Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Struggle for immigration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Struggle for immigration

Letter to the editor, Lebanon ,PA.

Struggle for immigration

UPDATED: 09/29/2013 10:31:31 PM EDT
    Editor:

So much has been in the news lately about reforming immigration laws for illegal immigrants. My son-in-law started the process to legally come to the United States to live, with his wife, in January.

After jumping through hoops and providing all the information that was needed, he still is not here. His paperwork has been with the National Visa Center since July and has still not received his date for his interview at the American embassy in London. He calls NVC each week only to get the runaround on his interview date.

This is not right.

My daughter came home in March to accept a job offer thinking that it would give them a start-up for when he arrived. They have been apart now six months with no expectation on when he will be able to come. He was even told that he may not come to visit as he would probably be turned around at the border.

How sick is that? We have people who are protesting for changes to the laws when they have come to the U.S. to visit and have never left. I love our country and think that people should be allowed to come here, but do it legally and stop complaining that you are not given any rights, which you have not even earned.

JUDY L. WARNER
    LEBANON
    http://www.ldnews.com/letters/ci_242...le-immigration

With 'Bamacrats, everything is political. This woman's son in law represents one potential vote; dreamers represent millions. Legality is irrelevant.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade