Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SIGN THE ACORN PETITION TO PRESIDENT OBAMA NOW!

Tell President Obama to Cut Off ACORN Now!

The House of Representatives yesterday passed a Republican amendment to cut ACORN off from federal funds yesterday. And, as you'll recall, the Senate did the same just a few days earlier.

But, despite these votes, ACORN still remains eligible for billions of your tax dollars!

Both votes to defund ACORN were amendments to different bills and still have far to go before they reach the President's pen for signature into law. And, don't think that the Democrats won't try to strip the ACORN language from whatever bill finally makes it to the White House! These votes were their cover. They think that you'll be fooled into thinking that they've heard your outrage and are abandoning their good buddy, ACORN.

But, I know that you know better!

Republicans will continue to amend anything and everything with this language. But, there is one way that we can immediately cut ACORN off from all federal programs and funding, and it's going to take all of us pressuring President Obama to use the federal suspension and debarment process to make it happen.

This process is coordinated by the Office of Management and Budget at the White House. Here's what the executive branch says about the process:

"The Government debarment and suspension procedures are intended to prevent poor performance, waste, fraud and abuse in Federal procurement and nonprocurement actions. Debarment or suspension of an organization, business or individual from doing business with the Federal government is not meant to be a punishment, but a procedure to ensure that federally funded business is conducted legally with responsible persons."

Sounds to me like there is ample evidence against ACORN to initiate and execute this process, cutting them off from funding altogether!

I've already written the Administration to ask that the process be invoked. But, it's going to take pressure from you, too. So, please sign my petition to President Obama and ask all your friends to do so, too BY CLICKING ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!

It seems that every time ACORN makes the headlines, it's for scandalous activities and criminal investigations. As if the investigations, indictments, and consent decrees related criminal voter registration fraud activities in more than a dozen states wasn't enough, recent videos show ACORN employees in three cities giving advice to a couple for evading tax laws and getting federal grants to establish a prostitution ring.

Enough is enough!

Since 1994, ACORN has received more than $53 million in direct federal funding. And, bills passed this year could give ACORN access to as much as $10 billion more.

Democrats in Congress are finally wising up, voting overwhelmingly to stem the flow of your tax dollars to ACORN. The Census Bureau even severed its ties with ACORN for the 2010 Census. And, governors are cutting ACORN off in their states. But, President Obama has the power to stop ACORN from getting any more money NOW.

For months, I have fought to cut ACORN off from any more tax money. Using your money is a privilege and their repeated violations of the law and public trust mean they haven't earned that privilege. I have introduced legislation, offered amendments, and written letters to the IRS, the Census Bureau, the Speaker of the House, the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development -- to anyone who could take action to stop this travesty!

It is time for President Obama to step up to his fiduciary duties to you, the taxpayer, and immediately suspend and bar ACORN from any federal programs or funding.

I urge you to sign this petition and join me in the fight to protect your tax dollars from being used and abused.

--Rep. Michele Bachmann

President Obama, I urge you to immediately suspend all federal agencies from doing business with ACORN and using our hard-earned tax dollars to perpetuate their scandalous work. The Senate voted overwhelmingly to cut off ACORN. The House voted overwhelmingly to cut off ACORN. And, now individual states are taking this action as well. We want to know when you will use the authority you have to suspend and bar ACORN from federal funding.

Paid for by Bachmann for Congress

Sign the petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop ... index.html

Has MIckey Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto, the Dallas Cowboys offensive front line and Rudolph the Red Nosed Rain Deer already signed?
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)