Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

(Amnesty) Activists' efforts fall on deaf ears

If this is a dup, please delete. And please don't get complacent: we have the SEIU, some Evangelical leaders, and other special interests (see below) pushing amnesty:
    ---

Politico
    Activists' efforts fall on deaf ears
    By: Kasie Hunt
    May 14, 2010 04:13 AM EDT

Arizona’s religious leaders came to Washington on Thursday to remind John McCain that he used to be on their side in liberalizing immigration laws.

They didn’t get very far.

“They want comprehensive immigration reform, and I explained to them that we have to secure the borders first,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“Go and look at the registration levels for kindergarten in the state,â€

[quote]“Church attendance in Spanish-language churches across the state of Arizona has plummeted as a result of the law,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]Quote:
    “Go and look at the registration levels for kindergarten in the state,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I do not envy anybody in Washington at this time. This situation could plunge us into civil war or an international war. It could be what breaks the nation. The only thing that I see that might put a partial end to it would be immediate sustainable wage employment for everybody plus reinstituting career paths and the elimination of dumbsizing of jobs. How likely is that to happen?

Meanwhile most citizens are totally fed-up with their representatives in Washington going all the way to the top and they all could likely find themselves unemployed if they do not handle this correctly. I am failing to see an answer that could be acceptable to all parties - none of whom are willing to compromise.

Yes, the sleeping giant has awakened, mi amigos and we say Si Se PUEDE!
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

"The plummet of the money from the collection plate has motivated our spiritual leaders.

They should all lose their tax exempt status for trying to use their churches as political bargaining tools to influence our lawmakers, our laws and political makeup of this country.
    The separation of Church and State is not about a cross in the Arizona desert, or the Ten Commandments on a monument, it is to keep churches from interfering with and influencing our government. JMO"

I LOVE YOU NEW MEXICAN! I SO AGREE!
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Rev. Jim Wallis, an activist who heads the group Sojourners, has said many churches intend to ignore the law if it is implemented in July as scheduled.
    Works for me... as we deport ILLEGAL ALIENS FROM THE JAILS.. there will be plenty of room for you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]Far from engaging in dialogue with immigration reform advocates, McCain has embraced the tough-guy routine. In a new campaign ad, he walks with a sheriff along the border and declares: “Complete the danged fence.â€
    "