Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Sessions' Got the Floor

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Senator Sessions is saying the American people do not trust Congress. He's got that right.
    That's right.

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

Reid just presented Sessions with a deal. He's reading it now. I'm not sure what's in it yet.
    I think the "deal" relates to debate time on amendments. Reid wanted to keep the debates short and sweet, but Sen. Sessions is having none of it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If this bill is dropped, I'll guarentee you there will be mobs of these people in the streets, angry because they ddin't get what they want. Maybe that's a good thing.

But then special interest will attack the House and I have already started thinking about that. I called Congressman Sali's office this morning in Washington and they are emailing me a copy of the Flake/Guiterrez bill which from what I hear is just as bad.

Can't let those buggers get the drop on us.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reid is speaking. He can't seem to get amendments on the floor.

Asking for consent to vote on five amendments.

Republicans want more time for amendments, the other side wants to push it through.

Who's going to win this fight?

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reid is trying to appease both sides, but will it work?

DeMint is not happy.

Looks like another food fight.

DeMint wants to confer with his colleagues.

Reid is arguing his case. He will keep trying to allow more amendments. I'll bet Kennedy is pushing him to get this bill ready for vote.

We are waiting for Senators to speak.

I've been trying to get Sessions for more than 3 hours. FINALLY just got through. I told the staffer how much I appreciated his calm, quiet demeanor while he took control of the Floor. I also told her how thankful I was to have Sessions on the side of the U.S. Citizens.

I told her that I especially loved that southern accent of his and how he said so much with his expressions without cursing his opponent....southern style. Oh the staffer had a good chuckle over that and said she was certainly going to pass that comment on to him because he would love it.

Remember to thank Sessions for all he is doing! He is an outspoken gentleman, holding his own for all of us, while not swaying at all.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Carper's on the floor

Carper's talking like they are going to continue, but we haven't heard from the republicans yet.

Carper's talking about employer sanctions, how hardly none have been punished since 1986.

He thinks the illegals should stay here on probationary status.

He also thinks we should enforce our laws.

Now he's talking about border patrol.

Actually I think he's just trying to stall while the other rockheads come to a decision.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast