Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Senate Sellout!!!

SENATE SOLD US OUT! CALL REPS TO KILL SB 792
    Written by Terri Hall
    Tuesday, 15 May 2007

The Senate SOLD US OUT! Call your Reps to tell them to KILL SB 792! We expect HB 1892, to become LAW! The Senate voted on an 80 page bill the Governor is pushing without even reading it...SB 792 has an exception for the Trans Texas Corridor I-69 project to move ahead using a private toll CDA! Apparently the senators were more concerned about missing their summer vacations due to the Governor's special session threats than they were about REPRESENTING YOU!

What happened to Senator Kevin Eltife who said "we've created a monster" in TxDOT. What happened to Senator Steve Ogden who said he was righting past sins this session having felt betrayed by toll road legislation author Mike Krusee in 2003? What happened to John Carona and David Dewhurst who warned of sky high toll escalation in the hands of a foreign company? What happened to the 27 senators who voted FOR HB 1892 only to cave to a dictator in less than a week? This Senate just weakened the Legislative branch of government. We're headed for a full throttle dictatorship under a rogue Governor.

It's nothing short of stunning...we need to UNLEASH VOTER FURY and show these guys that they ought to FEAR the voters more than Mr. 39% Perry's veto pen! Flood them with RELENTLESS phone calls and emails! WE ARE the owners of government, not the foreign companies salivating over our PUBLIC highways and the Governor they've got in their hip pocket! We will accept nothing less than HB 1892 becoming LAW!

We're Texans, now act like it!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Banned
    I'm not from Texas...but is there anything I can do???

What did happen? Was some kind of pressure applied on these guys or did the tooth fairy bring them a lot of quarters to back off?

I think it was the quarters. Some of the top Senators were never truly sold on the moratorium, though they voted in favor of it. I'm not surprised this is happening in the Senate. I just hope it doesn't make it in the House. The longer this gets drawn out, the worse it is for us...in my opinion. Governor Perry will threaten a special session, which will extend the session into June or beyond. Many of the legislators don't want that and may ok whatever comes to them, no matter how bad it is for Texans.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!