Like Tree3Likes

Thread: TX: Local family's emergency trip to hospital interrupted by demonstrators

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Local family's emergency trip to hospital interrupted by demonstrators

Local family's emergency trip to hospital interrupted by demonstrators

The coordinator of the protest says he gave specific instructions to participants not to break any laws and not to touch or harm anyone

Author: Jennifer Bauer
    Published On: Jul 16 2013 10:30:14 PM CDT
    Updated On: Jul 17 2013 07:41:55 AM CDT

HOUSTON - Hundreds of people marched in protest to the George Zimmerman verdict on Monday.

"No justice, no peace," they yelled as they walked from the Byrd Funeral Home in the 2500 block of Wheeler to the Southmore Street overpass bridge near Highway 288.

Just after 7p.m. Monday, the demonstrators spilled out onto the road and blocked traffic for about 15 minutes.

"I looked up and I see all the protesters, they're everywhere," said Georgia, who asked that her last name not be used.

"So, we got into the traffic and they're stopping us and not letting us go."

Georgia was on her way to Texas Children's Hospital in the Medical Center because her 7-year-old granddaughter was having an allergic reaction to some medication.

Georgia's daughter was driving and tried to go around the demonstrators by driving on the grassy shoulder.

"One of them was hitting the windshield and I was just screaming, 'We've got to get to the hospital,' and they were screaming and chanting," she said. "All I could think of was, I got to get my granddaughter to the hospital."

"My mom rolled down the window," said Georgia's daughter. "She said, 'We're trying to get my granddaughter to the hospital,' and a guy just started hitting her."

A Local 2 camera covering the protest recorded the entire incident. On the video you could see Georgia sitting in the front seat of an SUV, she had her window down and you can see a man reach in and grab her. Georgia said she was hit.

"When we got on the road I told her, 'Let's call 911," and I could feel I had been hit," she said.

The family is upset by the whole incident and thinks the demonstrators took things too far. Georgia filed a police report and hopes that things will quiet down.

"It wasn't peaceful," she said. "It was terrifying."

Quanell X, the community activist who planned the event, told Local 2 he thought the protest was peaceful.

He also said he gave specific instructions to participants not to break any laws and not to touch or harm anyone.

The Houston Police Department did have a few officers on scene and told Local 2 it's unclear how the demonstrators were able to get onto the freeway, but the officers were working to remove them.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/lo...h/-/index.html

VIDEO
    <br>
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 07-17-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Caught on Tape: Pro-Trayvon Martin ‘Protesters’ Attack Houston Grandmother and Refuse to Let Family Take Child to Hospital

Jul. 17, 2013 3:43pm Jason Howerton
    The Blaze

While much of the nation was focused on the pro-Trayvon Martin “protests” (practically riots) in Los Angeles and Oakland on Monday, demonstrators in Houston resorted to violence as they rallied for “justice for Trayvon.”
    The demonstrators in Houston on Monday evening successfully blocked traffic on a highway overpass and the road below. A woman, badly in need of getting her 7-year-old granddaughter to the hospital due to an allergic reaction, found herself at the mercy of the rowdy protesters.
    People participate in a demonstration led by activist Quanell X, local community leaders and hip-hop stars in reaction to the acquittal of neighborhood watch member George Zimmerman Monday, July 15, 2013, in Houston. Credit: AP

Friends try to calm down, David Wright, top, who reacted after he was told he couldn’t enter the Bob Casey Federal Courthouse in Houston as more than 100 protestors organized outside for a protest in reaction to the acquittal of neighborhood watch member George Zimmerman Tuesday, July 16, 2013. Credit: AP

People participate in a demonstration led by activist Quanell X, local community leaders and hip-hop stars in reaction to the acquittal of neighborhood watch member George Zimmerman Monday, July 15, 2013, in Houston. Credit: AP

“I looked up and I see all the protesters, they’re everywhere…So, we got into the traffic and they’re stopping us and not letting us go,” the woman, who only identified her self as Georgia, told KPRC-TV.
    Georgia’s daughter, who was driving the car when the incident occurred, first attempted to go around the protesters by driving on the grassy shoulder, but the crowd would not let them pass.
    “One of them was hitting the windshield and I was just screaming, ‘We’ve got to get to the hospital,’ and they were screaming and chanting,” Georgia’s daughter said. “All I could think of was, I got to get my granddaughter to the hospital.”
    That’s when Georgia rolled down the window to reason with the frenzied protesters. They responded by assaulting her.
    “She said, ‘We’re trying to get my granddaughter to the hospital,’ and a guy just started hitting her,” her daughter recalled.
    video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
    In the video shot by KPRC-TV, the crowd is clearly seen blocking their vehicle. The video also clearly shows a man reaching into the car and grabbing her. Georgia is certain she was hit by the man.
    Here is a screengrab of the incident:

“It wasn’t peaceful,” she said. “It was terrifying.”
    But according to Quanell X, the “community activist” who organized the protest, the demonstration was peaceful. He was also kind enough to encourage participants not to break any laws or hurt anyone.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for adding the video--I can't manage to do that!

I am an old man; I remember the beginning of the Civil Rights movement. After 50 years of incessantly inculcating white guilt over "racism," after Affirmative Action, which is nothing more than reverse discrimination against "crackers" (whites), after "Hate Crimes" that are only are applied to whites, I am fed up with this crap. Blacks voted 95% for Obama, Whites voted 40% for Obama. Blacks are about 12% of the population. If the evil Whites voted like Blacks there is no way Obama could have won the election. So who are the "racist?" But there is a lesson here, what would happen if those opposed to illegal immigration acted like those rioting over one criminal trial?

An additional post: I am a former Army Medic. I was trained by veterans of WWII. They occasionally told us that there were times when the GERMAN ARMY allowed American medics to pass through GERMAN lines with wounded AMERICAN soldiers. Compare this with the behavior by the Trayvon Martin protesters.

It is impossible to have any respect for people that behave in such a savage manner. Wasp spray.