Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Immigrants key to economy's revival

Immigrants key to economy's revival
    By JOEL KOTKIN | 3/24/10 5:27 AM EDT

In Washington on Sunday, the tens of thousands of demonstrators demanding immigration reform looked like the opening round of the last thing the country needs now: another big debate on a divisive issue.

Yet Congress seems ready to take on immigration, which has been dividing Americans since the republic was founded.

But identifying immigrants as a “them,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Immigrants started one-quarter of all venture-backed public companies between 1990 and 2005. In addition, large U.S. firms are increasingly led by executives with roots in foreign countries, including 14 CEOs of the 2007 Fortune 100.
    This editorial writer seemingly equates being an illegal alien with being an advanced science professional legal immigrant. A closer examination shows that high tech companies are started by teams and that immigrant start up activity on the part of immigrants is not higher than the native born in the professions.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    Not one word in here about how the SBA practically writes checks on the spot to immigrants who look for free money. In the area I lived in CA, there was a nail school that received so much money from the federal government for educating immigrants that they printed the textbook in Cantonese. When are we going to promote out own kids? Mine our high schools for future doctors and nurses instead of India, China and Japan. I read we have such a shortage in the nurse field we import them from other countries. It's no wonder our kids are doing drugs and committing suicide at a higher rate than ever.

There is no nursing shortage the conditions are so bad compared with pay that large numbers of qualified drop out mid career. Bringing in nurses willing to accept the situation maintains status quo and does not help bring the Americans back to work.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote] In the years ahead, these new Americans, nonwhites and [i][b]the “blendedâ€
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm blended I am White Black and Asian Indian with Latino and American Indian relatives.

WHAT A CROCK

WHAT A CROCK OF S#@T,,,

We can debate the fraud in the H1B and other visa programs for cheap labor tech workers, but here is the is the bottom line on any amnesty:

"the overall benefit to GDP would amount to about 1 percent a year. The benefits of that modest increase would accrue almost entirely to the amnestied aliens and their direct employers, while devastating America's most vulnerable workers and would likely be more than offset by huge increases in social costs."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)