Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Boxer Asks General To Call Her "Senator" And

Boxer Asks General To Call Her "Senator" And Not "Ma'am"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... _maam.html

"We the People" and the General have worked HARD for the $MONEY$ you spend Fire this NUT, she is so stupid that she doesn't know when a General is being so respectful to her. Everyone in her district needs to view her action toward our General. Does she think she is that greater than "We the People" who elects Congress? She must
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And this is why California is destroyed. We have left wing kooks like Boxer. Corrupt, arrogant, naive and the idiots in this state continue to re-elect her. This country is getting what it deserves.

WHO CARES if your called senator or Maam,
    did you call him General?

Washington, D.C.(202) 224-3553 (202) 224-0454 fax
    Sacramento(916) 448-2787 (916) 448-2563 fax
    San Francisco (415) 403-0100 (202) 224-0454 fax
    Los Angeles(213) 894-5000 (202) 224-0357 fax
    Fresno(559) 497-5109 (559) 497-5111 fax
    San Diego(619) 239-3884 (619) 239-5719 fax
    Inland Empire(909) 888-8525 (909) 888-8613 fax

Boxer is lucky the General called her Ma'am... if it would have been me, I would have called her "Traitor Boxer"....

Quote Originally Posted by American-ized
    Boxer is lucky the General called her Ma'am... if it would have been me, I would have called her "Traitor Boxer"....
    I have some other names for her, but it would get me banned. Boxer and Feinstien are two peas in a pod. Especially when it comes to anti gun legislation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I skimmed through some comments at this link. One said he watched the event and the general called the male senators as sir. Another said in the military ma'am and sir are a sign of respect. And basically that she is not royalty, so therefore does not need the 'title' before her name. Some interesting comments here.

I take it she's up for re-election next year?

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/06/17 ... e-senator/

Tim
    12:53PM Jun 18th 2009
    Male senators are referred to as Sir as well, especially from the military, who are trained to address superior officers as 'sir' and 'maam' It is a sign of respect from military personnel.

Boxer's ego can't take that respect from the military, everyone has to address her in her own prescribed way for her ego to be soothed. This is not about the General showing a lack of respect,it is about a woman with low self-esteem demanding that others cater to her.

A truly humble person would not even have addressed the issue.

mpsewell17
    11:35AM Jun 18th 2009
    Are you kidding me?!?! He wouldn't care at all if you called him sir. Do you not know ANYTHING about the military? I've spent the past 8 years of my life in the military and am now in college. Anyone who "outranks" you is referred to as SIR or MA'AM.

lcppalm
    10:50AM Jun 17th 2009
    "Could you say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?' It's just a thing. I worked so hard to get that title.".......Take note, she did not end her request with either General or Sir. To say she worked hard for her title, well I believe the General worked a hell of a lot harder for his title. She's demanding respect, she ought to be showing some herself.

Barbara Boxer: 'Call Me Senator'
    To bad SNL is out for break, this would be a perfect skit. I have to watch the video again -this piece says that the general interjects with 'yes ma'am.' Sweet....

June 18, 2009 by
    Mark Whittington

Senator Barbara Boxer (D) California is a woman who is very jealous of her dignity and of proper forms of address, as Brigadier General Michael Walsh found out to his cost during a recent Senate hearing.

"Brig. Gen. Michael Walsh, with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, was testifying on the Louisiana coastal restoration process in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. He began to answer one of Boxer's questions with "ma'am" when Boxer immediately cut him off.
    Barbara Boxer: 'Call Me Senator'

"'You know, do me a favor,' a piqued Boxer said. 'Could say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?''

"'Yes, ma'am,' Walsh interjected.

"'It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you,' she said.

"'Yes, senator,' he responded.

People in the military are trained to refer to people higher in the chain of command as "sir" or "ma'am." It is certain that General Michael Walsh meant no disrespect to Senator Barbara Boxer when he referred to her in the same way that he would have referred to, say, a female Lt. General or even the President were the President a female. According to Hot Air's Allahpundit, General Walsh referred to the male Senators at the hearing as "sir" without receiving even a dirty look for any faux pas in protocol.

Allahpundit went on to ask, "Is Boxer's ego so fragile and her method so imperious that she'd publicly humiliate a guy whom she has no reason to believe is being anything less than respectful?"

It should be noted that the Queen of England, a title with a little more history and perhaps a little more exalted than that of United States Senator, is referred to as "ma'am" by anyone who is given the privilege to greet her, peasant or President. Nor does Queen Elizabeth get snippy at violations of protocol, such as the time First Lady Michelle Obama started to paw her as if she were an old sorority sister.

Of course one can respond that the Queen of England got to be Queen of England by just being born in the right family. Senator Barbara Boxer got to be a United States Senator by gulling a majority of the people of the state of California into voting for her; a task that may be harder than it looks.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... nator.html

**Go to the link to see a video of Boxer go after Inhofe. (Who is running against her next year? Hope it's a good candidate. It's good to be strong and assertive but I have been reading what a liberal mess she is.)

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/03/21/v ... les-honor/

Video: Boxer squares off with Inhofe to defend Goracle’s honor
    posted at 5:33 pm on March 21, 2007 by Allahpundit
    Send to a Friend | Share on Facebook | printer-friendly

Oh, long shall this glorious moment of fightin’ fightiness live in the annals of nutroots fighty fightingdom! I’ll pass on the obvious observation about what the reaction would have been if a Republican had pulled this kind of power trip on a Democrat and ask you instead to imagine it with the gender roles reversed. Not just the reaction in the hearing room, either; listen closely at the very end here and you’ll catch CNN anchor Don Lemon muttering “good for herâ€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast