Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Beginning Of The End: Sarah Palin Hijacks The Tea Party Move

Beginning Of The End: Sarah Palin Hijacks The Tea Party Movement
    By Kleinheider

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/ ... -movement/

Posted on February 7, 2010 at 7:33 am

The tea party movement is dead. The one I was familiar with anyway. Judson Phillips held it down and Sarah Palin drove a stake right through its heart live last night on C-Span in front of an unsuspecting audience.

Sarah Palin didn’t give a tea party speech last night. She gave a partisan Republican address. It was a purely political speech designed to position her for a presidential run in 2012 or 2016. Period. She wasn’t there to celebrate the organic nature of a movement she had nothing to do with creating. She was there to co-opt the name and claim the brand as hers. And she did.

The movement, that came to be officially recognized almost a year ago but whose roots go back further than that, has been snuffed out and replaced in the public mind. The movement that began as a people’s movement of angry independent, libertarians and conservatives will now be thought as the movement of people like Palin, Dick Armey, Judson Phillips, Mark Skoda, etc. Essentially, a wholly owned subsidiary of the “Official Conservative Movementâ€
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Sarcasism here: I say we go the way of Sarah Palin, Bush, Obama and John McCain and give amnesty to the multi millions of illegals here stealing the few jobs we have !!

Palin has little cheat notes written on her hand, because she is so dumb; but here is what she will always say:

We have to shore up our economy (yep... give our jobs away to terrorists and other felons who crossed the borders illegally)

We have to reign in spending (sure, your support of John McCain and his scamnesty means we have 12,000,000 more welfare recipients)

We need to beef up our national security (yep.. I personally am not as worried about Afghanistan's border as I am of the United States border where terrorists pour in on a daily basis)

Those are the only three lines she knows at the moment.. But all three are majorly misguided.

As far as I can tell this is just another opinion piece by someone else who would like the Tea Party movement to just go away.

I do not think one speech by Sarah Palin makes it HER Tea Party Movement.
    Palins ideas are not the only ones Tea Partiers are listening to and the movement does seem to be about Ideas and choosing good candidates. Not necessairly Democrats, Republicans, Independents or whatever, but good honest candidates with the interest of America and following our Constitution foremost in their minds. It doesn't matter what party they are from as long as they are not career politicians. Real people who know what it is to run a business, or to struggle like most people do and live under the government we now have. For once we need someone the people will be able to put into office and who are not so wealthy they can buy their way in.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Shad, I agree. The tea party needs to continue to get the career politicians out of Washington. It is definitely time for some new blood...

I have never understood why we don't have term limits for the Congress, but do for the President. The majority of the Congress atm should have had a 2 hour term limit, lolol..

Maybe that should be the tea party's next campaign.. term limits. End the career politicians.

My only thought about term limits is that it kind of takes away the leverage we might hold over them.. If they have nothing to fear, they might have voted for the healthcare bill regardless, because their job will be over anyway so there is nothing to lose. They will at least get their agenda thru and let someone else face the cleanup.

Shad wrote:
    As far as I can tell this is just another opinion piece by someone else who would like the Tea Party movement to just go away.

I agree. This author, Kleinheider, is either waaaay over-reacting to ONE speech by Palin, or he is a liberal (or GOP loyalist) who doesn't want the Tea Party movement to survive.

I'm not a big Palin fan, and from what I've seen of her recently, such as her campaigning for McCain, I'm liking her even LESS. I think it might be true she is just a RepubliCON Party hack trying to hijack the Tea Party Movement. If so, that just means Palin needs to go away. It certainly doesn't mean the death of the Tea Party. This movement is waaaay stronger than any one person.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Shad wrote:

I agree. This author, Kleinheider, is either waaaay over-reacting to ONE speech by Palin, or he is a liberal (or GOP loyalist) who doesn't want the Tea Party movement to survive.

I'm not a big Palin fan, and from what I've seen of her recently, such as her campaigning for McCain, I'm liking her even LESS. I think it might be true she is just a RepubliCON Party hack trying to hijack the Tea Party Movement. If so, that just means Palin needs to go away. It certainly doesn't mean the death of the Tea Party. This movement is waaaay stronger than any one person.
    I totally agree with you builditnow....I too am not a fan of Sarah Palin but I think the Tea Party can do a lot of good. It is a lot stronger than any one person and especially politicians and Palin is a Politician.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

My only thought about term limits is that it kind of takes away the leverage we might hold over them.. If they have nothing to fear, they might have voted for the healthcare bill regardless, because their job will be over anyway so there is nothing to lose. They will at least get their agenda thru and let someone else face the cleanup.
    Having nothing to fear is a consideration. However, in the long run, I would take this risk over the certainty of professional politicians wielding power over us when they have had no connection to average Americans in decades. Look at the damage done by Ted Kennedy alone. Not to mention Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, etc.. We, as a nation, would have been far better off if these people had not been elected in the first place, let alone re-elected over and over again. And not necessarily because they are so loveable...Under the present system incumbents have a tremendous advantage over challengers.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Why is it, that everytime a movement or effort accidently steps in dog-doo, the whole thing is made to look like it will keel over and croak?

Some folks have stepped in dog doo before, so all that needs to be done, is scrape the slime off the sole of your shoe or boot, and go on ahead as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Why is it, that everytime a movement or effort accidently steps in dog-doo, the whole thing is made to look like it will keel over and croak?

Some folks have stepped in dog doo before, so all that needs to be done, is scrape the slime off the sole of your shoe or boot, and go on ahead as usual.
    I think a movement that just steps in dog doo is made to look like it will keel over and croak, by those people who want the movement to keel over and croak.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast