Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NM:What about our rights?

What about our rights?
    Alamogordo Daily News
    By Bill English, For the Daily News
    Article Launched: 04/17/2008 12:00:00 AM MDT

In light of the recent settlement between the Otero County Sheriff's Department, the ACLU and the other circling vultures, I have a proposal for the county commissioners: why not impose another excise tax on the citizens of Otero County and call it the "Free Ride Suck 'em Dry Pour it Down a Rat Hole Illegal Immigration Tax."

At least that way the citizens of Otero County will be able to rest in the knowledge of finally knowing for certain exactly where their tax money is going.

I cannot help but wonder as to what Otero County Sheriff John Blansett was thinking as he was negotiating a settlement with these clowns. I mean, on the surface it would appear that what essentially has happened is that he has agreed to not enforce any of the laws of the state and county and accede to the federal government's idea that despite the fact illegal immigrants are illegal, they are good for the country, in spite of the increase in crime, drugs and the drain on our social services.

But then again, perhaps, like the proverbial iceberg, what lies below the surface is more substantial.

I've known John Blansett for many years, and while I cannot say that we are friends, I can say that I respect him and that I have learned he is smart. I
    Advertisement
    also know that he makes his decisions based upon what is best for both the sheriff's department, its deputies and the citizens of Otero County. So don't be too ready to condemn him for the decisions he's made on this issue. I suspect that John was faced with a situation similar to that of having your tail catch fire and the only thing around that's wet is a puddle of gasoline.

I have to admit that while it would appear some of the methods used during the Chaparral incident may have been questionable, the results were dramatic. Crime did drop substantially for a period of time. And yes, it was unfortunate that four U.S. citizens were caught in the operation by mistake, but overall I would count the operation a success. At least until the ACLU got involved.

It's great that the ACLU is ever ready to stand to protect the rights of the people. But what about our rights? After all, don't we as Americans and citizens of Otero County have the right to live in a crime-free environment? Don't we have the right to have our tax dollars go toward serving our needs and the community? Don't we have the right to have our laws enforced? Apparently not.

It would seem that it is our lot and those of all Americans to suffer in silence and just keep footing the bill and our safety to those who don't really care one wit for America, but for what they can take from it.

For the record, and for what it's worth, the Otero County Sheriff's Department did the job it was supposed to do. It did it within the parameters that were established by law and operational procedures at the time.

What has now taken place is that the ACLU has pinned pointy ears on our deputies and turned them into Clay Aiken elf wannabes with no power other than to sing magical chants in the hope that one day the rule of law will return to the kingdom. It is an insult to the citizens of Otero County, to our sheriff's department, its deputies and to common sense. Yet for some unknown reason they have prevailed.

Go figureƉ

http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_895085 ... st_emailed

It's great that the ACLU is ever ready to stand to protect the rights of the people. But what about our rights? After all, don't we as Americans and citizens of Otero County have the right to live in a crime-free environment? Don't we have the right to have our tax dollars go toward serving our needs and the community? Don't we have the right to have our laws enforced? Apparently not.
    I don't think they care a hoot about our rights. It's almost like you had a decent life long enough and now you have to give up so we can't take it from you and give it to somebody else.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm wondering if this settlement isn't even legal. It seems it violates Federal law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't care if this freaking idot thinks that things are better to not enforce our laws. He is a paid public official who is not supposed to decide which laws are enforced. I say fire the idiot now.