Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WARNING: BEFORE ORDERING CREDIT REPORT...

Too bad this wasn't posted earlier, but...for those of you voting in later primaries and concerned about possible identity theft, please visit the following Federal Trade Commission website concerning the request of credit reports. Some of the "freebies" on line could be scams:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/cre ... ports.shtm

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thanks for the info, there is SO much scamming going on these days.

We have ourselves gotten calls from supposed collection agencies, stating we owed this bill or that bill, and when we told these people we do not recognize it and did not have an account with said company, they actually start getting angry and heavily verbal with us, to which we hang up. This went on for a while and the State Attorney Generals office told us to simply hang up as soon as we answer and recognize who it is. It finally stopped.

My own mother, not long after my fathers death, was getting calls from supposed "account security" companies, telling her her account had been breached and they just needed some information from her to be able to better protect her account, she told them :no I am not that stupid, you called me and if there is really a problem, my bank will handle it, so I will call them", they then told her that her bank does not handle the security of her account and they would know nothing about it. She promptly hung up.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is getting increasingly harder to trust anyone anymore. My husband had something happen where he was hired for job.....verbally....took photo stats of his license, car insurance and ss# card....filled out the tax forms.......never called him to come to work. There's just too many loopholes for any security anymore to even make an informed decision or judgement call.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Crazybird, I had a situation which I was appalled that was an issue althogether.

Our 10 year old daughter was going to sign up for Girl Scouts last year. As a mother, I would have obviously done some volunteering. They said that in order for me to even enter the Scout meeting with my daughter, that I had to supply them with my social security number (supposedly to do a background check).

Now I am not opposed to the idea of a background check (however, there are sexual predators out there that have not EVEN been caught so then what good is that check?), for the safety of my own and other people's girls, but I told them that my brother, a former county deputy, said they can do it with your license and full name alone. They said, SSNO or nothing.

I refuse, these days, to have my social used for anything beyond paying taxes, that is all it was EVER intended to do when first set up, and there has been no changes in that, no provision for that.

This has become almost "the mark of the beast", being used to identify each person, and either make them into a "good person" (via credit records), or into a "bad person" (via credit again when there is financial duress on your record).

As well, it is now being used, oh so many times, against us, by criminals, who have only their best interest at heart, it is becoming Americans downfall, where only the elite, who have had the means to protect their identity, will come out unscathed.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now I am not opposed to the idea of a background check
    It's really gone haywire on that too.....they can pull up any citizens record for their entire life.....but a limited amout, if any, for an illegal.

The have made citizens sexual predators for dating a classmate....a thief for accidently walking out with a pen....a drug dealer for giving a friend an asprin...they have taken things to such extreems....nothing is right anymore.

I know with my husband I told him to stop putting his SS# on every application...like we used to...just say "will present upon hiring". Now this guy says you're hired....fill out every paper...photostat every document....yet not call to say when to come in. I mean how many have been told you are hired....but I haven't got the schedual figured out yet....I'll call you Monday. Used to be....they would. Now....forget it. But...try not doing it and see if you get the job.... Now most will say....if it was an agency that was legit...they wouldn't mind.....try it and see how many jobs call you. Right back to eat or not. The instant you demand proper procedure you are deemed a potential trouble maker. Granted for some jobs this is great.....but we are talking the jobs the poorest fight for....the ones illegals will supposidly only do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Right back to eat or not.
    Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Those skeptics can say what they like, but each step mankind has taken towards a time when not one person can do anything to survive, all freedoms will be taken away, each step has been part of this process. Social Security numbers are the beginning of that process. First it was making one accountable for their earnings and taxes (which took away personal accountability for being honest), then it became a way to secure debt (which made us all them indebted to someone), then when you wanted to get a job, it was used to verify you were someone they wanted, now.....renting, volunteering, insurance, all are now requiring it.

The next step in that process is that instead of being trusted that your SSNO is actually yours, they may begin to implant basically, your SSNO in a microchip under your skin, and your comings and goings will all be verified with this (no man will buy or sell). Without it, forget it, you will be on the fringes of society, and will likely go hungry, maybe eventually be treated as a criminal with something to hide.

Americans are subject to this intolerable scutiny yet illegal aliens and foreigners with expired work visas continue to hold jobs in this country. Why isn't E-Verify mandatory for employer verification of social security and immigration documents?

I think alot of these companies use the social security numbers if the illegal they hire can't get somekind of legal pathway. Not only do they get the social security number but in alot of cases they want your drivers license number too. So, then they can use that to their advantage as well.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!