Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas Teen Attacked Over Anti-Illegal Immigration Sign

Link to video:

Texas Teen Attacked Over Anti-Illegal Immigration Sign for History Project

Her sign read, "If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration."

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=75303

I'm VERY proud of this girl! She stood up for what's right and isn't backing down. We NEED young people like this to fight for our cause!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

MW

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The online Houston Newspaper has attempted to HIDE this article on the back pages, hardly any comments and will soon be gone without comments from readers!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5683445.html

Again, as I commented on another article, "our" FAMILIES are at the mercy of ILLEGALS and their Anchor Babies being murdered, raped, infected with disease, or robbed. But NOT to worry the Chamber of Commerce will get their "cheap labor" increasing "their privatized" PROFITS, thanks to Bush and the Congressional Leadership!!

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    The online Houston Newspaper has attempted to HIDE this article on the back pages, hardly any comments and will soon be gone without comments from readers!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5683445.html

Again, as I commented on another article, "our" FAMILIES are at the mercy of ILLEGALS and their Anchor Babies being murdered, raped, infected with disease, or robbed. But NOT to worry the Chamber of Commerce will get their "cheap labor" increasing "their privatized" PROFITS, thanks to Bush and the Congressional Leadership!!
    When you're at the site, make sure to click on "yahoo buzz" so it makes it on yahoo's hot stories! Also click on recommend!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

AP Texas News
    April 8, 2008, 10:38AM

Athens girl says anti-illegal immigration sign led to attack
    © 2008 The Associated Press

ATHENS, Texas — An East Texas girl who made an anti-illegal immigration sign as part of a U.S. history class assignment said she was beaten by other students.

Her sign said: "If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration."

The father of Melanie Bowers, 13, of Athens said he's keeping her out of classes until probably next week until the situation is resolved.

"She's upset, first and foremost, because she didn't feel like she had any reason to be attacked," J.R. Bowers told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "She loves going to school.

We're having to keep her out because we're scared for her."

As a class project, students made "protest signs" about past and current issues.

Melanie Bowers took her sign to school March 31. J.R. Bowers said his eighth-grade daughter was attacked Friday in a hallway. She suffered scrapes and bruises and later sought medical attention.

Shera Bowers said her daughter's sign was torn up at school.

Police are reviewing security video from Athens Middle School.
    Superintendent Fred Hayes said the investigation continues.

"I think that probably what we ought to look at is, if it's a current issue, we probably don't need a protest poster made on that issue," Hayes said.

___
    Information from Athens Daily Review & KLTV-TV:
    http://www.athensreview.com & http://www.kltv.com
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just hope that this girl has not suffered in vain and instead that the incident backfires onto the perparators and that it results in deportations of them and of the people in their families.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I think that probably what we ought to look at is, if it's a current issue, we probably don't need a protest poster made on that issue," Hayes said.
    No, you should look at it as these thugs need to either be jailed or deported or both. THE GIRL DID NOTHING WRONG.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Texas teen attacked

Some of the comments are blaming the girl for being attacked.

I guess in Mexico it is acceptable for boys to threaten girls at school. There MUST be an investigation.

What happened to free speech? Just because you don't like what is said, you don't have the right to threaten anyone.

What do you think would happen if an Hispanic girl had been attacked by white boys for making an Amnesty Now sign???????

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast