Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Lejeune Immigrants Follow-up

www.wnct.com

Lejeune Immigrants Follow-up
    Sherrie Evans
    WNCT Channel 9
    Monday, November 7, 2005

They were working for construction companies on base and had counterfeit immigration documents. But it's not the first time this has happened. it's a story Nine On Your Side has been tracking for months.

In the other incidents, undocumented workers were detained and released. That's because Camp Lejeune doesn't have the authority to make arrests. But this incident is different. Camp Lejeune says U-S Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, or ICE made a surprise visit during screening and booked illegal workers. Nine On Your Side's Sherrie Evans went to a local Congressman to find out if he's concnerned about the security on our state's military base.

August 2005, Camp Lejeune got a tip about undocumented workers on base.

Military police started doing random searches on workers coming in. They found 74-workers without proper I-D with in the next two months. November second, 21 more were found. this time they were arrested by Immigrations, Customs and Enforcement officers. Ice has been tight-lipped for months, so we took unanswered concerns to Congressman Walter B. Jones.

Sherrie: Even though random screenings are taking place, it doesn't seem to be stopping workers from "trying" to get in. What more needs to be done here?"

Jones: "It's my understanding that from these commanders they're gonna make sure if you, as a contractor get an opportunity to come on base and do work.. that the base is gonna know that everyone in your group coming on base is here legally."

Congressman Jones doesn't know how base officials are going to do this, however says the military is ready to put a plan in place, ensuring security. Jones doesn't consider this a breech in security yet, but will, if this continues to happen. Meanwhile, he thinks the military has a handle on the issue, saying they know what they need to do and they're going to do it.

Sherrie Evans, Eyewitness News Nine On Your Side.

We called Ice several times today and they did not return our call. Meanwhile, Lt. Clark Carpenter says officials are working on a new way to screen, but he would not release anymore details at this time.

[/img]
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why am I not surprised that the reporter has not gotten a return call from ICE???? THESE are MILITARY BASES where these incidents continue to happen. If the military is not allowed to arrest these people, then ICE should post an agent at every military facility in our country.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

In the other incidents, undocumented workers were detained and released.
    Released? In August, a tip led federal agents to arrest 39 suspected illegal immigrants at Camp Lejeune. Were they arrested or weren't they?

They found 74-workers without proper I-D with in the next two months. November second, 21 more were found. this time they were arrested by Immigrations, Customs and Enforcement officers
    Jones doesn't consider this a breech in security yet, but will, if this continues to happen. Meanwhile, he thinks the military has a handle on the issue, saying they know what they need to do and they're going to do it.
    Just what does Jones call a breech of security I wonder?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sure would like to see ICE hit Sunny Point Military Ocean Terminal in Southport. They claim tight security but I know they are sneaking around there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Have you tried reporting that to ICE, COI??? Just curious to see if they would even BOTHER to respond.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

No not yet. I will try before the week is over.

Keep us posted. I'm interested to see if they actually even RESPOND, COI. GO GET 'EM!