Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NV: Mexicans leaving, but Mex. Consulate expanding in Vegas

Does this make any sense ....Mexicans are leaving Las Vegas b/c there's no jobs and yet the Mexican government is expanding its consulate to a space 5 times its current size? What gives? Do they expect that their Senator Harry Reid will ram amnesty down our throats so that they will have plenty of clientele to 'service"?

Mexican Consulate expanding to keep up with need

Updated: Feb 4, 2009 07:03 PM

Katherine Whaley reporting

They're a big part of the Las Vegas economy. And now many of them are finding jobs somewhere else.

The Mexican consulate here in Las Vegas is doing what it can to help local workers during these tough times. That means expanding their facility to meet the growing demands.

The consul general of Mexico doesn't take long to identify the number one concern for Mexicans living in Las Vegas. "The economy, the layoffs, because many Mexicans are integrated into the mainstream of society here in Las Vegas," Mariano Lemus said.

Jose Orozco is trying to hang onto his job. "I work, I'm a janitor, I have two kids and a wife," he explains. "I try to work it every day."

Today, he's filling out paperwork for proper identification so he can stay here. "I have friends going all over the United States, leaving from here, Vegas, because there's no more employment here."

But with the shrinking economy also comes a longer wait for people filling out paperwork for a one-way ticket back to Mexico. "Before we used to get ten to twelve people, now we are getting about 26-40 every day," Lemus said.

The Mexican consulate sees hundreds of people every day, and if you come by, you'll probably see a line out the door. With the needs of the Mexican community in Las Vegas growing, they're making a move to a bigger facility.

The new office, located at Hoover and 6th, will be five times the size of the current one. The consul general hopes that with the new location there will be new hope for Mexicans building a life in Las Vegas. "There are a lot of people - entrepreneurs, teachers, technicians - that are working and are very involved in the Nevada community, the Vegas community," Lemus explains.

The consul general told us that many workers are taking jobs in other fields. Many of them are leaving the service or construction industry in Las Vegas for jobs in agriculture in California.

The new consulate is set to open in May.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=9790515

Orlando: Mex. Consulate buys 5.5 million dollar bldg

.....I guess the Mexican illegals have invaded central Florida as well...and gee, the poor Mexicans somehow came up with 5.5 million dollars in this economy to buy a building in Orlando to set up a new Consulate....I guess that means there are now 49 Mex. Consulates in the U.S......WHY?

Text size: increase text sizedecrease text size
    CB Richard Ellis closes $5.5M office building sale

Jerry W. Jackson | Sentinel Staff Writer
    10:50 AM EST, February 5, 2009

The Orlando office of CB Richard Ellis commercial real estate company said this morning that one of its top brokers helped arrange the recent sale of a spacious office building in Orlando Executive Center that will serve as a new Consulate of Mexico in Orlando.

The 24,700 square foot office building on Technology Drive sits on 6.5 acres of land and includes 4.5 acres for additional expansion.

The sale price for the property and two-story building, constructed in 2008 was $5.55 million. Nan McCormick, senior vice president, represented the seller, a limited liability company called 2580 Technology Drive LLC.

The purchaser, The United Mexican States, through the Consulate of Mexico in Orlando, was represented by John Hussey, president of RealTrend Inc.

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    The expansion will probably be funded by the illegal alien jobs and benefits stimulus using illegal alien labor......
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

C'mon, Katie Couric. Why don't you do a report on the Stealth Takeover?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)