Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here’s an energy plan right out of Oz, er, Obama-land

[b]

Here’s an energy plan right out of Oz, er, Obama-land

Mark Landsbaum
    Orange Punch
    August 3, 2008

Only someone wedded to the idea the government can - and should - fix every one of society’s ills, could come up with an energy proposal like this one.

Barry Hussein Obama called Friday for a $1,000 “emergencyâ€

This makes as much sense as McCain's and Hillary's gas-tax holiday for the summer months. Why pick on only oil companies? There are Microsoft and Halliburton, as well as retroactively taxing all those banks and mortgage lenders that made so much money during the real estate boom.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Words escape me on what I am feeling when I think that thier is a good chance this guy will be our next president.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

I need a bumber sticker that says "my Border Collie is smarter than the Democratic Presidential candidate".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I need a bumber sticker that says "my Border Collie is smarter than the Democratic Presidential candidate".
    Shouldn't that be that your Border Collie is smarter than both Presidential candidates? I mean, afterall, McCain is an NAU sellout and globalist as much as Barak Bamboo is.

While Obama's proposal may not be very sincere---it comes across as an attempt to buy votes---I don't necessarily agree that the market place alone should set the standards of supply, demand and price. We need petroleum for a lot more things in our economy than just fuel. There are hundreds of things made from petroleum, for both export products and domestic usage and to run out of petroleum or have to pay sky high prices for it would send many businesses into a downward spiral. Yes there are substitutes coming on the market. These substitutes will also have their economic variables and thus can suddenly become at the mercy of a volatile market. Assuming that usage of personal vehicles will continue---and conservatives generally oppose federally subsidized mass transit--asphalt is one product that we will still need. And lots of it.

Obama also says that we need to develop energy alternatives, i.e. green energy. We should get beyond looking at the present cost of alternatives and figure out, instead, what would be the worldwide demand if they are affordable. This could give us a great new source of export revenue. And we need all of that we can get as our export products are copied and hijacked by developing countries. Republicans should humble themselves a little and admit that we do need energy alternatives. Furthermore, reliance on nuclear power as McCain advocates could be a dangerous Trojan Horse. What if Somalia decides it wants to build a nuclear plant, too? Or Libya? I think we've got a big enough problem with Iran doing it. How many burgeoning nuclear energy nations does this world need, anyway?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Good point, Captainron. The waste in this country can be encapsuled into the trip to the grocery store. The mass of plastic bags alone that you get there, sometimes with one item, like eggs in its own bag. The fuel that is used to manufacture and package these products, plus shipping them (avocados from Mexico and oranges from South Africa, for one example) is why food costs are going up and people are losing jobs to cheap illegal labor or even cheaper offshoring of jobs.
    There are plenty of viable alternatives, including steam power (designed by a little company in FL) which runs on any fuel, made from algae or coal powder.
    We just need leadership. I am very afraid.

I wonder if i can turn into a Duck before the next Election for potus
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*