Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Stop Caving on Immigration, 2016 Contenders

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    They would do well to emphasize the need for enforcement first. Ted Cruz, to his credit, has done this, and Scott Walker is moving in that direction. “First and foremost, you’ve got to secure that border, or none of these plans make sense,” Walker said on Fox News Sunday last weekend, noting that he has made opposition to amnesty “a firm position” because of “the way this president has handled the issue.”
    I'm not certain why people whose business it is to pay attention to policy making have such difficulty telling it like it is.

1. The Repub leadership has associated itself with big money donors who want even more surplus labor. They've made this association, secure in the knowledge that if they should lose an election, they'll get a cushy advisor's job.

2. Securing the border first ranks right up there with winning The War on Drugs; it's a delusion. That border is too long to ever be completely sealed. Fortunately, we can shut off the jobs magnet for pennies on the enforcement dollar by simply enacting Universal E-Verify. The jobs magnet is responsible for most illegals who sneak into the United States. Just shut off the magnet and American jobs will be very much more secure.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Quote Originally Posted by United States First View Post
    Citizenship is just something slick Lawyers like Cruz use to cloud the issue. Here is Cruz's position Legal Status Yes and work Permits Yes which is Amnesty Period, both things Illegals stole. Add to that MASSIVE increases in Legal Immigration equals insanity.
    In his, "The Audacity of Hope," then-Senator Barack Obama wrote, “The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century,” Obama noted. “If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole.... it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net.”

Which makes 'Bama's executive amnesty even more disgusting.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

MW
    There is an important candidate you forgot, Rick Santorum he has the best position and understanding for decades of any candidate on the Immigration issue Period. See the article http://www.bloombergview.com/article...ion-non-debate

Santorum on Illegal Immigration: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...3381AB50E23E7E

Go to 18 min in this link and listen to Santorum on legal Immigration: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...DB148C885F6F71
    I agree with you on Santorum. I have used his name before when describing possible candidates. The only reason I didn't use it this time is because I was just responding to the names listed in the article.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Cruz is Pro Amnesty and Pro Open Borders period. Citizenship has nothing to do with Amnesty, it is only an added Incentive that Illegal Aliens have not stolen so thus you can't be given Amnesty by not being given the fruits of a crime you never committed, i.e. Citizenship.
    Citizenship is just something slick Lawyers like Cruz use to cloud the issue. Here is Cruz's position Legal Status Yes and work Permits Yes which is Amnesty Period, both things Illegals stole. Add to that MASSIVE increases in Legal Immigration equals insanity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpWD0xtN3r4
    Wow, thank for bring this video to my attention. Looks like Cruz is all for bringing in tons of workers to take American jobs! He's talking about increasing H-1B visa workers X 5 and doubling legal immigration. Well, the video you showed me removes him from an extremely small list of viable candidates.

So what do we have now, Santorum and Jindal? That certainly isn't a much of a list. We needs some new blood to step up ... and soon! I like Santorum a lot, I just have concerns with his campaign gaining traction. I like Jindal less than Santorum, but I don't see his campaign gaining much traction either.

We need a Sen. Sessions or former Sen. DeMint desparately! Does anyone remember the former congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA)? I loved that guy and certainly wouldn't mind seeing him give it another shot.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We do not have a candidate for 2016, yet. We will though, but not from the list of folks tossing their names in the hat at this time. I predict it will be a dark horse, from out of the blue, that will shock and awe with common sense, intelligence and an unwavering loyalty to the American People. They will want to stop illegal immigration, deport illegal aliens, reduce or stop legal immigration until this is all sorted out, helps states and local law enforcement use their existing resources to enforce US immigration law, deny all public benefits that can be denied to illegal aliens, visa holders and green cards (until after they've been here working for at least 6 years), stops all drivers licenses and ID cards for illegal aliens, and halts/reduces private transactions with illegal aliens that enable them to conduct business and reside here. There are other issues that are important as well, such as the FairTax which I would like to see passed, too, and if not before 2016, then hopefully a FairTax President could help push this one forward. But the number one issue is stopping illegal immigration and curtailing this massive excessive legal immigration.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    We do not have a candidate for 2016, yet. We will though, but not from the list of folks tossing their names in the hat at this time. I predict it will be a dark horse, from out of the blue, that will shock and awe with common sense, intelligence and an unwavering loyalty to the American People. They will want to stop illegal immigration, deport illegal aliens, reduce or stop legal immigration until this is all sorted out, helps states and local law enforcement use their existing resources to enforce US immigration law, deny all public benefits that can be denied to illegal aliens, visa holders and green cards (until after they've been here working for at least 6 years), stops all drivers licenses and ID cards for illegal aliens, and halts/reduces private transactions with illegal aliens that enable them to conduct business and reside here. There are other issues that are important as well, such as the FairTax which I would like to see passed, too, and if not before 2016, then hopefully a FairTax President could help push this one forward. But the number one issue is stopping illegal immigration and curtailing this massive excessive legal immigration.
    Regardless of who the President of the U.S. is, the fair tax issue is DOA (thank goodness).

I hope someone new does come forward. However, that isn't necessarily something we can hang our hat on. There is plenty of time left, so I'm not going to start losing sleep over it just yet. What do you have against Rick Santorum?

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Regardless of who the President of the U.S. is, the fair tax issue is DOA (thank goodness).

I hope someone new does come forward. However, that isn't necessarily something we can hang our hat on. There is plenty of time left, so I'm not going to start losing sleep over it just yet. What do you have against Rick Santorum?
    Santorum wants to get rid of the income tax and repeal the 16th Amendment, so I like that. Maybe Santorum will become one of the FairTax Presidential candidates in 2016 like Ted Cruz, who was a co-sponsor of the FairTax in the US Senate last year, he hasn't signed up yet for this session. If they would both pull back on their expansion of legal immigration and face the fact that we already have too many immigrants and aliens in the United States, then these 2 will have a lot of appeal to a lot of mainstream Republicans who want to stop illegal immigration and pass the FairTax. And with all that's coming out now about how many legal immigrants have been entering the US causing Americans to be fired and replaced with them, maybe they will both wake up and change their position on expanded fast-tracked legal immigration. If they want to run for President, they'll have to because the cats out of the bag on both illegal and excess legal immigration.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/2...id-of-the-irs/

Rick Santorum became the latest Republican to call for the repeal of the Sixteenth Amendment in light of the ongoing IRS controversy. “We have to get rid of this income tax — that is the source of the problem — and do something to replace it,” the former Pennsylvania senator said on Fox News over the weekend.

Santorum called the agency “hopeless” and “inherently corrupt” and warned that its role in Obamacare’s implementation will make matters even worse. “It’s hopeless because we’ve given enormous power to the government over every single person in America,” he said.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-06-2015 at 11:04 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12