Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

"We use E-Verify"

We just spent four days and three nights camping in a state campground near Tillamook, Oregon, along the Oregon coast. Of course, you have to go into the Tillamook Cheese factory for a tour, and they also have the Tillamook County Smoker, a processor of Tillamook beef jery (what do you do with all of those old milk cows after they do not produce as well?).

We stopped in at the smokers "outlet" store, due to the fact that my son and his friend and my husband insisted (two teenage guys and a 59 year old man and their beef jerky). The guys went into the main plant, which also had a side store with more products in it. When they entered the plant, there, plain as day was a sign that said:

"We use E-Verify"

Applaud them, contact them, tell them how much it is appreciated that they will hire only people legally here, only people who can be verified.

http://www.tcsjerky.com/

Buy from them online, support them. These coastal communities are small, and have limited jobs for the locals. They have had some inundation of illegal aliens who have been slowly working their way into the service jobs there, and into some on the less reputable dairy farms, and this is hurting the locals and legal immigrants who do live their, it is a huge loss when jobs go to someone not here legally.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just sent them my letter.

Here is the email address to use: general@tcsjerky.com

We also visited their web site and will make a purchase soon.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I love their jerky too. It is one of the best on the market here, and beats all the name brands.

I did not think to check while there, but assume that if their smoker plant uses E-Verfiy, so does the Tillamook Cheese Factory too. I plan to make a call and ask.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got this reply form teh marketing manager today:

Thanks! I appreciate the recommendations. It is difficult in this economy to find good employees but well worth the extra effort.

Good people, they deserve a big thanks and my wife and I were proud to tell them.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Makes me proud they are a major Oregon company, but are doing the right thing. So many here, in this liberal state, just take the easy and cheaper path. Most, if not all of the nurseries, now employ only illegal aliens. My mothers employer, a major dry cleaners in the Pacific Northwest, employs tons of illegals, and few Americans, but he has found he is paying for it in another way, the illegal employees were cheating him blind by stealing intake clothing and then it was written off of his insurance. Guess it was his "karma", eh?

GR
    Let's hope they don't get raided and find that some illegal aliens (plural, cause they run in packs) have used many of their alternate (fraudulent) identifications to get their jobs.

Oh, and I love their cheese. One of the best.

GR, the jerky is great. I am hoarding half a package. In the stores more inland it costs a lot more, so getting it so cheap was a treat, kind of like going to a Hostess outlet bakery store....you know, stuff you would normally not buy as much.

GR
    Oh yes, you reminded me once where I lived there was a bakery outlet. Nice stuff there.

I'd presume that with Hostess, since it is nationwide, there should be bakery outlets all over the nation. Thank goodness the one in our town is too far to go very often, we just do not need it (my husband would eat too much of it ).

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I have very little faith in those "We Use E-Verify" signs. I worked for a company that decided to use e-verify on all new hires and they made a major "pat on the back" press release about it.

1) The company refused to use e-verify on current employees because they knew that would force them to fire a decent percentage of their current employees.

2) The company spent an inordinate amount of money on "contract labor". At least 20% of the company's "employees" didn't technically work for the company. They worked for other companies that almost exclusively used cheap illegal labor. The upper management in the company where I was employed knew what they were doing and tried their best to bury their "contract labor" costs in the budget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast