Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

What Caused The Oil Rig Fire on Earth Day

The blast, subsequent fire and oil spill occurred on Earth Day, April 22, 2010. Coincidence? Possibly

What Caused The Oil Rig Fire Off The Louisiana Coast?

By Jim Campbell
    Saturday, May 1, 2010

The media coverage of the of the oil rig disaster off the Louisiana coast is filled with the usual stories about damage to the environment, the need for and future of off shore drilling, President Obama’s statement that we must revisit future plans for off shore drilling seem all to predictable. Why are virtually no articles focusing on the cause?

The LA Times reported today in an excellent review on drilling technology explained, BP officials said it is too early to know details about how the gulf blast occurred. But they said the rig operators had tapped a new reservoir of oil and were preparing to install a cement plug through the pipes to cap it for future production. It’s possible gas rose up through the riser and exploded. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greensp ... ained.html

Notice the BP official used the term possible not probable. In statical analysis, the probability of an event happening is a probability of 1 in 4.

“It has a one in four chance of happening,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sinking of Transocean's deepwater semi-submersible

Oil Spill a Catastrophe of Monumental Proportions: Is It Sabotage?

By Jim O'Neill
    Saturday, May 1, 2010

The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a catastrophe of historic dimensions, The oil slick we see on the surface of the Gulf of Mexico is just the tip of the iceberg. http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/go/site/2931/

Thousands of barrels of oil are spewing into the waters off of Louisiana, and nobody is “turning the spigot off.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BP oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico had an explosion, Massey coal mine explosion in West Virginia

Convenient Disasters

By Alan Caruba
    Saturday, May 1, 2010

I am the last person to subscribe to conspiracy theories, but I do find it incredibly convenient for the opponents of offshore (and domestic) drilling for oil that the BP oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico had an explosion and the subsequent leak.

Opponents of coal mining also received a gift in the form of the Massey coal mine explosion in West Virginia that killed a number of miners.

All-in-all, a bad few weeks for what the Greens call “dirtyâ€

I feel sort of bad that my first reaction to hearing about this explosion, is it seemed awfully convenient so we wouldn't have to drill. My first reation was to blame our government. Of course, if we didn't have so many regulations and would permit the oil companies to drill closer to the shore where the oil isn't so deep, they could have more control over the drilling,