Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Under What Terms Amnesty? - An Epistle

This is my first post on this forum, however I've posted elsewhere.

I think the question before many is that under what terms is amnesty acceptable?

First off, amnesty wouldn't be so bad if the border is secured. If the border is secured, it would be over. Also, migrants' lives would be saved since there would be no more murder, rape and mayhem at the border. Further, there would be no more dangerous treks across the desert. Incidentally, the Border Patrol is probably a greater life preserver of migrants than any Raza type activist group!

Second, if amnesty is allowed, under what terms could it be received? I think getting in line should be required with some sort of provisional green card that would be temporary until all of the ordinary steps are completed. Like it or not, the "dreamers" do have some good points of argument.

Lastly, terrorism is still a threat and after all that has happened why hasn't the border been secured and further more people checked. If amnesty is given, backgrounds would have to be checked. I think little insight is given to the threat of terrorism. In 2004, Al-Queda smuggled nerve gas into Jordan to explode in Amman to kill the royal family of Jordan. Fortunately, the plot was foiled. Now, in 2009, could a WMD get smuggled into the USA? I think the answer is yes.

I don't think people like Congressmen Gutierrez and Baca are serious about reform and really they are taking an "amnesty only" approach. They give Americans a product they will never support and leave anyone with sense the need to say, "No, no, hell no." Also, they are harder on undocumented people since they can't deliver with their "amnesty only" approach.

This is how I feel. I know it doesn't fit in perfectly here but I want border security definitely as well as more enforcement especially to combat illegal immigration related crimes like human trafficking and smuggling.

No Amnesty

Amnesty just invites the next wave of Illegals. Amnesty is NOT the answer as we have seen from all the previous amnesties...

You cant reward this kind of behavior or you encourage more....

I oppose any increase in amnesty programs, if someone is not eligible now they should go home to their country where theyre legal. I think both sides should be putting efforts into the development of Mexico on both the personal, corporate and governmental level. The latter should be targeted to those projects which would also help us here in the United States. That combined with enforcement through the SAVE Act would then jump start Mexico's economy to the point where there would be less benefit to illegals in coming here.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, digorykirke.
    As Tbow009 pointed out amnesty would be an open invitation to those who do not respect the laws of a sovereign country. But it goes farther than that.
    There is also the serious consideration of how much more population our infrastructure and natural resources can stand. Then one must question who these people really are (as Vladimir could actually be Nikolai).
    Secure borders means that no one can sneak in here, but what about the approximated 40 percent of illegals that arrive on student or visitor visas and never leave, but instead disappearing into our diverse society?
    And, amnesty would be a huge slap in the face to those that made the effort to go through the paperwork, get poked and prodded by physicians and other trials -- those who proudly stand up and say they are or are striving for American citizenship. Those are the people that built this country. Illegals are here for nothing but economic reasons, sending billions of dollars to the old country, and the majority have proven they have no interest in assimilation or the responsibility of citizenship, like paying taxes.
    The problem is much more far-flung than the poor "undocumented worker."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think the sad thing is that the 3 of you are probably right. It boils down to guarantees that law will actually be enforced after any amnesty. No one believes that the federal government has the will even coming from Congress to carry out its own laws. As much as I'd like to believe there could be compromise, I don't believe they'll compromise.

Ultimately, this next bill will fail. I honestly believe it. If Bush couldn't deliver, how could Obama deliver? There will be a lot of arm twisting again but it'll be defeated. It will be a fight again and then the other side will comes to its senses to realize that if they have empathy for these people they'll do what is good for everyone - all Americans.

I see the other side very clearly believe me. It looks back at me each day and I can't say I wouldn't be unsatisfied with amnesty, but I know the status quo is disasterous like not following a diet after a serious health problem or not getting an important repair done on your car; time is ticking away.

Yet, I'm an optimist. I think we have the better argument because it is an argument. No emotion involved - pure logic.

I know the people populating this website believe in justice and emphasize the anger they feel. The Gutierrez proposal is bordering treason, and it angers me that this law will do nothing to benefit the American citizen, but gives all to illegal foreigners which they could wish for (or perhaps, totally ignore unless it suits them).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)