Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Understanding our politicians mentality w/ amnesty

Seeing our own politicians betray us for the sake of illegal aliens is one of the most bizarre, frustrating things in this entire struggle. I think I am beginning to understand some of the reasons why they keep pushing amnesty on us time after time.

Leaving aside the greed factors and the 'being pro-amnesty proves I'm not a racist' factor, I've overlooked another factor: our vast welfare and social services system. Due to terrible planning, our current state system requires a constantly growing population.

Look at social security. We pay money from each paycheck that goes to fund the little old lady down the street's monthly check. It's a pay as you go system, and we're going to see very pronounced problems as the baby boomers retire. The baby boomers will outnumber their children, and the system will stall or show itself incapable to match supply with demand. If you want to keep the current model going, you have to have more people. The baby boomers have already procreated, and it isn't enough for our current system. If you are a politician who hates making tough, unpopular decisions, you might be tempted to mitigate the problem by leaving the gates open. The people that come can be used to keep the benefits rolling in. Feign incompetence, legalize the citizens, and you keep the benefits coming.

The problems are obvious to us all. Eventually, the system *will* to collapse under its own weight. More people are brought in to support the baby boomers. To support the next generation, even more must be brought in. Collapse is inevitable. The politician also has to commit to ignoring his own nation's laws for this scheme to work.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

But there is another solution that they don't even think about (although countries like Finland are) which is to enforce age discrimination laws and allow older workers who are willing and able to keep working. A lot of them want to, many need to. The stereotype that a person is no longer productive at X years has never been 100% true, and is even more varied with the baby boomer generation due to modern medicine and nutrition. Instead, the politicians allow the illegals to elbow aside our blue collar folks and working poor, meanwhile the white collar professionals get sniped by excessively large H-1B caps.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You are right collapse is inevitable on our current course. And it is true that there is a great deal of baby boomer greed behind the movement. They have to be, all things considered, the worst generation.

It just shows you how these type of folk think. rather than fix the problem, they want to keep it afloat and ignore it.

The economy is floating right now, years of looking the other way on regulation during the Clinton administration really inflated the bubble and it is going to take a hard fall. And much like a heroin addict looking for an instant fix, they are only looking at the numbers that could be theoretically generated by slave labor. Our government is purposely ignoring the true cost of illegals. Hiding like cowards.

I do think you are absolutely correct, I would classify this particular reason for amnesty as ancillary and put destablization for the sake of economic (then political incorporation).

Amnesty would only ADD to the problem NOT help since most of the Illegals do low paying jobs which citizens must subsidize with federal aid.

I suppose there could be a arguement amnesty would "in the future" provide a workforce who would be paying taxes but that is risky thinking since we are nearing a point of no return in regards to the collapse of our Social Security System if not properly funded and with so much money going to Illegal care it is taking money which could have been used for funding S.S.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    You are right collapse is inevitable on our current course. And it is true that there is a great deal of baby boomer greed behind the movement. They have to be, all things considered, the worst generation.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? That's quite a generalization you've made there.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen

What exactly is that supposed to mean? That's quite a generalization you've made there.
    I second that (emotion) Disillusioned !!
    Explain yourself Chosen !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Actually, I think anyone who believes the illegals are going to help the system needs to think again.

First off, most of them do not pay taxes - despite all the rhetoric of LaRaza - they don't. They work on a contract labor basis and no taxes are withheld and none paid. They just flash someone else's SS card and the number is duly noted and a 1099 issued at the end of the year. It is the workers responsibility to pay those taxes. The IRS doesn't match them up - at least not with in this instance.

Also, the ones who are paying taxes, the few, will be low wage earners - but will receive benefits totally out of proposition to their contributions.

These people didn't come here to pay taxes and be good Americans. They came to make money, and scam the system. They will scam the SS system. Their children, by and large, are going to behave in the same way.

No, despite what some politicians are trying to sell you, the illegals will not - will not help the SS system.

What will help the system is to send the illegals home, so American wages will rise and more Americans can work. With the illegals gone, the property taxes for education can be reduced, the auto insurance can be reduced, all the added fees and permits that were tacked on as hidden taxes can be reduced or cut altogether. Our healthcare cost will be less.

So now with American families earning more money, paying less in taxes, healthcare, etc., they should then save enough to supplement their retirement and the oldsters could take a cut, or not get a raise every year, because they could afford to live on less.

There will also be jobs available for the oldsters to supplement their income.

Not a baby boomer, but getting SS now and I do see that the younger generation is really taking a hit on this, and that bothers me. But illegals are not the answer - to anything.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Someone asked me to respond, I forgot about this thread.

I consider Baby Boomers to represent as a whole the worst generation in American history. Of course this is a play off of the term given to their parents, and you can always argue many exceptions, as most often are quick to identify, but the fact remains...This generation created the culture of narcissism and self indulgence that has allowed the spreading of the collectivist cancer thru our system.

It is my observation that Baby Boomers cannot see things outside of their value to themsleves. Of how an event plays into what they need. And alothough this sounds bizarre, this is the oppositte of political individualism. Pre-baby boomer America valued the individual and tolerated the fellow American thru an accepted norm of civility driven by a common culture. In other words, it is okay to be an individual as long as you don't harm others. Baby boomers flipped this, completely ignoring others if it inhibited their desires. And it is important to note that it wasn't a quest for individuality, but self indulgence. Competition and enduring what you do not like gets in the way of gratification and pleasure. The idea became to reduce others to subjegate them to meeting a collective means of indulgence.

Baby Boomers use a culture of preoccupation to shield themsleves from responsibility. They share a sense of "what good will it do anyway" not because they have tried to change things, but it collectively helps to justify their ignoring of responsibility and civility for the gratification of the moment. An uber explanation for whim! All other generations in America were full of rugged individualists who saw the world as a place to make your mark. For the baby boomer it was to be turned into a vanity mirror that should be changed to fit their own image. A rounding up of collective values that provide ease and convenience.

The difference? Their fathers stormed Normandy, they replaced God with theraputic self gratification.

yours truly,
    Generation X

ps I know that there are always exceptions.

Chosen, I think that's an extremely harsh and simplistic view of an entire generation of people. Every generation has its problems.

I see young parents out today who drag their kids into restaurants and movies just because THEY don't want to miss out. I'm not talking about family restaurants and G rated movies. I'm talking about expensive restaurants and R rated movies. It seems the parent don't care that their kids spoil the meal or movie for everyone else in the restaurant or the theater. All they seem to care about is that THEY get to do what they want. But I don't condemn the whole generation just because of the actions of a selfish few.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

I think there's a lot of validity to apropos' comments. Pehaps our government is desperate to fill the social security coffers, which are, no doubt, running empty. So why not refuse to enforce the borders, let millions flood into this country, legalize them, and then tax them to death!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast