Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: What Should American Citizens Do?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I have a very important question that I have been thinking about and have had difficulty accepting the answer. The question is, what should American citizens do if the government continues to take measures that are totally inconsistent with the will of the American people and violate the U.S. Constitution? Case in point...our own government has taken sides against one of it's own states and sided with a foreign country. Our own government has forsaken the average American citizen in favor of foreign nationals who have illegally entered and remain in the country. For the sake of simplicity I have focused on illegal immigration only (there are many other issues). Now I know a lot of you will say that the way we solve this problem is that we vote the bums out. Oh really? When was amnesty granted last with the consent of the American citizens? Answer, there was no consent. How many decades have we been dealing with the massive cost to each and every one of us but never been provided a real solution from our government? Answer, at least three decades. So now we are hurdling toward an economic abyss and complete destruction of our economy and country's social fabric. And we continue to say, let's vote the bums out? The answer to my own question hadn't anything to do with the ballot box. It came out of recognition of how we struggled for independence at a very high cost. Have we really become so pacifistic or just plain ignorant of our country's history?
    WELL IMO I SAY WHEN IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS DO THEY HAVE BEEN DRAWING ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES BY MARCHING IN THE STREETS OF AMERICA WHICH THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWEDTO DO. MAYBE WE SHOULD BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME AND MARCH OURSELVES. BY THIS I MEAN THAT THERE SHOULD BE A MARCH IN EVERY ONE OF THE LOWER 47 STATES WHERE ILLEGALS RESIDE. SINCE THEY ARE MARCHING FOR RIGHTS THAT THEY ARE NOT ENTITLED TO, WE SHOULD MARCH FOR THE RIGHT TO HAVE THEM REMOVED FROM THIS COUNTRY AND AS CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY, THIS IS OUR RIGHT EVERYTHING THEY ARE DOING IS TAKING A PAGE FROM THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT AND I'M SICK OF THEM DOING THAT. THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT TIME IN THIS COUNTRY, AND AS AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN I DETEST THEM FOR TAKING WHAT DON'T BELONG TO THEM. WE WERE IN NO WAY PAVING THE WAY FOR A BUNCH OF ILLEGAL ALIENS FROM MEXICO JMO

Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    our laws work just fine against US. careful out there kiddies.
    YOU ARE SPOT ON THERE MY FRIEND. WE SURE COULDN'T GET AWAY WITH MAINTAINING A PART OF FEDERAL RECREATION LAND FOR THE PURPOSE OF GROWING AND CULTIVATING POT, BUT THEY CAN. AND I'M GOING TO GO FAR ENOUGH TO SAY THAT THEY ARE GETTING THEIR CUT OF THE MONEY FROM THIS ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR

We can not solely depend on Nov to make changes. We need to draw the line in the sand NOW. And stick with it. Things are escalating to a breaking point here in America. We need to try to diffuse BEFORE it reaches the breaking point. Frankly, from what I have been hearing and reading we are close to that point now. The Tea Parties are just not cutting the mustard anymore. Americans need more ACTION. Americans are riled up and they need an outlet.........that's why we need to take to the streets....peacefully......we need a place to show that we are ACTING instead of just talking....BTW I am a proud Tea Party Lady myself.
    We the People. You the Invader

I'm ready for the pro-legal immigration demonstrations to start. I would surely participate, but I've heard of nothing being organized in my state. I have written to every politician I can think of and it does not seem to help. I'm ready to try something different besides sitting around hitting keys on my keyboard.

Let's not make us more of a target

From what I have been reading obama and his minions WANT us to act up so that martial law can be declared. They do not want us to vote in Nov and once that happens obama can practially do what he wants to. He can take away the phone, internet and shut down transportation and that means no grocery stores or pharmacies.

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    We can not solely depend on Nov to make changes. We need to draw the line in the sand NOW. And stick with it. Things are escalating to a breaking point here in America. We need to try to diffuse BEFORE it reaches the breaking point. Frankly, from what I have been hearing and reading we are close to that point now. The Tea Parties are just not cutting the mustard anymore. Americans need more ACTION. Americans are riled up and they need an outlet.........that's why we need to take to the streets....peacefully......we need a place to show that we are ACTING instead of just talking....BTW I am a proud Tea Party Lady myself.
    houston, I believe you are right. I am a Tea Party supporter. Actually, on the surface we see the Tea Party as a powerful and peaceful quasi-political movement. However, just under the surface there is an enormous anger and discontent with the government. I believe the Tea Party will keep pushing politically until such time "we" decide the time for talk is over. November and the following few months will tell the tale, IMO. If things haven't begun changing for the better than, who knows. An amnesty would certainly light the fuse.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

i feel the same frustration like all of you...

this is not just the "white race" against the latinos like so many anti arizona protestors are saying, we are from different nationality whose family immigrated to the USA legally and lawfully. We are Americans. We have different political party affiliation, some are non party voters. We are fed up with the government together. Our rights have been trampled. yet Washington seem to care more with the "rights" of illegals. how did we let this happened? Where did we , americans, went wrong? how do we fix it? who will listen to us?
    <div>Stop the Anchor Baby project illegals used to freeload taxpaying American Citizens! </div>

I think we need to peacefully protest 24/7 in a safe place with the proper permits if needed. In Europe the people take to the streets protesting. That's what other groups do. But our goal will not to be arrested.....and if our local media does not cover it then we stop supporting THEM. The slogan "Your either with us or against us" will tell the tale. If we do this and our local newspapers do not cover it then we stop buying the local newspapers. If the local TV stations do not cover it then it's the same for them. This will show who is with us or against us. My money can be spent at a different store than the one who is against Americans. I hear everyone talk about it but can and will you walk the walk? Me, I try to walk the walk. I went to the may day rally in houston this past may. There we not that many Americans there. There were more police than Americans. And no violence happened. I went last year to Austin to one of ALIPAC'S protests and less than 10 people showed up. Frankly, people like to complain but and say they will come but never show up. THAT is one reason we may lose all our freedoms. It's time for the arm chair Tea Party Freedom Loving person to get up and get involved.

houston, I believe you are right. I am a Tea Party supporter. Actually, on the surface we see the Tea Party as a powerful and peaceful quasi-political movement. However, just under the surface there is an enormous anger and discontent with the government. I believe the Tea Party will keep pushing politically until such time "we" decide the time for talk is over. November and the following few months will tell the tale, IMO. If things haven't begun changing for the better than, who knows. An amnesty would certainly light the fuse.

I think we need to peacefully protest 24/7 in a safe place with the proper permits if needed. In Europe the people take to the streets protesting. That's what other groups do. But our goal will not to be arrested.....and if our local media does not cover it then we stop supporting THEM. The slogan "Your either with us or against us" will tell the tale. If we do this and our local newspapers do not cover it then we stop buying the local newspapers. If the local TV stations do not cover it then it's the same for them. This will show who is with us or against us. My money can be spent at a different store than the one who is against Americans. I hear everyone talk about it but can and will you walk the walk? Me, I try to walk the walk. I went to the may day rally in houston this past may. There we not that many Americans there. There were more police than Americans. And no violence happened. I went last year to Austin to one of ALIPAC'S protests and less than 10 people showed up. Frankly, people like to complain but and say they will come but never show up. THAT is one reason we may lose all our freedoms. It's time for the arm chair Tea Party Freedom Loving person to get up and get involved.

houston, the Tea Parties are a great way to express your anger and concern. I have been to several here in the central Texas area (including Draw A Line) and they were really eye opening. Thousands of very ORDINARY people gathered to protest their out of control government.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

DJ
    I have mentioned this in other threads, but one of the most important things we can do is push for some kind of ID before anyone can V0TE. Voter fraud is an enormous danger for us all! Who is working on that? We need it in place before the Nov elections.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast