Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We don't need to privatize the job of Houseing and Urban Development.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is a transparency in Government issue!

When I searched the Libary of Congress using Thomas Server, this is the response I received:

The text of H.R.1999 has not yet been received from GPO

Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress from the Government Printing Office a day or two after they are introduced on the floor of the House or Senate. Delays can occur when there are a large number of bills to prepare or when a very large bill has to be printed.
    Source: http://thomas.loc.gov/ Bill Search by number.

Note: 4/23/2007--Introduced and still no text. Wonder why.

Write your Representative in the House.
    www.house.gov

Use Find Your Rep and wirte them.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Stop La Raza Funding H.R. 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    I know we are all busy right now, but if you have alittle time ,Please write your congressman and tell him to Vote NO on H.R.1999 Thanks-Reciprocity.
    THIS IS GOING TO BE A TOUGH ONE -- La Raza (The Race) is one of those groups that have acquired a lot of juice in Washington. I will start with with our Congrressmen from Southern Calfiornia who have been real profiles in courage, Duncan Hunter, Dana Rohrabacher, Ed Royce, etc.

In case you needed any further motivation to take these guys on -- here is a reminder from the Bad Old Days when the Grand Bargainers did their dirty deed....

La Raza' has virtual veto over bill
    Controversial group 'practically in the room' during negotiations

May 18, 2007

Controversial Latino groups, including the National Council of La Raza, were granted virtual veto power over the immigration bill hammered out yesterday by Senate Republicans, Democrats and the White House, the Washington Post reported.

A number of prominent Republicans have rejected the bill – which still has not been issued in its final form – as "amnesty" for millions of people who came to the U.S. illegally.

The National Council of La Raza, or "The Race," was condemned last year by Rep. Charles Norwood, R-Ga., as a radical "pro-illegal immigration lobbying organization that supports racist groups calling for the secession of the western United States as a Hispanic-only homeland."

Regarding the new bill, Eric Gutierrez, lead lobbyist for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, or MALDEF, told the Post there's "a real sense that the Latino community is key to the solution in this debate, so now they are reaching out to us more than ever."

"Neither party wants to make a misstep politically," he said.

The Washington Post reported the Latino groups "were practically in the room" as Democratic and Republican senators negotiated the bill, which would grant quick legal status to millions of illegal immigrants and create a temporary worker program.

wow.. this group has more power than many of the Senators.. hmmm, why is this?

I will send a snail mail letter to my rep and call later.

bttt

Here's another thread this was discussed on:
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ncil++raza
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have a lot of threads re this subject but I'll add another because this article shows many who help fund this organization.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ncil++raza
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We're going to need some media attention on this also to educate the public, im going to write Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Hannity, Mark Levin and others.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

We've got our work cut out. I just discovered that the former President & CEO of La Raza is a member of the SPP/NAU Task Force! Check out the list on page 4 of Urgent! Help Needed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast