Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Talk with A Neighbor

I just finished up an interesting discussion with the wife of the couple who live next door to me in my apatments. She was out cleaning the outside of her car so i just struck up a conversation with her.

She is a legal immigrant from Mexico (3 years ago) and her husband was born in the United States in texas. she is working in food prep at a local school, going to school herself to learn english and in three years will take the citizenship exam. She got a big grin when she talked about taking this and i could hear the excitement in her voice cuz she wants to be a citizen. She says that she has an "employment card" to work.

We talked about the violence in mexico, the drug wars, illegal immigration.

She is afraid for her family who live just over the river from Zapata Texas. She knows how violent these people are and how they just go killing like its no bother what so ever. she said that people DO KNOW who is killing but are afraid to talk in case they might be next.

I told her about the police chief in Tijuana who was shot 50 times in his bed about two months ago.

I mentioned the Minnesota bus crash and told her what happened and how the driver was illegal, killed 4, had stolen identiy, no license or insurance and stuff. I mentioned how the boyfriend who had the van now has an arrest warrant out because he also stole someones identity and now the police cant find him. I told her that he was an illegal from mexico and said "i know where he is" she said "he's in mexico"

Then I told her about the Ramos and Compean case a little bit and she was also puzzled how a border agent, who is authorized to carry a gun gets changed with the 924C. I told her about the dope runner was chased, shot and given immunity by the US government and then when arrested told her about how the US attorney went on TV and radio denying the "October load" only to find out when arrested there was TWO OCTOBER LOADS.

then i mentioned a little about the BP Agent Noe Aleman who went to prison for adopting his neices on his wifes family. told her about how he was accused of smuggling them into the country and how the people questioning the girls called the "little whores" and tried to assume the Aleman family was running a "midget" prostitution ring.

And we talked about immigration. she told me it would cost about 125-150 for a visa to come into the US and could not understand why people would pay almost 2000 to be smuggled in. She told me that if she was down with her family and heard people talking about it that she would tell them to stay at home where they already have a house, already have a job, and are living a normal life. She said she would talk about how it would be wrong to come here, and live in the shadows and everything the illegals do. She told me in Mexico that if your illegal and caught, your butt goes to jail then your deported.. all i could do was say "i wonder why thats not done here, sounds simple enough." All we could do is laugh at that remark.

She finished washing her car, but when I asked if she would wash her husbands truck. she said no thats his job. LOL

Sounds like you have a good start with her. Did she know about the group "You Don't Speak For Me"?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

james: Great story. Interesting woman and I'm glad she chose to do things the right way

Maybe next time you could steer her our way (www.alipac.us)?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    james: Great story. Interesting woman and I'm glad she chose to do things the right way

i mentioned how im on an immigration forum but i dont think they have a computer at home because she DID NOT know about the Minnesota bus crash or the Ramos and Compean case.

We talked about the smuggler being arrested in the case and i just printed out the el paso paper article and I took that to let her read it

For the past seven months as a public protester for Ramos and Compean, most of the Latino Americans with whom I shared the story reacted like most non-Latino Americans did--SHOCKED BEYOND BELIEF, MAD as HELL at the GOVERNMENT for FRAMING Ramos and Compean, and DEEPLY compassionate toward these two GOOD men and their families!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

i mentioned how im on an immigration forum but i dont think they have a computer at home because she DID NOT know about the Minnesota bus crash or the Ramos and Compean case.

We talked about the smuggler being arrested in the case and i just printed out the el paso paper article and I took that to let her read it
    Let us know her reaction if you will. I'd be interested to hear it. She obviously knows the corruptness of the system in Mexico.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

And we talked about immigration. she told me it would cost about 125-150 for a visa to come into the US and could not understand why people would pay almost 2000 to be smuggled in.
    That's a very good question! Who would choose to pay $2000, when you can pay $125-150?

Most likely those who have something on their records that would deny them entry?
    "

AE

Miguelina:

That's a very good question! Who would choose to pay $2000, when you can pay $125-150?
    There is no rhyme or reason with these people. I have lived in this complex (ALL of my neighbors are illegal except for about three) for four years now, and have seen the way they operate, and the only time someone admitted to me WHY they were here illegally and did it that way was only financial.

This guy believed that if people came here illegally that they would get taxed MORE and also KNEW they could not get social services if they are above board, I think he was not lying to me. It is ALL about more money for them, simple greed.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE,
    You got that right.
    This whole illegal thing is set up for the crooks, not the good people.
    Why else would they have to sneak in here and live behind the shadows?
    Why would they leave all they've known, their homes, their families and everything to come here under the wire? Because they are crooks and its more cost effective to ship the crooks out than build more prisons. I will say the worst part is the governments, including ours is making it harder to find success being honest. Unless you are willing to be a crook yourself you are quickly running out of options. The governments are teaching our kids this, that morals, ethics and the rule of law don't really matter. As long as you make tax money for the government, you're good to go! So the responsibility of all this corruption of people lies squarely on the governments that turn a blind eye and call it good business. They are stealing our peoples and kids wholesome way of thinking and it is not good. Just as the government wants to claim that marijuana is a gateway drug to more addictive and dangerous drugs, this government sponsored corruption and crime is a gateway to more dangerous and life threating crime. If someone is told its ok to hire illegals than it might be ok to cheat on your taxes. If its ok to sneak across the border it might be ok to sneak into someones bank account or purse. If it is ok to harbor illegals then it might be ok to sell a few fake documents. It just sets a tone that crime is ok, especially if your an illegal. If your a citizen chances are you got the messege that its ok to do as the illegals and employers do but you might be mistaken, your an American, you should know better.
    As we know a crook is a crook, if people will sneak in here illegally, what else are they willing to do? What else are thay capable of doing?
    You can ask those questions about their politicians as well as ours and now we have the businesses doing it also. America used to pride itself on being the least corrupt government and the most ethical but now I'm sure our rating has fallen immensly over the last 8 years. Just like every other rating that used to be of a high standard. That just goes to show the richer the big wigs get, the more they don't care about ethics, morals, laws, or people its all about more greenbacks.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by safari
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

Let us know her reaction if you will. I'd be interested to hear it. She obviously knows the corruptness of the system in Mexico.
    yes she knows about it and her reaction when she heard that 2 BP agents are in prison was like most americans. frustrated that it could happen.