Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is a slap in the face.

This is a slap in the face.
    To Every American that has been the victim of a crime
    Committed by an illegal immigrant, to every border patrol
    Agent who has risk there life to stop every thing from drugs to prostitutions to slave trading how many of you really think a fence is the answer.
    Who in the world can bring these yes politicians to impeachment and then put them on trial for treason and send them to prison for life???

By my count, 24/49 GOP Senators, half the Republicans in the Senate, voted for cloture on "comprehensive immigration reform." And people wonder why I say "conservatives" are gutless cowards.

Well, I guess they told us what they think of our opinion.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus
    By my count, 24/49 GOP Senators, half the Republicans in the Senate, voted for cloture on "comprehensive immigration reform." And people wonder why I say "conservatives" are gutless cowards.
    How do you come up with "Republicans in the Senate" = conservatives?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    How do you come up with "Republicans in the Senate" = conservatives?
    To my knowledge, all the GOP Senators who voted in for cloture describe themselves as "conservatives." For that matter, so does George W. Bush.

To my knowledge, all the GOP Senators who voted in for cloture describe themselves as "conservatives." For that matter, so does George W. Bush
    Well, you could describe yourself as a genius, but that doesn't make it so.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

"Conservatives" have always prostituted themselves to the big business. The GOP has always been first and foremost the party of business — the party of the Robber Barons — as far back as the Lincoln administration. Even the conservative icon Ronald Reagan gave us the 1986 IRCA amnesty. Bush Sr. gave us the Immigration Act of 1990. If Bush gets his amnesty, he will become the third Republican president in twenty years to preside over a dramatic liberalization of American immigration law. 3 for 3. Doesn't that tell you something? When are you people going to take the hint? No one has betrayed you. "Conservatism" is and always has been a scam — a little Jesus talk here, a few tough words about "illegal aliens" there — just enough, but nothing more, to give you an incentive to vote into power a business friendly majority in Congress.

I like how George 1 lobbied Congress for capital gains tax reduction in the middle of his term, and the Repulicans gave it to him. Those savings were supposed to go to R&D and new jobs. Instead, all Bush did was give big business a way to pocket those profits made from those cuts. The one thing I cannot stand about the Republicans is their history of fiscal conservatism. That is until the current bush grew into the hedge!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W.'s priorities clearly show who calls the shots in the GOP. He will go to the wall for tax cuts, bankruptcy reform, the prescription drug legislation, social security reform, free trade, comprehensive immigration reform, Iraq. What happened to the federal marriage amendment? His opposition to affirmative action? Judges?

If anyone noticed, there was a vote about labor unions immediately prior to the vote on "comprehensive immigration reform" today. On screwing over the unions, Republicans held together, and cloture was defeated. On comprehensive immigration reform, also about screwing over the working class, cloture succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus
    "Conservatives" have always prostituted themselves to the big business. The GOP has always been first and foremost the party of business — the party of the Robber Barons — as far back as the Lincoln administration. Even the conservative icon Ronald Reagan gave us the 1986 IRCA amnesty. Bush Sr. gave us the Immigration Act of 1990. If Bush gets his amnesty, he will become the third Republican president in twenty years to preside over a dramatic liberalization of American immigration law. 3 for 3. Doesn't that tell you something? When are you people going to take the hint? No one has betrayed you. "Conservatism" is and always has been a scam — a little Jesus talk here, a few tough words about "illegal aliens" there — just enough, but nothing more, to give you an incentive to vote into power a business friendly majority in Congress.
    And the excuse for almost ALL the Democrats voting for this AMNESTY bill is...???
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast