Like Tree3Likes

Thread: War zone at the Mexican border and no one cares

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

War zone at the Mexican border and no one cares

Michelle Malkin 12:12 a.m. EDT August 14, 2014
    news-press.com

I can hear "progressives" whipping out their overdrawn race cards as I type.

(Photo: Special to news-press.com)

The voice on the other end of the line is exasperated. "It's insane," he wants America to know. "We're in a war zone." And there's no room for apathy.

"This is coming to a town near you," he warns.

The man on the phone is a veteran of the Department of Homeland Security who works in South Texas. He reached out to me Monday night in the wake of an off-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent's horrific murder on Sunday. The 36-year-old agent, Javier Vega Jr., was shot execution-style in front of his wife, his parents, two of his sons and another child in the Rio Grande Valley. Vega's father was also shot but survived. They were on an idyllic family fishing trip before being robbed and ambushed.

The two suspects are Mexican nationals from Matamoros. "They're here illegally," my source said with a weary sigh. And not just that. They had been previously deported after committing other serious crimes, he says. "But we just drop the thugs off at the border, and they come right back."

No doubt the bleeding hearts will take offense at wretched animals being called what they are. I can hear "progressives" whipping out their overdrawn race cards as I type.

That's all they've got.

Last week, Democrats took to the House floor to inveigh against heartless Republicans who oppose expanding President Barack Obama's administrative amnesty. "Un-American." "Deplorable." "Hateful." House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi imperiously dismissed enforcement advocate Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa., as 'insignificant." It's "almost as though they despise and hate all of our children," fumed Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.

So, public safety and homeland security concerns are "insignificant"? More than a half-million border crossers from Mexico, South America and Central America granted administrative amnesty or special border-surge status under Obama are "our children"? Where are the speeches from Pelosi and her fellow House Democrats on behalf of the children of Javier Vega? And for the children of other fallen agents? Or for the children of countless other victims murdered by criminals who waltzed across the borders with impunity?

And where's the compassion for the men and women trying to do the job big business and big government don't want done?

The men and women sworn to provide border security don't have time for Washington games and politically correct niceties. "A lot of politicians come down here," my DHS correspondent says. "They talk about securing the border, but they leave us with our hands tied."

http://www.news-press.com/story/opin...ares/14034575/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    The men and women sworn to provide border security don't have time for Washington games and politically correct niceties. "A lot of politicians come down here," my DHS correspondent says. "They talk about securing the border, but they leave us with our hands tied."
    'Bamacrats are the most notorious hypocrits and liars, but IMO that's true only because they're running the current show. Some Repubs are every bit as eager to sell out Americans, to appease their big money donors - they being the ones who want surplus labor, to depress American wages and keep profits up.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade