the faithful

God was removed from public schools
    - Schools began to experience violence, etc.

God has increasingly been removed or diminished
    - There is rampant crime, immorality, an invasion threatening our very survival, many other ills

My prayers are not directed at Mexicans or anyone in particular who has entered our country illegally. I pray that God will save our country from destruction, a destruction which may be the result of our turning away from him, which is contrary to His will. The problem with illegal immigration is only one of many ills for which I pray. However, it is currently the most critical. If we fail, our country will cease to exist as the great leader of the world. It will become another Third World country, with two classes...the wealthy and the poor. Yes, I will continue to pray that God will not permit that to become a reality.

I hope that offers a little clarification.

People that are leaving their country and claiming that they have to come to America to "survive" or for "a better life" lack faith or they are not Christian.

God will provide for you.

Quite frankly, if they are in America illegally, they are breaking several of the Commandments. They are not obedient servants of God.

I don't know how churches can encourage sin. They should be concerned about the souls and be teaching them to have faith.

Sometimes, there is a big difference between the word of God and the advice and guidence from minister.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie I agree with you. When I see churches protecting people who have broken our laws. I know that they are violating.

Chapter 13
    Christians Should Obey the Law

1 All of you must yield to the government rulers. No one rules unless God has given him the power to rule, and no one rules now without that power from God.

2 So those who are against the government are really against what God has commanded. And they will bring punishment on themselves.

3 Those who do right do not have to fear the rulers; only those who do wrong fear them. Do you want to be unafraid of the rulers? Then do what is right, and they will praise you.

4 The ruler is God's servant to help you. But if you do wrong, then be afraid. He has the power to punish; he is God's servant to punish those who do wrong.

5 So you must yield to the government, not only because you might be punished, but because you know it is right.

Romans 13:1-5 (NCV)

With saying this, we have government leaders who will not enforce or obey the laws on the books. It's scary but we've voted these people into office.

My prayer is:

1 The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes
    Prov 21:1 (NASB77)

Pray for our leaders hearts to turned toward the American Citizen and toward enforcing laws before any changes be made at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123