Excerpt from the Glenn Beck Radio Show today:

Glenn Beck: More Violence on the Border

June 27, 2008 - 3:00 ET

GLENN: Let's go to Phoenix and Darrell Ankarlo who is at our sister station or our affiliate, KTAR in Phoenix, Arizona, and he's doing a lot on the border. You got a new book out that really shows the border unlike anything, anything else I've ever read, Darrell.

ANKARLO: Thank you for that. By the way, hope you're feeling better, hope you don't snap and I hope I'm somewhat intelligent on the Closed Line Friday.

GLENN: Not really. Okay. So Darrell, tell me what happened because I'm reading these reports that Mexican military invaded a home in Phoenix, Arizona. True or false?

ANKARLO: Shaky details. Let me tell you what happened. On last Sunday night about 11:00, seven or eight guys burst into a home almost like Scarface. If you remember the end of that movie, it was like a Scarface kind of a scene. Seven or eight guys with fully automatic weapons, just blow the place to smithereens. Inside the house happens to be, you know, a guy who sells drugs. I mean, one of our upstanding members of society. It was a drug house and it was a place where they would routinely sell the marijuana. Apparently drug fight breaks out, they blow this guy to smithereens. The cops are saying 100 bullets. An inside cop source that I talked to last night said it was double that. So then they take off because the cops arrive. Three of these guys go into an alley, Glenn, and they get out of their vehicle because the cops now have helicopters and vehicles surrounding the place and they put down their weapons and as they're being arrested, one of the arresting officers to talked to me yesterday on this personally said as he was arresting the guy he said, you know, what is your background. You know, debriefing him. And the guy says, well, I have a military background. Now, some in town are suggesting that it was Mexican military background but what I'm understanding is the cops are still trying to figure it out.

Here's what we know. The three who were arrested, two of them definitely illegal immigrants. The third said that he was a U.S. citizen but now as of last night I was told he, too, was illegal. All three have been arrested here. All three have had major criminal problems in America. All three were deported, so they come back. But here's the kicker. As the arresting officer is putting the cuffs on him, the guy whispers. He says, you're lucky we didn't have the ammo, or something to that effect. And the cop says, well, what are you talking about. He said, our goal was to ambush you in this alley. Our goal was to kill you in this alley. And the cop says, and why would you do that? And he said, because this is our country and we want you to know we're taking it back. All happened in this town.

Here's the problem. Remember I said it was seven or eight guys who broke in. The other guys took off in another vehicle. We have no idea where they are. All we know is according to officers they had enough ammo to wipe out a small town. Where they are --

GLENN: Wait, wait.

ANKARLO: -- we don't know.

GLENN: So how reliable is your source that the guy said that to the police officer? Because that's pretty --

ANKARLO: He was one of the arresting officers. We vetted him before we put him on the air and we backed this up with another source within the police department. The guy is who -- you know, my source, Glenn, is who he claimed to be on the show yesterday. And I had the head of the police union on the show for an hour and a half yesterday. I mean, this turned into a major war on the air on the show because the police trying to downplay this and I said, you know what, here's the deal. Let's take Mexican out of it, Mexican military out of it. Let's remove that completely. Let's just all agree, and everybody agreed this was the drug cartel that you've been talking about for months on your show, but instead of Yuma, Arizona or instead of a Texas border town, this is in Phoenix, Arizona, the fifth largest city in the United States of America. And according to the police department they have seen much more of this kind of violence, these kinds of fights in the last five months than they've ever seen. And, of course, they're saying it won't be tolerated, we're going to stop it. The issue is the drug cartel is now moving up to the big cities and are pulling out the big guns and it's like, screw you, we can kill at will in Mexico, we'll do the same thing in America; what are you going to do to us.

GLENN: So Darrell, what is happening? What is the police, what are they protecting? Why are they keeping this down? Why is this not again playing all across the country?

ANKARLO: Yeah.

GLENN: Because I don't see this everywhere, and every time -- there's a story that I have, and we're still checking it out and you know what, I don't even feel comfortable enough. It looks like it's accurate, but I'm not sure yet. So I don't even want to carry it on the air. But there is a possibility that someone who is very high ranking in the United States government with Homeland Security has had a family member kidnapped down on the border and they're sending messages. Now, if this indeed turns out to be true -- first of all, why isn't that story everywhere? Why aren't the stories of the 70 missing Americans or the heads, the actual heads that are being put on fence posts just across our border, why aren't those stories getting out there?

ANKARLO: By the way, Glenn, the heads that you're talking about, I saw some of those on your website. When my son, Adam, came home from Fallujah, and this was the big fight, this was the major fight, he brought pictures back that equaled what you show on your website except that was in a time of war in Fallujah, Iraq. The stuff you show on your website comes from dog gone Mexico, two hours from where I live. But here's the answer. If you've got a city and you need convention business and you need businesses to move to town and you need commerce to grow, the last thing in the world you can afford is to have people know that you've got drug cartels running crazy and/or Mexican military out of control. So you are going to quell it.

Let me give you another stat. The number one kidnapping capital in the United States of America according to law enforcement is a little town that you've lived in called Phoenix, Arizona. Nobody talked about that, either. And let's go back to Mexico for a minute, Glenn. What goes on in Mexico on a daily basis literally. I need 5,000 bucks, I kidnap you, I call the family, they say okay, we'll give you the money and they drop me off at a corner sometime that night. They are bringing this crap to our country, and you are right. They are trying to keep this stuff down.

Let me hit you, and I know you're running, you know, real late today, but black boots, black BDUs, that's your tactical gear, they had Phoenix police raid shirts. Nobody knows where these guys got those. Handguns, AR-15s, aim point sights. Those are the sights my son, a sniper in Fallujah used. Body armor, ballistic helmets, thigh holsters. These are what these guys were wearing when they went into this house. I mean, these guys were military, they were commando, if anything they were drug cartel, and the details get buried. And you are right, nobody wants to talk about it. And when I do, I'm a hater and I'm a racist and how dare you bring this up at the forefront.

GLENN: I know. Darrell, I have to commend you on what you have done already. You've got a book out. It's called Another Man's Sombrero and it details your trip across the border, how easy it is, stuff that I have never read any place else. It's in the book, Another Man's Sombrero and it is in bookstores everywhere. Now, Darrell, we'll talk to you again, my friend. Stay safe in Phoenix, Arizona.

ANKARLO: Hope you feel better, man.

GLENN: Thanks. By the way, we will have the blog on this. Darrell has outlined this whole thing. You'll be able to read about it in great detail. We'll include it in our free e-mail newsletter today at GlennBeck.com. You can sign up for it. It's on the upper right-hand corner of GlennBeck.com. Sign up for the free newsletter and you will get all of these details plus this audio and so much more in today's free e-mail newsletter at GlennBeck.com.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articl ... 198/11945/