Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WORKING WITH ILLEGAL ALIEN

I am self-employed and recently one of my clients has had a management change. The new manager is an illegal alien. This a commercial property that I've worked hard for seven years now and have taken this place from poor to exellent. Now, ironically an illegal alien is the manager and even though she seems nice, given the current situation personaly I am having a problem working there now.

She was hired by a Board of Directors and they only care about $$$$$, so I know confronting them on this will not get me anywhere, they like her.

I know she is illegal as she told me she had to come to America illegally because other wise she would not have gotten in.

My mixed feelings are as follows:

1. Drop this client and move on, as I am not interested in working for/with an illegal alien, I achieved my goal there and it's time to move on. I have lost respect for the BOD for their hiring of this illegal alien.

2. Stay, as I have been responsible for much of their success with ratings A+ and don't feel like letting an illegal alien take credit for what I have worked very hard to achieve.

I am leaning toward #1 but what say you?
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

get her deported. make a phone call and have her deported. it is not fair that you should even have to be dealing with this situation. plus if she stays, they will hire more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, report her to ICE. Who knows. They might take action since she's admitted she's illegal.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=20
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would step away from that situation if you could afford to. I would also let the board know why you are leaving. I would tell them it is unlawful and unethical to hire an illegal alien and you can no longer do business with them. Don't burn any bridges and let them know that you would like to re-establish a working relationship, when they can guarantee that they will not hire illegal aliens and you need to include that in your contracts with them.

That illegal alien is putting a qualified American out of work.

Dixie

You really don't need to confront your employer or the Board of Directors. The law is on your side.

If it were me, I would contact ICE.

Also, I believe that if your employer and the Bd. of Directors realized that they could be implicated in Racketeering charges, they might change their tune. I've been reading about cases that are involved with illegals being used to suppress wages and bring costs down. The act is called RICO: the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

Maybe others can provide more input. Good luck -- it's a tough decision.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Call ICE immediately, not reporting a criminal or illegal act is also a crime.
    <div>If you love this nation, please stop illegal immigration.</div>

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Americanpatriot,

You really need to contact ICE and have this person deported. Don't just forget about the illegal and move on. That's like putting your hands up in surrender, meanwhile there is another illegal in this country. Take action now, as all Americans are fighting hard against illegal immigration.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I would step away from that situation if you could afford to. I would also let the board know why you are leaving. I would tell them it is unlawful and unethical to hire an illegal alien and you can no longer do business with them. Don't burn any bridges and let them know that you would like to re-establish a working relationship, when they can guarantee that they will not hire illegal aliens and you need to include that in your contracts with them.

That illegal alien is putting a qualified American out of work.

Dixie
    Thank you for your input I appreciate it. I have already decided to step away from that situation; it flies directly in the face of everything I am fighting for now and forever, and I will not be a traitor to America. I feel good about that decision.

Thank you...everyone for your input and I will take care of the B.O.D a little later on.

Re: WORKING WITH ILLEGAL ALIEN

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    I am self-employed and recently one of my clients has had a management change. The new manager is an illegal alien. This a commercial property that I've worked hard for seven years now and have taken this place from poor to exellent. Now, ironically an illegal alien is the manager and even though she seems nice, given the current situation personaly I am having a problem working there now.

She was hired by a Board of Directors and they only care about $$$$$, so I know confronting them on this will not get me anywhere, they like her.

I know she is illegal as she told me she had to come to America illegally because other wise she would not have gotten in.

My mixed feelings are as follows:

1. Drop this client and move on, as I am not interested in working for/with an illegal alien, I achieved my goal there and it's time to move on. I have lost respect for the BOD for their hiring of this illegal alien.

2. Stay, as I have been responsible for much of their success with ratings A+ and don't feel like letting an illegal alien take credit for what I have worked very hard to achieve.

I am leaning toward #1 but what say you?
    If you can afford it, move on.

But if you need the money, I say that you can in good conscience keep working there.

Reporting illegal alien: If you report the illegal alien, the person will know who reported her.

To be honest, would I have the courage to report her? I don't know. Probably not.

Would it be the right thing to do and report her? Probably. mirse

The context of the conversation I had with her went as follows:

I told her I was going to a Tom Tancredo rally and that led to a conversation about illegal immigration. I told her Americans don't mind Legal Immigration but it was the illegal aliens we are fighting against.

She then told me she came here illegally. I asked her Why - she told me she could not get in other-wise. She also said she just missed the 1986 amnesty, but that she is now a resident alien. What does that mean?

I apologize if I have created a problem by calling her an illegal alien if now she is a resident alien....I don't know the difference. But her comment of coming here illegally is what got my attention. Plus her comment who is going to pick the lettuce...which led to my view of that issue and that I grow my own lettuce. So, I can from the very start we are not ment to work together.

It does not matter...I've decided to replace this client with another an all American.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast