Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Truth About Tancredo halting LEGAL immigration

People absolutely freak out when they hear, "Tom Tancredo wants to end all LEGAL immigration."

The truth of the matter is this: Tom Tancredo wants to halt all LEGAL immigration for only a "temporary period" of two to ten years in order for the Federal Government to be able to get a handle on who is currently in the country.
    Once that is under control and the border is secure, then LEGAL immigration would be allowed to resume.

It's really not that outrageous of an idea once you consider what all could be accomplished during that two to ten year period:

#1: The fence or wall along the Mexican border could be completed. It would be fully manned by then due to the increasing amount of Border Patrol Agents that Congress is currently authorizing. Additionally, the technological improvements would be implemented by then aiding the Border Patrol Agents in doing their jobs more affectively.

#2: Employers could be policed by ICE. Huge fines would be levied against any employer who hires illegal immigrants and the illegal immigrants would be deported. Legal American citizens could then be hired to fill these jobs.

#3: All individuals who "overstayed their Visas" could be located and deported. Again this would result in freeing up American jobs for legal American citizens.

#4: With the right laws passed and enforced it would give state troopers and local police departments enough time and the opportunity to check an individual's legal status. This could be accomplished through routine traffic stops or check-points along any road or highway anywhere in the country. If you have a problem with this idea, I would ask you, "What do you have to hide?"

#5: New Social Security Cards with the card holder's bio-metric information downloaded to a computer chip embedded in the card could be issued nationwide. If you have a problem with this idea, I would again ask you, "What do you have to hide?"

His plan would work, folks. It may not be exactly what the liberals in this country want to see happen but, aren't they the ones that got us into this mess in the first place?

Rice

Is there a link where Tancredo supports this position of halting *all* immigration? I haven't seen it if there is.

Thanks.

H2
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME
    Is there a link where Tancredo supports this position of halting *all* immigration? I haven't seen it if there is.

Thanks.

H2
    He mentioned it in the last debate.

Yes, I support Tom's view on this. We let in over 1 million LEGAL immigrants annually. Letting our legal immigration explode was what brought us the problem of massive illegal immigration in the first place.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME

Thanks.

H2
    He mentioned it in the last debate.

Yes, I support Tom's view on this. We let in over 1 million LEGAL immigrants annually. Letting our legal immigration explode was what brought us the problem of massive illegal immigration in the first place.
    If you've read Congressman Tancredo' book, In Mortal Danger, he does mention that we need a temporary halt on all immigration in order to assimilate all of the ones here. We all know the 12-20 million number is not accurate, and I'd be willing to bet there is at least 30 million illegals already in the country. Even if we allowed all of them to stay, it would take years to assimilate all of them.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy

If you've read Congressman Tancredo' book, In Mortal Danger, he does mention that we need a temporary halt on all immigration in order to assimilate all of the ones here. We all know the 12-20 million number is not accurate, and I'd be willing to bet there is at least 30 million illegals already in the country. Even if we allowed all of them to stay, it would take years to assimilate all of them.
    Haven't read Tom's book yet, but Buchanan covered this in his book. IMO this whole thing started in 1965 when they dropped the national origins quotas. This ensured that Third Worlders (the least assimilable) would dominate the legal immigrant pool. Then they increased the caps on immigration every chance they got. Essentially what this does is create immigrant communities--like barrios--all across our nation. These immigrant communities act as a haven for illegals to melt into. After 20 years of illegal immigration the government looked at the problem they had created, and decided to just legalize the millions who had broken in. And because they never enforced the employer sanctions attached to the '86 amnesty, it created another wave--up to 20 million more.

Now, 20 years later, they want to legalize all of these people. Seems like a long concerted effort by Washington to turn us into a Third World nation. Bit by bit, consistently.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

The key component to keep in mind is this...There is no law that says we must allow immigration. We do so because most reasonable thinking people (although I'm not sure what reasonable thinking really is) believe LEGAL immigration is a humanistic policy and it provides overall positive benefits to the recipient country and it's economy and society. I'm mostly in line with that reasonable supposition. But when immigration becomes so out of whack, that even LEGAL immigration causes situations of non-assimilation and counterproductive assults to our economy and social institutions...why not take a time out, halt ALL immigration while securing the borders and get a better plan?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    The key component to keep in mind is this...There is no law that says we must allow immigration. We do so because most reasonable thinking people (although I'm not sure what reasonable thinking really is) believe LEGAL immigration is a humanistic policy and it provides overall positive benefits to the recipient country and it's economy and society. I'm mostly in line with that reasonable supposition. But when immigration becomes so out of whack, that even LEGAL immigration causes situations of non-assimilation and counterproductive assults to our economy and social institutions...why not take a time out, halt ALL immigration while securing the borders and get a better plan?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Excellent post, zeezil!

Rice

Re: The Truth About Tancredo halting LEGAL immigration

Quote Originally Posted by rwrice
    People absolutely freak out when they hear, "Tom Tancredo wants to end all LEGAL immigration."

The truth of the matter is this: Tom Tancredo wants to halt all LEGAL immigration for only a "temporary period" of two to ten years in order for the Federal Government to be able to get a handle on who is currently in the country.
    Once that is under control and the border is secure, then LEGAL immigration would be allowed to resume.

His plan would work, folks. It may not be exactly what the liberals in this country want to see happen but, aren't they the ones that got us into this mess in the first place?Rice
    MORATORIUM NOW! Amen and Amen. What are we waiting for? We need to press this issue until it is done. Then, we need to begin the process of enforcing the laws already on the book so they start making there way out on their own.

Then there are the schools and the Universities teaching anti-Americanism and Multi-cultural nonsense that need to be dealt with so our culture is taught and valued. IMO.

It seems reasonable to me to take a, "time out," to let the current tsunami of LEGAL immigrants assimilate (encouraging and enabling them to do so by efforts at, "Americanization," as was done before with previous waves of immigrants).

During the timeout, we study how other nations handle their immigration, determine what works for them and we emulate it. For example, I know that Australia and New Zealand limit their immigration to people who will be a benefit to their country and be contributors to their societies.

Of course, the illegal immigration should be handled as stated here:
    http://www.alipac.us/article1111-thread-1-0.html
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Controlling the flow of legal immigration has always been a topic for debate and congress historically went both ways. Large influxes were followed by pauses. There is NOTHING anti-American about asking for a pause. The problem is that for such things to be meaningful we must first get control over who enters. That amnesty and open-border proponents regard this idea as a dirty secret just shows how poorly they understand this issue and American history. These are generally people who derive their understanding of such things from Emma Lazarus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast