Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

URGENT! – Don’t Let Older Americans Get Left Behind

I just received this email from a friend. Although it is addressed to MD residents, ALL senators must be contacted. We can't allow them to exclude our seniors, while including illegals in this package. When you contact your representatives to voice your opposition to illegals receiving these benefits, please don’t forget our seniors.

Tell Senator Mikulski and Senator Cardin
    to Include Americans 65 and Older in the Economic Stimulus Plan!
    Send Your Senators An Email,
    Then Call 1-800-795-5336 NOW!

We need your help.

Yesterday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed economic stimulus legislation that would offer rebates to millions of American taxpayers. But, unless Senators alter this plan, the majority of Americans over 65 will be left out – including 20 million seniors who rely primarily on Social Security.

Senator Max Baucus has offered a proposal that would help approximately 20 million older Americans who primarily depend on Social Security for retirement income. This plan would also enhance unemployment insurance, which is especially important for older workers who have a more difficult time finding new employment after a job loss.

The Senate plan improves on the House proposal by:

Putting money into the hands of people who will more quickly put it back into the economy, and
    Targeting those Americans who need it most.
    It is more timely, targeted – and fair.

Tell Senators Mikulski and Cardin to support an economic stimulus plan that is timely, targeted and fair – and includes Americans of all ages.

Don’t delay! This issue is moving fast and time is short. Make your voice heard today and let your Senators know that older Americans should be included.

Once you take action, you can really help us get the ball rolling by forwarding this email to your friends and family asking them to help by making a call or sending an email. We need to make sure that Senators hear from us, as this issue is critical to the financial security of millions of older Americans.

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

The AARP Advocacy Team

http://www.aarp.org/issues/

Illegal aliens getting checks and older Americans are not? Tie the two together, that illegal aliens will receive checks (so they have a tax id # - they are not supposed to be here, or receiving anything) and seniors do not.

Mention this to your Senators when you make the Action Alert calls that William has requested.

Email this to other Americans and ask them to pass this on. Post this any web blogs or news sites and television and talk radio need to know this. Contact the shows.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interested you posted this issue as a retired person I've watched this with great interest, whille my spouse and I worked over 80 years combined and paid large sums into SS and other funds we actually receive less from social security then my parents who paid in very little. Not trying to get off topic here but many believe those on social security are on welfare.

I once read an article on immigration approx. 40 years ago and in it the author predicted that America in time would become predominate Hispanic and those young Hispanics would hate the aged because they resented paying benefits to whites, Interesting idea at the time I thought it was nonsense, now, well we're growing close to that point.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

If the idea is to stimulate the economy by recipients spending the rebate checks quickly, then they shouldn't skip over the seniors. The seniors have paid more taxes than anyone else and would spend the rebates faster than anyone else. Seniors need extra money for medicines and food....basics. Why give it to illegals who might send it to Mexico. The economy would be stimulated only if its spent in this country.
    Its another way to stick it to the people who've put the most into building this country.

I will include this as a talking point as I make my calls against illegals receiving checks!

Thanks fedupDeb!

I heard the same thing from Senator Hutchison's office in Dallas.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Action Alert! Please join in , Patriots!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-603264.html#603264

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Interested you posted this issue as a retired person I've watched this with great interest, whille my spouse and I worked over 80 years combined and paid large sums into SS and other funds we actually receive less from social security then my parents who paid in very little. Not trying to get off topic here but many believe those on social security are on welfare.

I once read an article on immigration approx. 40 years ago and in it the author predicted that America in time would become predominate Hispanic and those young Hispanics would hate the aged because they resented paying benefits to whites, Interesting idea at the time I thought it was nonsense, now, well we're growing close to that point.
    You just hit on something. DC wants to make illegals legal to help bail out SS. But they will pay far less into it than they would receive. Our kids would be footing and even bigger bill.

We need help contact your SENATOR....link below on stimulus package!!!

----------------------ACTION ALERT-------------------------

STOP!! "Illegals get Stimulus check"
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-101023.html
    We need everyone to help Senator Sessions....

just 8 calls and 8 e-mails but so important for our cause, lets show Sen. Sessions what alipacer's are made of!!
    Instructions and contact information (below link)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100207.html
    "Lou Dobbs for president campaign" need help here to!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-99798.html
    MCCAIN & HERNANDEZ ACTION ALERT!!!! TAKE ACTION NOW!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100860.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)