Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Theres a shortage of labor! Crops are rotting in the fields!

The Chicken-Littles claim that crops don’t get tended and they rot in the fields because farmers can’t find enough labor supply.

Google the phrase: crops rotting in fields. Of the 324,000 hits I got, many indicated that any impacts to farmers were not because there wasn’t available labor, it was because many of them had employed unsecure illegal labor which at times, is disrupted by spot enforcement efforts. Additionally, the transitory nature of illegal immigrants also creates unpredictable labor ‘voids’. They will go wherever the pay is better, if only minimally. As soon as they notice the construction industry pays more and even the service and landscaping industries, as well…there they go. Hence, farmers create their own disruptions to labor supply by employing illegal immigrants. So, it appears that it's not that farmers can't find enough workers, it's that the workers they choose are likely selected because they have no documentation, are easily exploitable and can be paid a lower wage.

Here’s just two links from the google search, which indicate the labor shortage just doesn’t exist:
    http://www.cis.org/articles/2007/mskoped110607.html
    http://tinyurl.com/6m5pff

Send it to Feinstein and Craig. Perhaps there’s a chance even a libidiot can be educated and see reality.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd call their bluff. No ag amnesty. The farmers can either hire legal workers at fair wages or lose the whole farm, don't care, let 'em rot!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Hello it is spring most states aren't even ready for harvest If they are already out of workers maybe they better check the construction industry!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Hello is is spring most states aren't even ready for harvest If they are already out of workers maybe they better check the construction industry!!
    They can always cruise the parking lot at Home Depots, but even those IA's won't do the job for those wages. Sucks for the farmers don't it?
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Hello is is spring most states aren't even ready for harvest If they are already out of workers maybe they better check the construction industry!!
    They can always cruise the parking lot at Home Depots, but even those IA's won't do the job for those wages. Sucks for the farmers don't it?
    YA, the cheap SOB"S, yes they can go after the day workers hanging out on our street corners all over America.....we know they are not legal or they would be at the unemployment offices.

>>RED ALERT" "ACTION NEEDED NOW!!"<<
    PLEASE MAKE CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS.....
    THEIR TRYING TO GET AMNESTY AGAIN WITH THE AG'S BILL IN THE
    IRAQ FUNDING BILL.....

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-115596.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Super numero uno carrot picker:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUrgFbLkFK0
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Super numero uno carrot picker:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUrgFbLkFK0
    A perfect solution.

Uh huh.....and if crops were rotting in the fields you can bet your field boots that the MSM would be broadcasting hours of footage showing this on a daily basis.

Where is it? To go one step beyond that, where is the massive shortage in the stores? Simple answer.....it's not there because the problem doesn't exist.

If there is one thing that angers me more than anything it's this continual belief....despite evidence to the contrary....that we are all stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I'd call their bluff. No ag amnesty. The farmers can either hire legal workers at fair wages or lose the whole farm, don't care, let 'em rot!
    How about the "farmers" paid NOT to plant! I saw an article that said that there were many of those "farmers" that lived in Manhattan!

The only people I thought that were getting that money were poor farmers, BUT NO, it's the damn rich ones! Who's in charge of this government department? Anyone know? I also saw where it was a PORK issue in another Bill. Why has the "line Item Veto" not been voted for. And lobbyist should be banned from the Senate, Congress and House voting days!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Show me the rotten crops Feinstein.

I quote myself:

Where are all of these rotting crops? Really, the produce bins at the store have been full every time I've gone in there. Someone out there has been able to harvest and get the goods to market. Family farmers did it all the time, before they were pushed off their farms. Why can't Agri-Businesses get it done?

Where are all the help wanted solicitations, if they needed workers?

I think it's time for Agri-Business to go out of business.

Really, I just googled Rotten Crops and didn't see one bit of news about the "rotten crop" devistation. Results 1 - 10 of about 24 for Rotten Crops
    The results are about chemistry, disease, home gardening...

FEAR MONGERING FOR AG-JOBS Illegals!!!!
    Dixie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast