Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CALL: E-VERIFY Amendment Offered Today! (07/08/09)(PASSED!)

Sen. Sessions Offers E-Verify Amendment to DHS Appropriations Bill

Updated Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 8:01 AM

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) introduced an amendment to the Senate Homeland Security Appropriations bill that would require federal contractors to use E-Verify and permanently reauthorize the workplace verification tool, which is set to expire this fall. The Senate is expected to vote on the amendment on Wednesday.

Sessions offered a five-year E-Verify extension to the omnibus spending bill in March, but the amendment was tabled by a 47-to-50 vote (see tracker to the right).

E-Verify has been endorsed by members of the Obama Administration, including DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano.

"The Administration strongly supports E-Verify as a cornerstone of worksite enforcement and will work to continually improve the program to ensure it is the best tool available to prevent and deter the hiring of persons who are not authorized to work in the United States," Napolitano said.

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) offered a similar amendment to the House version of the Homeland Security Appropriations bill, requiring the mandatory use of E-Verify, but it was defeated in committee. An amendment offered by Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) that would prevent DHS funding used to employ illegal workers as defined in the Immigration and Nationality Act passed during a floor vote.

For many NumbersUSA members, there is a phone note on your Action Buffet with instructions to call your Senator(s).

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... -bill.html

AND - House of Representatives:

Rep. Jack Kingston Offers E-Verify Amendments to House Appropriation Mark-ups

Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 7:03 AM

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) has offered E-Verify amendments to the appropriation mark-ups for both the 2010 Energy and Finance spending bills and is expected to offer the same amendments on Friday during the mark-ups of the Labor and Health and Human Services spending bills.

Rep. Kingston, a member of the House Appropriations Committee which marks up the bills before they reach the House floor for a final vote, has offered the same E-Verify amendments to other 2010 spending bills already considered by the Committee. The amendments would require that federal contractors receiving funding from any of the bills use E-Verify to ensure their workers are documented workers.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... e-ups.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

We must all fight until we get OUR country back.

Thank you for the notice, I will call.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will be happy to call about this issue. It's such an important tool. Thanks for posting.

April
    We won Round 1, please help with Round 2!!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-921143.html#921143

To Sen. Gillibrand:

Dear Sen. Gillibrand,
    I urge you to please support the SAVE Act. I was very let down when you changed so many of your positions just 3 days after becoming my Senator. I sincerely believe most New Yorkers preferred your original positions but you gave into the Special Interest groups that are controlling NY politics.

To Sen Schumer:

Dear Sen. Schumer,
    I urge you to please support the SAVE Act. I would also like for you to represent American Citizens of NY and STOP advocating for Illegal Aliens! Could you please respond and tell me how your stance on immigration issues is representative of New Yorkers?

Sent through my Action Buffet.

I've got C-SPAN on right now and their talking about Southern border security, that 'we' are refusing to secure the border as citizens want, that 'we' didn't meet the requirement of finishing the double layer fence required by law -DHS funding

can't tell if the Sessions vote happened yet or not

Jim DeMint speaking -making great sense

Sessions is now speaking

get on C-SPAN

The vote recorded for the DeMint Fence Amendment is here-
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-162333.html

The vote recorded for the Sessions EVerify Amendment is here-
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-162331.html

E-Verify PASSES!

Date: Wednesday 8JUL09 Noon EDT

Sessions E-Verify & DeMint fence amendments pass!!!!!! But need calls for 2 more amendments

FRIENDS, YOU WON!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you who made emergency calls to Senators this morning. You won.
    • Sen. Sessions (R-Ala.) after multiple failures finally got approval of an amendment to require E-Verify for all employees on federal contracts. We got 53 votes.
    • Sen. DeMint (R-S.C.) won on an amendment to require the completion of 700 miles of fencing along the Mexican border. We got 54 votes.

Let's celebrate later because we have two more opportunities this afternoon to tighten enforcement against illegal immigration and to help unemployed Americans to get jobs.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

April

Re: E-Verify PASSES!

[quote="bigtex"]From: Roy Beck, President, NumbersUSA
    Date: Wednesday 8JUL09 Noon EDT

Sessions E-Verify & DeMint fence amendments pass!!!!!! But need calls for 2 more amendments

FRIENDS, YOU WON!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you who made emergency calls to Senators this morning. You won.
    • Sen. Sessions (R-Ala.) after multiple failures finally got approval of an amendment to require E-Verify for all employees on federal contracts. We got 53 votes.
    • Sen. DeMint (R-S.C.) won on an amendment to require the completion of 700 miles of fencing along the Mexican border. We got 54 votes.

quote]

GREAT!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast